Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 12)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day out with the temps around 70. Had it not been so foggy and overcast this morning, I might have taken of for a tour of the foilage color change in the mountains.

I did odds and ends around the house, and just returned from the drugstore to pick up another prescription. I am gearing up for Prime Day and may find myself getting an Instant Pot. Time will tell! 

I saw the SG fleece jacket presented. It was an easy pass for me.

I hope each of you is having a great day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, OCT. 12)

Hi Everyone!

It's foggy, breezy and a bit cool. Odd weather. The leaves are turning and the pine needles are blowing in piles everywhere. You were never know that we did so much work over the weekend. Oh well.....Fall has arrived.

I was up most of the night with the beginning signs of the flu. So far, it's a mild case. I['m actually resting today and had a conversation with the nurse at the doctor's office. That's all good for me. I'm planning on resting until I sleep at least 4-5 hours at night and then I'll be back to my normal "issues."

No temptation on the TSV for me. I have plenty of coats & jackets. I could use a hoodie but it's not a "need". I watched more tv than usual this morning and a few lounging items caught my eye. i couldn't get over the price of a few of the items. All I kept thinking is that I would not want to get a dirty paw print on that if I paid that much for it. Good grief!  I'm always in sticker shock. 

KomKat--I find the wish list and save cart works well to deter my spending as well. I figure that if I don't go back and move it into the cart in a few days then I don't need it. All these helpful steps save on the budget and keeps me "mostly" on track.

LindaLatte---GSD is German Shepherd Dog. I only abbriviate it because I know my posts are rather long. (You should see my emails. LOL).We have 2 (1 male and 1 female) The female is just under 100 pounds and the male is 105 pounds. All three of us were on diets to lose 10 pounds. The dogs did and I gained 2. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your weather is nice.  It is another pretty hot and dry day here with a high of 94 degrees predicted.  It is supposed to get warmer this week, but not make it back to 100 degrees.   It is nice and cool on my morning walks, which I like. 

Very sorry you may be having the flu, Fressa.  Hope that it is a mild case, and you are back to normal soon.  Thanks for the clarification about the dogs.  I didn't realize German Shepherds were so large.  At this point, I am about the same weight as your male dog.  Going on this low fat and cholesterol diet has resulted in some unwanted weight loss.  Not a big loss (5 - 8 pounds or so), but unwanted.  

I didn't remember that it was a Holiday today, so no mail delivery, etc.  Fortunately, it is not a Holiday observed by our trash company, so we are on the regular schedule.

Hope you find something you like on Prime Day, Jean.  I was thinking about waiting to purchase the Instant Pot, but then saw they were offering a 10 percent rate for award points on the Amazon Visa card (instead of the usual 5 percent), and no one else had a lower price (I checked many websites).  While I certainly don't need anything, I will be checking out Prime Day as well.

I will not be ordering the TSV since I don't need any more coats.  I still have a SG reversible fleece coat from many years ago (at least 10 years, and probably more).  I find that I don't wear it all that much, but keep it because it comes in handy sometimes.  DD said she wasn't interested due to the price plus S&H since she could find suitable coats for a lower price and no shipping.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I spent a bunch of time reorganizing/deculltering my plastic food storage containers yesterday.  Really happy that I did that.  There are many other projects that need to be completed.

This morning I have my American Revolution OLLI class.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, after having about 10 days of beautiful weather, it's going to be rainy for a few days and then frost.  We  had frost two weeks ago, so maybe last week was Indian Summer.  I have been doing odds & ends today too.

Fressa,   I hope that you are feeling better soon.  We got our flu shots last month, so we are praying to stay healthy.  It seems like yard work never ends. I try to keep it simple for my DH.  Those are two big dogs.

Linda L, I decluttered my plastic containers a few weeks ago and have them in 2 larger containers.  It's so nice and I am not looking for them.  I drink the 30 calories Almond Milk. I only use it on my oatmeal and granola cereal.   I can't drink regular milk anymore.  

It was a DIY weekend.  On Saturday, we hosed down and cleaned 1/2 of the house siding.  Our road was black topped last Wednesday.  Yesterday, we did the other half & I painted the porch foundation.  It was a bigger job than I had anticipated.  One section led to another &  another & so on. I had a quart of paint and used it right to the last drop.   This is only the 2nd time I have done it since we built our home 25 years ago.  I was going to paint the spindles on the front porch, but that might be a project for next year.

I was tired and ached all over last night.  It's going to be a rest up day today.  Since we didn't go to the gym last week, we are going tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then we will see how things are going.  

Last week was fun being able to go on a couple of road trips.  We are not used to having to stay home.  The fall foliage was so beautiful.  The leaves are starting to turn  down here,  but the rain and wind might ruin it all.

On Saturday, we went to visit my bff.  Her DH is still at the NH PT unit.  She is having a hard time as she can only see him for an hour a day outside in the gazebo. 

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   I know Indian Summer follows Squaw Winter.  I don't know if we had a frost.  I don't think we had a frost.  Darn it, I wish I would have paid attention to the low temps.  I usually see the frost on the backyard grass when it happens.  Did you see the frost on your grass?  Sorry if it sounds like I am grilling you, I don't mean to, lol.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, the neighbors across the street from us and the neighbor that's backyard meets our backyard both had a heavy frost in their yards and on their rooftops.  We had a 29° night and two 31°  nights.  It's supposed to be in the upper 20's on Friday night.  That's why I am wondering if the past week or so was Indian Summer.