Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT 14

Greetings, shopping friends. I've been busy shredding, decluttering and watching Hallmark's mystery movies.

Before doing that, however, I found myself buy some Clarks shoes of which I have a two-year old pair. They have been great, so the reduced price, free shipping and 7% rebatee from EBates or whatever its new name is was too much of a winning combination for me to pass up.

I now need to watch carefully what I am doing as Black Friday may or may not have some temptation for me. Last year, I passed on it but who knows what bargains might lie ahead. I just do the online version as I don't venture into the store madness. I did that once and once was enough.

I work tomorrow and Thursday definitely and have the cardiologist appointment on Friday, so I might be scarce on those days.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT 14

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like you scored a bargain! Don't you just love it when you have multiple discounts and get what you really want instead of the compromise? It's a great feeling. I like the Clarks and Earth brand of shoes. They work for my feet and last.

I used to do all those midnight maddness sales with my friend and we'd go from mall to mall. Not anymore. I love shopping online and not fighting for a parking space, etc. It works better for all of my health issues which can get in the way of bargain hunting. LOL

I didn't get any major project accomplished just lists and little things. I have a touch of the flu so there goes getting the flu shot this week. I decided to push the fence projject into Spring 2020 because the gas company hasn't arrived. I took a walk around the back to gt an estimate of the space and forgot that we didn't dismante the old veggie gardens yet. I thought that could get in the way of the install and with temps falling they could hit into frozen ground or rock. I seldom go around to that side of the house because it's so hilly I guess I'm going to have to give it more attention next Spring.

I have to say that even with all the different events that QVC and other retailers have had so far, I haven't been too tempted. All I really want are a couple of light weight cotton sweaters but don't want to pay a crazy price for them. It's a want and definately not a need so I haven't "cracked" yet.

I was thrilled that my Grandson is starting to think about Christmas shopping. He's 22 and a chef so he works most days and nights. I think that's my gene with early shopping for the holidays. YIPPEE!  

I hope everyone's week goes well including doctor appointments. I'll probably be off the forums for the remainder of week since my husband will be working from home and we share one computer. Hopefully, that will keep me from thinking about that slim BL tree TSV this week. We'll see how that attempt fares.      

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  Today's TSV is an easy pass for me.  I tried a cape/poncho thing from JCP a few years ago and didn't care for the experience Woman Very Happy 

JCP had a pretty good sale on a mattress topper yesterday.  At the time I put it on my wish list the price was $119.99 (25% off the sale price).  JCP upped the ante Woman Wink for 9 hours last night with 30% off the sale price. 

Why pay $119.99 when I could pay $104.99?  I remembered to use ebates/rakuten and earned 6%. 

SensorPEDIC® Advanced Cool 2" Memory Foam Topper

I'm hoping this highly rated topper will remove pressure off my shoulder joints when I sleep on my side.

I stayed strong and didn't add any other items from the wish list.  No wanties, just the needie Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We'll miss you @Fressa  Good luck resisting the slim tree TSV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Freesa--Sorry the cold kept you from getting the flu shot, and hopefully DH will share the computer with you for a brief posting. If not, we will miss you. I have some property that is difficult for me to access so I rely upon the lawn person to tell me if something needs attention.

Bernie--I do hope the mattress topper works oiut well for you. You definitely were a winner on that purchase. I do hope you sleep better and with less pain.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I am home, and very tired.  It was a wonderful trip, but now I am dealing with a lack of sleep.  I did get out to the grocery store and picked up some milk and eggs, but I need to go for produce (probably tomorrow.)  I also did some laundry.  Lots more to do, but.....

My old faithful MP3 player -- used every day on my walks for several years -- died just before my trip.  So, I ordered a new one (different and less expensive) and a new travel alarm clock since my old one died on the trip. Those were from Amazon.  I found an item I have had on my Q wishlish  (IM sleeveless top) on Lunchtime special today.  I usually don't wear sleeveless out, but it is nice to have a sleeveless top in our hot summers -- I wear them with a light sweater or shrug.  

Glad you found such good bargains Jean and Bernie.  I kind of like capes and ponchos, but I just don't wear them.  So, no TSV for me.

Looking forward to your return when you have computer access Freesa.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda