Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV.23)

Good morning, shopping friends.I've been to the primary care doctor and I am now having my last cup of caffeine before heading to the city and tonight's sleep study. I'll be meeting a friend for dinner at the Outback, and then killing some time before the sleep study.

I see that the Dennis Basso upcoming TSV coat has shipped. Hopefully, it will not be a sizing problem as I can be one of two different sizes depending upon the style and I think I remember this one being described as semi-fitted. Time will tell.

They had one of those 5-hour easy pay specials last night just when I was in another buying mood. I  have the Susan Graver TSV jacket with faux leather trim. It looks fabulous on me, so I indulged in another color. Now, I need to apply the shopping brakes.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. One more cup of caffeine, and I am out of here! Enjoy!!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV.23)

Good morning, busy Monday here.

We had a wonderful time, the weather was cool but sunny.  My sweater coat A269624 in camel with skinny jeans and my camel boots were  perfect.  The tents were heated but you were inside and out.  I was comfortable all day. Sampled all kinds of wine.

We bought a couple bottles of wine , 2 dessert wines one cholate cherry and one pear, ate some good food and heard some good music.  The Natural Bridge hotel is old elegance,  very nice.

No shopping on my horizan.  I hope everyone is well.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you have a fun day before another sleep study.  Two sounds like a lot, but I understand that your doctors are concerned about your heart issues.  I'm sure you will enjoy Outback.

I tried several suggestions for my cold yesterday -- peppermint tea, honey, other herb tea, NyQuil, etc.  I already take vitamin D, but I'll probably take an extra one just in case.  Long story short, the cold continues.  I remembered why I shy away from NyQuil -- what a crazy night -- dreams, coughing, etc.  I was pretty tired this morning, but managed to get up and go to strong bones.  Unfortunately, the lady who opens up the facility was not there, and the four of us who showed up didn't want to try to exercise on the sidewalk (not really possible), so I came back.  I did stop by the library on the way home to drop off a couple of books (donation), and a movie I had borrowed -- "Still Alice" -- quite a movie, especially for someone dealing with a loved one with dementia/Alzheimer's.  But, I'm glad that I saw it.

DD said my SIL seemed to be doing pretty well -- he had a spike of high blood pressure this morning, but hopefully it will go back down.  Oldest DGS worked extra time at Macy's (four hours, I think) on Saturday, but he doesn't go back in until Thursday evening when he starts his marathon (6 p.m to 6 a.m. and again on Friday).  Meanwhile, Army DGS got back from his Reserves weapons training which went well.

If I'm up to it, I hope to go to COSTCO today.  There are things there for much better prices than other stores.  But, if I don't feel up to it, I'll probably delay the trip until next week.

Waves to Kathleen (looks like you had a wonderful time at the Marine Ball -- great!), Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Karen, Charlene, Rosa (hope your weekend was lots of fun), pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- glad you had such a good time and were dressed so appropriately, Rosa.  I'm sure you looked great!  Hope you like the new jacket color, Jean.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Linda, have you ever tried Zicam (rapid melts)?  I swear by them for colds.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

No, I have not, Bernie, but I'll look for them now.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I hope you enjoy your dinner and do well at the sleep study.  I really think that Denim & Co blazer I posted about last week would look good on me, but I just can't buy something without a video.  It's beginning to peeve me that they haven't posted the video for it.

Honored Contributor

Rosa, I'm glad you had a good time and looked fabulous while doing it.

Honored Contributor

LindaL - bummer that you dragged yourself to exercise class only to find the building locked.  Yea, I wouldn't have exercised on the sidewalk either, lol.   I heard the movie Still Alice was very good, I haven't seen it yet. Glad your SIL is doing a bit better.  Your GS is in for it - Black Friday shopping at Macy's, oy that kid is going to be tired.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

They are little round Zinc supplements about the size of a mint.  Most populr flavor here is the cherry.  For the most part, as long as you follow the label and take every so many hours and avoid fruit juice for like 30 mins before or after and avoid liquids for maybe 15 mins before, they work like magic to me.

Twice this fall I thought I was coming down with something - ear, throat and head.  I hit that Zicam like it was a religious experience, lol.  I took it as recommended for a few days, even one day when I felt good and whammo - whatever I was coming down with was gone.

I usually hit the Zicam at the start of symptoms.  But honestly I've also done it mid cold.  I could be taking cough syrup, muching on Sucrets or cough drops and I still hit the Zicams.  Something about zinc does knock out a cold.

Valued Contributor

Birdmama, thank you so much!  I do try