Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 9)

Greetings, shopping friends. I've been spending the morning goinng through drawers to see what I can donate. There is something about a beautiful sunny day that is very motivating.

I have some packages in the car from the Q but I don't plan to order for a while. What I ordered was to meet a need for a smaller size. I've lost enough weight to go down a size.

I am impatiently waiting for the doctor or his staff to call me with the recommendations for the choice of procedure. According to research, the program is one of the top three in the nation utilizng physician experience with advanced technology. This is one of the reasons the out of state hospital was recommended and it is within easy travel distance of slightly over three hours by car. I just want a date, etc. so I can make plans for the summer and fall.

Have a great day. If you shop shop wisely,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 9)

KomKat---Good Luck with your doctors and medical procedures. I'll keep you in my prayers that you get a call sooner than later. Waiting for a call back always drives me crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and warming up now. I finally had to put the a/c on to cool the house down a bit. 

I watched a bit of AM Style this morning and found a pair of summer pj's. I've been on the "hunt" for summer p.j.'s and these were Hanes on clearance. I sized up so I hope that was the right guess. 

I should do one more round of decluttering the storage cubes and dresser drawers. I've decided that the weight I am now will probably be my revised normal. No need to keep anything that doesn't fit me now. Hopefully I can get that accomplished this week. I have quite a bit of decluttering and relocating "stuff" for the water heater and generator install. Hopefully, they will get it all done in a day if all goes well. If not it could take up to three days. I have my fingers crossed that all goes according to plan.

I planted the iris and geraniums so hopefully they will take hold. I have bulbs to plant but am waiting on the planters to arrive. I think the groundhog was having breakfast or a late night snack on a few of the iris. Usually, they stay in the side yard. There's another family of them living under the neighbors porch.

I refilled my stomach prescription (which is pricy) so I'm holding my breath with what it will total this time. Hopefully, they will refill for 90 days. 

I did watch more of the Fashion Days than I had planned trying to do some advance shopping for birthday gifts, ettc. Not too many things caught my eye and those that did were just too pricey. It was good to see Leah, Carolyn and Rachael on some of the programs. i like how they explain the details.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad to "hear" from you.  I hope you hear from the doctor soon and get a date set.  I know it is frustrating when you can't make plans.

Fressa - Like you, I need to do another declutter run.  I still have a room to put together and it is all my stuff.  I really need to buckle down when going thru the "stuff".

We are having a beautiful day here, actually, it is supposed to be nice all week.  I am getting excited about it.  We have had so much rain it was getting depressing.

DH and I have been trying to decide what we need to do around the house to make ours.  I don't have the flowers I had at the old house, and am trying to figure out where to put some that we can enjoy them.  I will miss seeing our backyard from our family room.  Oh well, need to make a new plan.

Well, off to start supper.  Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you hear from the doctor about the recommended procedure soon.  Glad it is a nice day, and you are motivated to declutter/donate some more.

Hi Fressa -- hope the prescription isn't too expensive,  Also hope the pj's you ordered fit well.  Good luck with your decluttering, and I hope your plantings take -- I love iris.

You are another one having beautiful weather today, Susan.  I'm sure you and your DH will find a way to make your new home and yard your own.  Looks like several of us need to get on the decluttering bandwagon.

I can't believe your trip is coming to an end soon, Glenda.  Glad it was such a good one after a long wait.

Hope you are not as achy today, Bernie.

The lady from my church took me up to look at hiking boots, and I found some I think I will like from REI.  They have some sort of club you can join that enables you to return shoes for up to a year after purchase (even if worn outdoors, etc.).  It cost $30 for a lifetime membership, so I bought that as well just in case.  I think you are also entitled to some discounts.

Then we went to JC Penney (thought of you, Bernie) to look for some socks, and I had to wait quite a while to purchase them.  In the meantime, she found a jacket and sweatshirt on deep discount, and she got even more off since she had one of their credit cards.  Then we had lunch in the food court.  First time I have been to a Mall since before COVID and even longer since I went with someone else --I really enjoyed it.

Just got the fifth change in my flights to Canada in August.  Wonder how many that I will get before the trip.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's good to see you posting.  I am glad that you are having a beautiful day and got some decluttering done.  Hopefully you will get a call sooner than later and can make your summer plans. Prayers that you get good test results.  Have fun opening your Q pkgs.

Fressa, I didn't know it was fashion day as I have only seen TV in the evening. I hope that you like your summer pj's.   I have 2 $$$ pricey meds and pray for the best. I am glad that you are finally getting some nice sunny weather.  Good luck with your decluttering.  Sorry  the groundhog got the Iris.  

Susan  it looks like we are all getting nice weather.  I don't have a lot of plants/tree's/shrubs/flowers in our yard as I am trying to make mowing the lawn as easy as I can for my dh.  I can remember when we built this house it took me quite a few Christmases to figure out where to put things.  We had been in the old house just shy of 25 years & we had a non functioning, but nice brick fireplace to put things on.  

Linda L, it's nice that you were able to go with your friend to get a pair of hiking boots.  I have been to a couple of smaller malls with a mask on. The food courts aren't very good any more so I haven't eaten in them.  Hopefully you won't get anymore changes to your Canadian trip in August.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

We are having another sunny but hot day.  It's going to unseasonably hot when we get back home tomorrow and lasting for several days.

This vacation has been so wonderful & ending too soon.  Right now neither of us can believe that we have finally gotten to take this vacation and have done everything on our to do list and more.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but we have had a few bumps in the road from Sept 2018-04/22 & we have been praying for a long time that we would be able to finally celebrate our anniversary in a way to remember & not want to forget.

We left Branson at 8:00 this morning heading North.  Lunch was at the Huddle House which we have never been to before.  We had waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon.  It was delicious.

Then we went to Ross and I bought a wonderfully cool black/white polka dot top with short sleeves, faux buttons down the front & elastic at the bottom which I rarely like, but it is cute.  It was $9.99.  Then I bought a narrow leather belt for $8.00 on sale.

Then we went to TJ MAXX & I bought a bright yellow skort with a tiny flower print in raspberry/white for $14.99 & a white pair of shorts for $12.99.  Now I will be joining the decluttering my closet club.  

It's rare that I find so many things that fit & look nice all within about 20 minutes.  Most things are way too long.

The last stop was to the Russell Stover factory outlet and we bought a few SF things.  Mostly chocolate goodies.

We are in a motel about 3 1/2 hours from home. It's got a nice pool which we enjoyed as it's the first pool we have been in since we left home.  There's a gym too so we might check it out.

Tomorrow after breakfast we will take a swim & head for home.  The hot tub, mopeds &  recliners are calling our names.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

PaLady---I moved into this big house with a big yard after living in a townhouse. I was thrilled that I could finally have "real" in ground gardens. (the soil is lousy here) If I had to do it over again--I swear by planters. You can move them around if you change your mind or want a different view. 

Congrats on your progress! It sounds like you are making great progress and having options to change things around. That's always a nice option.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----Glad you found hiking boots and socks that you like. I always forget about the socks until I'm reaching for boots. 

That 's interesting about so many changes in the Canada flights. Sooner or later things will settle in.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--It sounds like you have found quite a few new outfits and good eateries. I think it just adds to the trip experience to find some good food, a bargain (or two) and nice places to rest your head at night.

Enjoy your trip home.