Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 12)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a dreary and cool day. I had planned to go to the city today for some odds and ends, as well as taking some donation items. The only problem is that I overslept. I must have been tire as I slept ten hours which is far more than I usually do. Since it gets dark early now, I wouldn't have much time for the city so I chose to stay home as 3 hours roundtrip on the road takes much of the daylight time.

I've been watching the Q. As someone who has shopped with the Q since the merger with CVN, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about the $10 discount being given to new buyers. I understand it is a method of hooking new shoppers, but what is being done for those of us who have been loyal shoppers? It really makes one rethink purchases, especially if they are not a need....and if the need can wait until putting time on the road to shop in the city. It has been a convenience but now money is talking!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 12)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry your weather isn't nice.  It was pretty cold here this morning -- only 35 degrees when I went for my walk.  Yikes!  I wore my fleece jacket, hat, and gloves, so I was comfortable.  And, it was mostly sunny.  Certainly much nicer than other locations and no snow.  But, I was not pleased.

You really must have needed to rest.  I can't remember when I slept that long, perhaps when I was a teenager or when I was ill or had surgery.  Good idea not to risk those roads when it gets dark so early.  

I agree with you about the special incentives for new shoppers.  What about their loyal shoppers?  The TSV is not calling my name, and so far nothing else is doing so.  Sorry the step stool you ordered was not at a Black Friday price.  Oh well.....  I ordered one of those snow shovels for DD when it was on sale with no shipping and handling.  As I told her, I hope she doesn't need it, since she feels like i do about snow.  But, she said she will probably need it since it usually snows there -- not like the snows in Wisconsin or something, but......

The leader of my "strong bones" class did not come today, so I was the leader.  Hopefully, I did okay.  Two of our "winter visitors" were back, which was nice.

I spent a bunch of time on the big storage unit/bookcase sort of cabinet in the office/guest bedroom yesterday afternoon/evening, and I think the job is pretty much finished except for a whole lot more shredding to do.  DH must have had at least 10 checkbooks.  None of those accounts are open, but I still felt I should shred the the checkbooks.  I also found that he had saved all the cards I had given him over the years, which brought some tears.   I guess that is to be expected.

I have my grief group today, and then my bookclub.  So, it is a busy day for me.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean @KonaKat and Linda @LindaLatte

I decided that I met the time (6 months) if not the miles for an oil change.  I called the dealer and pressed the number (2) for service and was sent to voicemail 3 times.  That seemed really peculiar to me so I called back a 4th time and this time chose the number (4) for the operator.

A guy answered, which surprised me.  It's been my experience that the operators are always women.  When I made a joke and asked if anyone was working in the service department, I surely didn't expect him to say no.  He further said that he was the only person on site.  I won't bore you with the rest of the conversation because it was convulated at best. 

I was able to pick up that the dealership was closed and it sounded permanent.  To be honest I can get my car serviced at another Nissan dealer (we don't have that many).  I told the guy on the phone that I was sorry to hear that employees were out of a job, especially this close to the holiday season.  He seemed grateful that I was compassionate.  I told him, honestly I know you think Nissan's are really special but I've been driving them over 20 years - Jiffy Lube is qualified to change the oil if necessary.    

From what I can gather on google the two football players and additional businessman who ran Nissan and Hyundai dealers in MI and PA (don't know where else) were allegedly (don't wanna get sued, lol) caught doing some strange things in regards to money.  

I didn't have the best car buying experience there last October (2017) but I really didn't see this coming.  

I think we are expecting snow later this afternoon so I went outside and raked the front yard.  This is the second and final 'major' rake of the season.  I listened to music on my MP3 player which helped the task be more pleasant.  I have 7 packed bags of leaves that will go out to the curb tomorrow.

My backyard hasn't been raked once.  The walnut tree leaves are tiny.  The mulberry tree leaves are bigger and appear to be all on the ground now.  I have a fenced backyard so there is some control of the movement of the leaves.  They will stay in my yard unless we get some major winds.

My shoulders had enough of a workout with the front.  I will work on the backyard a day at a time.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are doing a great job in decluttering. Those cards from DH are treasures! I do  hope DD enjoys the snow shovel. From the forecast, it appears our areas will be getrtring snow soon..

Bernie--I am sorry that the business you used is closing. Job loss is a hard reality of today's economic situation in many places. I do hope the business was not being used as a front for another activity where interests were more centered. 

I work the next four days, and these will be challenging days as they will be the last days before the week of Thanksgiving break and also deer season. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat 

"According to Automotive News, something was suspected to be amiss this past summer, when audits carried out by another brand with a store in this dealer group identified some, erm, discrepancies. Not long after this brouhaha, reps from Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. turned their sights to these locations, allegedly identifying more than 400 vehicles that had been financed but could not be located. Last month, lawsuits filed in two separate states purport that Nissan Finance is owed nearly ten million dollars for vehicles sold out of trust."

So what does selling out of trust mean?

"Selling out of trust is a phrase commonly used in the automobile industry to refer to the illegal sale of a car that has been paid for with a loan and then not using the sale proceeds to pay back the lender."

Woman SurprisedWoman Surprised

All I can say is that I'm glad that I bought my car when I did.  I immediately registered with Nissan USA (back then) to arrange for monthly auto bill pay and I did verify how much they said I owed compared to the paperwork that I received when I left the dealership with my car.

I put $15k down on that car and if Nissan should come a calling saying they don't know what happened, they will get this from me, rofl.

Image result for talk to the hand meme

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - checking in late today.  Jean - I agree with you that QVC should offer some type of reward for long-term shoppers.  I've been here about 28 years.  I think a coupon for 10% off a single purchase every year on your birthday would be nice and reasonable.  Linda - I'm impressed by your taking over the strong bones class when your instructor didn't show up.  Good job.  Have fun with the shredding, an endless job in my opinion.  Bernie - interesting about the auto dealership.  I bet they'll turn that into a segment of the tv show American Greed.  I hope they hold the alleged perpetrators accountable, but I too, feel sorry for the regular employees that have lost their jobs.  

~  Charlene