Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 1)

Greetings, shopping friends. It has been some time since I have posted. Having breakthrough Covid was exhausting but not as intense and health threatening as some here who have been in the hospital for a month with respiratory issues.

Right now, I'm watching Laura Geller amd have seen some fashion shows. Each year, I've gotten the FAB TSV. I like that product very much so I hope I haven't missed that great beauty product.

I am looking at the house which needs refreshing but I am not pushing an effort for an all out cleaning. Obviously, the knee surgery could not be done, and I have no  idea when it will be rescheduled as the surgeon is very popular.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, NOV. 1)

Hello, and happy HEALTHY November to you!

Hoping that you continue to be on the mend!

I am eyeing a sweatshirt that I really don't need...

-Solar Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Solar Is My Name Thank you for the good wishes. I am sure you will make the right decision on your tempting purchase.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I am glad that you are feeling better.  It's a good idea not to over do it.  I like Laura Geller too  but forgot that she was on, so I have missed most of her show.  I don't go out without lipstick & have plenty of tubes in various colors.

Solar,  hi to you too.  I am also looking for a nice pair of sweat pants and top.  I only have this set & they are in a nice cable knit so they are a bit dressy looking with a nice jacket.  

I am not going to the gym for a couple of days as my left foot is still sore. I have been using the heating pad and it seems to help & the hot tub feels good too.

It's supposed to be sunny and 40's-50's for 10 days. I am loving this weather and have laundry blowing in the breeze.

My dh just got a call from the Vision Center saying his new lenses are in.  He will be going to get them after a trip to the gym.

My dh saw his Mom last Saturday & she has no broken bones from her fall last Wednesday but is quite sore & will be going from the hospital to a rehab place this morning for 21 days.  Then it's up to her and the 5 boys what she will do next.  At 96 years old, her memory is good so we are glad about that.  

My dh & I had planned to go to our favorite Italian restaurant on Saturday night.  When we got there at 4:45, the place was packed so we went up to the order window and waited for a carry out.  It was still a nice meal.

The leaves are still beautiful so we are hoping to go for one more road trip this week.  Down into IL about an hour away.  Syd's grandma and grandpa were there a couple of months ago.  We usually go every year, but Covid took care of that last year.

I am doing nothing more than 1 have to today.

My bf is still on crutches, but doing a bit better.  My brother can go back to work next Monday, but is on light duty until March.  He is struggling with stomach and eating problems.   They say things happen in 3's.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone

It's finally sunny and a bit cool. We've had rain and fog for at least 4 or 5 days/nights. Now we are waiting for the outside to dry out to put covers on everythin and mow & weed for the last time this year. Crossing my fingers.

Today is laundry and not too much else. The wallpaper peeiing is taking most of my energy. It will be nice when it's done. I just hope I make it by the end or the month or the Christmas trees will be going up late this year.

I watched quite a bit of the Q this morning. I enoy Carolyn and I've started to watch more tv when I'm doing the laundry. The running up and dwn the steps really wears on me so I'm trying to be more aware of little things I can do to avoid that feeling. 

KomKat---LG had a 4 set pallette of makeup on for a special price $29.95 ( I think). It was one of her holiday specials. She also had her eye pencil set of 5/6 on air. I think she said that was it for the holiday specials. 

The birds are on the new Fall wreath that I made for the front door. I have one that keeps pulling the twigs out to make a nest in the ivy trellis. They certainly are busy.

Have a good afernoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny---Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hopefully a few days off will mend the strain. I will keep all of your relatives in my thoughts and prayers. They all are dealing with so many challenges. 

Our leaves are only starting to turn so I'm not sure when our winter will actually start. I thought our Fall started early this year from the way my allergies, etc. were behaving, They are predicting a long and cold winter but they've been predicting that for the last 5 years. Still...as a precaution I did order some emvergency food to have on hand. 

Gald you enjoyed your takeout Italian. It's nice to have a few treats in the week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, the squirrels are busy hiding nuts here.  As soon as my dh put out the real pumpkins, a squirrel was on top of one of them. I thought that it was gnawing on the stem,  but it was getting a walnut prepared to bury.    I wonder if it will be a snowy winter.  I love snow, just not a foot at a time.  My dh bought a new snowblower last year, so he is ready to go.   Good luck with your wall paper removal.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I don't think you missed FAB special this year.  Perhaps it will be on later this month.  While I don't watch Q every day, I get emails about the TSV, etc., and it has not been listed.  I am interested as well so that is why I have been checking.

Glad you are doing better, and hope your surgery can be scheduled this year or at least early next year.  I know the weather could be an issue, but fingers crossed it works out okay.

I have had two OLLI classes today, and I go for my annual eye doctor's appointment this afternoon.  Hope to fit in some exercise.  The weather was pretty nice on my walk.  It was cool this morning, they are predicting a high of 83 degrees later, and it is sunny.   My kind of weather.  I know that isn't universal by any means.

Yesterday, I roasted cauliflower and carrots in the oven, and they were delicious.  No need for additional cooking today which is good given my schedule.

Waves to Solar, Glenda, Fressa, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I am happy to say that I found a few more things to donate.  Decluttering is definitely one day at a time for me.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   it's good to see you posting.  I am so glad that you are recovering from the breakthrough covid infection.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @Solar Is My Name  you can't go wrong with a sweatshirt.

Hey Glenda @twinny70   glad to read you are taking it easy and resting that foot,  Yea bless your MIL heart, she's determined to remain independent and I think these falls of hers are going to put the family into a decision mom may be unhappy about.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise