Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 18)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another sunny day here with highs expected to reach 80 degrees.  Now they are saying the rain and much cooler temperatures will start tomorrow evening.  It was nice, if a bit chilly on my walk this morning.

They were installing carpeting where we have our Strong Bones class today, so no class.  I would have probably been the only one who would have attended in any case.  There was a piano concert this morning, and I went there since I had "time off".  It was pretty good, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend again (they are held once a month) due to the time conflict with "Strong Bones".  Lots of very talented people in this area.  

I like the look of the TSV, but there is no way that I could use five pairs of those types of socks.  I asked, but DD isn't interested.  Hope any of you who order like them very much.

Sorry to hear about the water main break in your area, Bernie.  Hope your new toilet parts are not affected.  How do you listen to the podcasts?  I ask because I am not sure how to do so other than using the computer or telephone.  I was thinking it would be helpful if I could use my MP3 player instead so that I could listen while I walk.  

I will be going to the new vein doctor this afternoon.  Hope that it works out that I can get a procedure done for my varicose veins.  That assumes that he believes a procedure is necessary, and my insurance approves.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 18)

@LindaLatte   Hi Linda!  Well, we have your AZ sun in NE Ohio today, but not the 80 degrees!  It's upper 40's, which is actually warmer than it's been this month.  Our temps have been running well below normal with no relief in sight.  This is the third day of full sun, though, which is very unusual for November, which is always a very cloudy month with the colder air blowing across Lake Erie.

Let me know how it goes with your vein doctor.  I always thought I was lucky because I never had them.  Then, in my early sixties, they started as spider veins.  Now they have developed into some nasty looking vericose veins, but only on my left leg.  The ones on my right leg aren't bad.  I dread having anything done because of the recovery time, and I can't imagine wearing support hose or not working out!  

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's partly sunny but cool today. I'm just happy that most of the ice has melted. Ice always scares me about falling and huring my knees/leg. The dogs can run around and not worry about the slick rug. I have been experiementing with rolling them up for the winter or not over the last few years. Since I have smaller rugs than usual I decided to just let themstay out for the winter. I got them all on clearance last year so I got 3 for the price of what 1 usually costs. 

I still have my cold/flu on top of my usual "stuff". My husband seems to be over his bad cold but we both took it easy this weekend. I think we needed it after all the fall clean up and the washer repairs. I think I have a few more days before I start to feel like this "bug" is gone.

We had another buck running around the yard this morning. I guess it's the season. I miss seeing the doe and fawns. It's interesting to see how they remember where the fird baths and water fountain are located to get their drinks. They seem to have favorite spots to rest/sleep. So peaceful.

It just occured to me that I better get a turkey in this house sooner than later. I swear, it takes me longer to decide on a smaller menu for the holiday dinner than when we had everyone here for the meal. I have been trying to scale back on the holiday cooking, baking and general chores to make it a bit easier on myself. That will always be a work in progress. LOL

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon/evening. 

Respected Contributor

@Fressa   It definitely is the deer season.  I live in a city of 50,000, but we still have deer around the neighborhoods.  My condos are located on a busy four lane road, but the deer are always trying to cross.  When I went jogging yesterday around 2:00pm, I sadly came across an unfortunate doe on the tree lawn very close to the sidewalk where I was.  She probably only had been dead a few hours.  I had to pass her twice, and it was very sad to see her there.  The deer can be pesky when they get in our yards, but I hate to see them die like that.  I'm still thinking about her today.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I worked today but coulld see the beautiful sunshine though the windows. Of course, the sun was starting to fade away as I came home. Linda, I envy your temps as I just heard the weather forecast and snow is being mentioned for the weekend or beginning of the week but in an amount not to get excited about, more like flurries.

I saw the TSV presented before I went to work,. I think they are cute but I would never use that many. Right now, I'm watching the 4pm news cast. Afterwards, I'll fix difnner and then continue watching the new season of "The Crown," which is excellent.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I could probably download the podcast and then transfer it to my little MP3 player but I prefer to listen to them when I am either on my desktop or laptop.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise