Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 27)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I hope you are making the most of the day. We had a bad storm and winds, so I've been picking up some debris blown onto the property. Right now, it is sunny but with showers expected in some areas.

Memorial Day used to be a day the family used to get together,decorate graves and then have a picnic. Unfortunately, most of those people are now dead with their descendents scattered far apart, so the Memorial Day get together is a thing of the past.

I do have the small version of the Dyna Trap TSV., It does work well but I don't need a new one. I did have a great selection of Memorial Day sales emails but I deleted them all. I have too much and don't really need anything right now.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 27)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you don't have any more bad storms today.  I noticed a tree in one of my neighbor's yards had a large broken branch -- actually blocking the sidewalk.  It probably went down during the strong winds yesterday.  Today it sunny and less windy and should make it into the upper 70's.  We haven't gotten back to our average temperatures for this time of the year as of yet.  But, I think they are predicting highs in the 90's by Thursday.  I'm happy not to need the AC for the time being.

I remember my parents buying flowers and taking them to various cemeteries when I was young.  But, no picnics.  But, times have certainly changed since their passing.  

I'm back from my "strong bones" class -- there were three of us, and we had an interesting discussion as well as doing the exercises.  One of the ladies is going to Greece next month, and found that the airline (British Air, I think) is charging for any checked baggage ($60 per piece) as well as limiting the size/weight of carry-on bags and purses.  She is not happy since it will result in an extra $240 charge for her and her husband.  There is no way that they could live out of carry-on bags for nearly three months when they are there.

I did some cleaning yesterday afternoon/evening, and I plan to do more today.  I am also going through my socks again and finding the extras that can be trashed or find a new home.  I did this not too long ago, but it needs to be done again.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Enjoy your temps before they reach the 90s and beyond. Glad the 'strong bones' class went well. If I were that lady, I would be very unhappy about the unexpected tacked on charges for the trip. I know it isn't always possible but that is one thing I try to check out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I just finished pressure washing my concrete patio.  I'm going to need to do it again to get it perfectly clean.  I didn't realize how much algae built up where the water pools.

I also blasted the bird bath clean.  Now the birds can bathe as well as drinking water out of the bowl.

I wrestled my convert a bench to the patio.  Once it's assembled it's awkward to pick up and I felt like I was wrestling a dead man Woman Very Happy

I spotted a small crack on my chimney crown (family room fireplace) yesterday afternoon when I looked out of the upstairs window into the backyard.

I spent some time on youtube with chimney sweeps, lol, and learned the product that I need to apply to seal the crown.  I ordered it today from a company in Ohio via Amazon today.

$55 and a little work on my part is going to save me some serious money. 

My Bernie do list is growing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That "Bernie To Do List" will get longer each time you have a success at home projects. Great job!

Tomorrow, I kill weeds before putting down lawnscape fabric which I'll probably do on Thursday to make sure the weeds and grass are gone in the targeted area, Of course, this depends upon the weather. Wednesday is when I have the cystoscopy so I'll not be overdoing it each day.