Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 9)

We're having another fabulous weather day - sunny and currently 81 degrees.  There's a breeze and I have a few windows open.  Yesterday I called the heating and cooling people who installed my furnace/AC in September.  I was asking if I was on schedule to finish the install by 'charging the AC'.  It was too cold to do that in September.  The tech came by yesterday afternoon and I'm all set should I need to kick the A/C on.  It's going to be nice like this - sunny and 80-ish for the rest of the week.  I think ran is expected Saturday night and Sunday and then high temps will fall back into the upper 60's.  

I received the outdoor 'coffee' table that I ordered from Home Depot.  That's the last of everything that I ordered.  I thought the table would be a bit longer than it is however I like the quality, color and feel it will work out fine.  It's not like I entertain lots of people Woman Very Happy  It's the perfect height for in front of the convert a bench.

I also finally ordered a cushion directly from the convert a bench people this afternoon.  I tried to find the size I needed for 2 years and realized it's better to just get it from the company who makes the bench.

I went with the Colsen Sonoma pattern

Bench Cushions - 50 Inch Bench Cushion – Convert a Bench

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We are back home safe and sound.  We only unpacked the necessary things and the rest are in the Subaru.  I will do laundry whenever I feel like it.  

We are both tired, but we both said the 2 year wait was worth it.

It took us about one day to get into road trip mode going down South.  We went 2,600 miles & my dh said he spent $275 for gas.  

It's in the upper 80's & will be hotter until the weekend.  Then 40's at night and 60's  daytime all of next week. This I will enjoy.

We went into the motel pool last night and this morning.  We are going into the hot tub tomorrow.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Don't know if I mentioned it, but the friend who took me hiking boot shopping is a "snowbird" from Wisconsin.  Normally, she and her husband go home earlier than this, and avoid some of the heat.  I think last year or perhaps the year before, they ended up staying in Wisconsin during the winter since her husband had a health crisis.  She was not used to being in the cold weather so much.  Anyway, that was part of her motivation to buy some new clothes yesterday and at another store recently.  It makes sense to have duplicates of some things rather than trying to take so much stuff back and forth between the two States.

Glad you found such good bargains and enjoyed the food and pool before you drove home, Glenda.  I am sure you are tired, but it was a very nice trip.

Really like those cushions, Bernie.  Glad you like the table, and have all the items you ordered.

Hi Fressa.  I find planters are better for here since it is so very hot and dry most of the summer with little or no shade.  The cactus is okay, but geraniums, etc. can't take all that direct sun and heat.

The senior lunch program went well, as did the gym. 

I discovered a red spot on the left side of my face, and called the dermatologist office since I have had several similar spots "frozen" in the past.  I had an appointment in October, but they made a new one for mid June.  I will feel better having it examined.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--

Glad you received the remainder of your Home Depot order. I like the pattern on the cushion. Now, you can enjoy it!