Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY16)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted much over in the last few day due to getting the house ready for the water heater/generator install on Thursday. I've been keeping up with reading everyone's news and activities. 

LindaLatte--It was nice to hear that the Quincearnea luncheon went well and enjoyed by everyone. 

Good luck to your DD on the house find.  I thought the agent had a great idea with just walking around with her cell phone to show your DD close up views of the rooms. It can be so different from the website to the actual room depending on the angle. 

Birdmama--It sounds like we are having similar weather. It's rain most days so at least I don't have to drag the hose out to water the plants. On the other hand. I just did weeding a few weeks ago and it looks like a jungle in the front gardens. UGH!!!! 

We had the postal food pickup Saturday but our food had to be placed inside the mailbox. They eliminated the option of placing it next to the mailbox.(We never had the option of porch) 

PALady--Hope you are enjoying all the space and possiblilties with your new home. 

Prayers to Bev and all those in need. I'm happy to hear that Barb likes the facility. It takes some of the stress and worry off your shoulders when you're in that stage of life.I  know it took us a while before we found a facility for my Mom. We had moved her in with us and took shifts but then her care and medical needs exceeded our skills.

I spent the last few days moving furniture and "stuff" around in three rooms and two closets in the lower level so the install team would have a clear path.  Fingers crossed that the entire team is here in one day (as promised) to handle both projects. Thank heavens we caught a break with the main electric panel location being on the corner of the house (inside a closet) for the power connection on the outside meter for the generator. The gast meter is outside on same corner. The mini patio project was behind schedule because of the rain but needs to be completed before Thursday. Needless to say that project is a bit more than we thought it was going to be but it will be nice. Tuesday is the only day without rain. At the very least, we will be able to move all the firewood out of the way so they can install everything. Always have a plan b & c. is the motto in this house.  

I've watched some of the fashion on theQ but decided that the regular price on most items are not budget friendly. The price of the dog food & treats has increased again so that's a "need". Both of the dogs had a tummy issue and a differenct preference with what digested best for them. It took a while to find a brand that worked for both. I had "flashbacks" to when my son was a newborn with cholic (for 6 months). Don't want to repeat either of those situations. 

I did purchase in the beginning of "garden season" on the Q the Roxanne DiParma  serated garden trowel. It's shaped in a wide v with groves at the vottom and teeth on the sides. She was right--it's perfect for splitting large plants. I couldn't beleive that I was able to do this by myself without having to use my full size shovel. Great find. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY16)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You have been very busy, as usual.  Hope everything goes smoothly on Thursday.  We could certainly use some of that rain, but none is predicted for at least a week (and probably longer).  The high for today is predicted to be 98 degrees, and it is already 96 degrees.

I was able to see the lunar eclipse pretty well yesterday evening despite not having a telescope. Usually, those sort of events occur too late for me or we have some clouds, etc.

Today I went on a hospice visit that turned out to be shorter than expected.  The patient was a nice guy, and we had a good conversation.  But, then he said that he wanted me to leave since he was taking a nap.  His caregiver (I think she must be from an agency or something) said that I should go since they wanted to do what he wanted.  That makes sense, but I was a little worried about him being alone until she returned (he told her to leave as well).

I agree with you about the prices here -- unless it is on a big sale or special, not something I care to order.  Of course, I don't need anything in the clothing and shoe line.  Household items like the trowel you found are more difficult to resist.

One of my work colleagues posted on Facebook that she had spent way too much money on things like shoes, clothing, and handbags before her husband passed away.  She had the money at the time, but could use it now.  Also, she realized that she hadn't even taken several things out of the bags -- Dooney and Burke handbags that she purchased here.  She ended up selling some of them to Facebook friends.  One thing that surprised me was how many pairs of shoes she has (many ordered here)-- very neatly arranged in her California Closets.  It made me feel a little better about my excess.  But, I really liked the organization.  She told me that she waited 30 years to have the closet work done, but loves them.

Hope you hear back about your procedure, Jean.  Also hope your weather is okay Bernie.  Imagine you are settling back into the routine after your wonderful trip, Glenda.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@Fressa   We finally got rain last night.  Looks like we are gonna have rain almost every other day this week.  I hope that the water heater/generator goes well for you.  I'm not much of a gardner, however I took like garden and garage type tools.  One of the best purchases I've ever made at the Q was the ratcheting pruner and lopper.  I don't think they even sell them any more and I'm thinking the lady who presented them was name Marika or something like that - it's been years.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  all you can do when someone asks you to leave is say okay and then as soon as you get in your car, cross yourself and say a prayer of protection for the person.

I think most of us hit a point one day when we look at our possessions and think, what in the heck have I been doing?  In my case as I get older I realize that I need so little.  Now, that doesn't mean I won't treat myself to a new blouse or something like that.  I can't get over how cured I am from my shoe addiction since I retired.   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I have been trying to keep up with all of you.

We did have the most fabulous road trip & we are slowly getting back to normal.  My allergies were bad for a few days, but I am back to my old self.

Getting groceries, picking up 2 weeks worth of mail, mowing the lawn (dh) doing about 80% of the laundry has kept us both busy.

My dh has an eye appt tomorrow and I will drive him across town to our eye Dr.  On Wednesday he has labs and 6 month Dr follow-up.

I get my next infusion next Monday.   One of our nephews is getting married next Saturday.  It's exciting as it's been postponed for two years too.  

We took our mopeds to the gym for the first time in 3 weeks.  It's so nice to get into the hot tub again.

After several days of a heat wave, we have 10 days of 60's-70's.  Aaaah!   A bit of rain here and there which we need.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda