Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm off to work in a few minutes.  I probably  won't bite, but for a beauty TSV I think today's is more reasonably priced.

We now have the Royal baby and it is a boy.  I wish the family the best as growing up in the royal family has to be a challenge. I've always been interested in the Royal family.

I'm wearing my Denim & Co original waist capris pants and a Denim & Co, top to work as casual is fine there. That line plus QF is almost always a guaranteed fit for me.  I see that my TSV Beach pants are still In Process.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 6)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I hope you have a nice day at work.  

Congrats to Meghan and Harry on the birth of their son.  Such an exciting time in the family.

Here's hoping your TSV beach pants ship sooner rather than later.  I've been reading posts about slower than usual order processing and shipping.  I don't know what's been going on. 

It started out sunny here and the clouds are now rolling in.  It will be another rainy week with a chance of severe storms on Thursday.   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Jean, have a nice day at work,your outfit sounds comfortable.  A surprise to me but I had a notice my beach pants shipped....Yesterday!..I will probably get them tomorrow.

Bernie...it is a beautiful sunny day,after about 20 plus of rain....I had checked the forecast for later in the week and we might be getting your rain...oh well.

Went with my DH to drop off his car to the dealership  this morning and brought him back...They said they would " call" us when ready.....I have a feeling it will ready tomorrow sometime.  If you say you will wait for it they get moving on it quick,but the magic words to their ears is I'm dropping it off.

That's about all from here, have a nice day everyone.    Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope work goes well, and your beach pants are shipped soon.  Unfortunately, shipping from the Q  is usually quite slow for my area.  But, sometimes shipping can be faster if the item starts off in CA rather than the East Coast.  Happy to learn about the Royal baby.  I imagine everyone will be delighted with his addition to the family.

Hi Bernie.  Sorry about more rain in the forecast.  I'm hoping it won't rain the whole time that I am in the DC area, but the forecast doesn't look good.

Hope you get your car back sooner rather than later, Marijane.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope the goat is born while you are able to see the birth, Charlene.

I'm back from my strong bones class.  One of the ladies was talking about two of her friends dying in the past week.  One was a member of our church, and it was rather sudden.  He wasn't feeling that great at night, and his wife found him dead in the morning.

One of my high school friends announced on FB that her husband has a rare disease -- similar to, but worse than Parkinson's Disease.  I really feel badly for her and him, of course.

It is cloudy here, and we are expecting highs in the 80's.  Pretty nice weather.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I do hope you don't have to wait long on the car repair. Also, great news on the shipping of the TSV Beach pants.

Linda--Hopefully the weather will be good in the DC area when you travel. Right now, the rain has stopped here and the glorious sun is shining.

Bernie--I am sorry that the week looks as if it is going to be a rainy one for you. I'm hoping the lawn will dry in the next day so it can be mowed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  - no baby goat yet.  As for vets, my DD is the vet, lol.  But it's best to have 2 people around in case there's a problem.  

I did some pruning this morning, and then it started sprinkling, so I spent the rest of the day indoors being rather lazy.  Nice day, actually.  Hope you all are doing well  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb  You know, Charlene after I posted that last night I thought, for Pete's sake Bernie this is not her first goat birth, lol.  Just like last year when my Presto decided at nearly the age of 5 to lay unfertilized eggs last summer.  After nearly having a heart attack the first couple of times, I became very good at being the midwife.  She liked to lay her eggs while sitting in my hand (tucked under my shirt).  I didn't have a vet and she and I survived.

I think people have had cats and dogs give birth without having a vet around so I suppose it would be possible with a goat if you've done it enough.

Short of this bird, who threw me for a loop, any cats or dogs I've lived with with neutered/spayed.

If I had a mammal give birth I'd need the doctor!!!   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise