Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 23rd)

Good Afternoon!  We are expecting a high of 92 degrees today, which I think is about or even lower than normal for this time of the year.  Still very dry with no rain predicted for the week or more.  My walk this morning was nice.  

No TSV for me since I have plenty of swimsuits.  I haven't been to the pool yet this year despite the hot weather.  Hopefully, I will do so soon.

Hope your infusion went well, Glenda.  It must be fun to see the fancy sports cars in the town square.  There are quite a few classic cars and sports cars in my mostly retirement neighborhood.  And, I always enjoy seeing them and their proud owners.  Interesting about your church.  We are still wearing masks, but no longer need to sign up to reserve a space.  This time of the year, we only have one service, and that isn't too crowded since many people go to cooler areas for the summer months.  

I was planning to visit "my" hospice patient today, but he is being moved to a facility so that isn't practical.  I may try to go later this week, but I have a lot of other things planned.  Much to my surprise, his caregiver said that he will be at the facility for 30 days, rather than the five that I expected.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post of you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 23rd)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and cool with some rain. It has been warm to cool during the day and then cold at night for the furnace. The weather is all over the place this week. I'm hanging on to the cool as long as I can. Hopefully, I finish the weeding in all the gardens. I finished the planting amd moving some planters around on Sunday with a bit of weeding. It was raining most of the day and night so that saved me watering.

I love seeing the older cars. They had style. We have a custom car club in our township and once a year they get together at the local park so you can go see them all. Classics.

No TSV for me but I think Kim does a good job with swimsuits. We don't have a pool but get plenty soaked when the dogs are playing with the hose. Good thing we have those fireman's nozzels with those GSD teeth. LOL

Hope everyone is recovering from their medical procedures. Get some rest. I have a few appointments to schedule but I hesitate to do that during the heat. I am behind on those tasks but eventally it will get done. 

We had a loss of power this morning and our generator kicked on automatically without any fuss. I was so relieved. It was such a relief. I think I can start to relax now that I've had it work. The power was only off for an hour or so but when the main line came on the generator automatically powered off. No jolting or loud thuds like the old way. Good test.

I think I'm taking it slow this week. I'm dragging but maybe it's from moving all the furniture around on that lowere level. I treated myself with an ice cream bar. YUM!!!

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, we had rain on Saturday and a bit of drizzle on Sunday morning so I continued to putter around the garage addition looking for things to discard.  I know how to have a good time - I spent at least 30 minutes sorting nails, scr*ws and bolts.  I rediscovered my collection of hasps still in their packages.

Mingjia 5-Inch Stainless Steel Hasp, 2-Pack

The collection is something my husband must have bought - they are polished brass finished and I wonder where he thought he was going to use them.  None have been opened and since ya never know (lol) I kept them. 

If nothing else, that category of garage items is now organized and looks better.  I got rid of two decrepit sanders.  One used round sandpaper and the other used rectangular sandpaper.  

In my world, everything has a place which can be dangerous.  Things have a way of accumulating that's not obvious.  

We had rain almost every other day for a 10 day period and I was happy that the grass was dry enough to mow yesterday - my backyards were looking raggedy.  Boy did I have the grass clippings - 4 big bags full.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---We were just looking for a latch like the ones you showed. We need to secure the door on the workbench that houses the power sander and the doors on the three outside sheds. Currently we are using pipe cleaners and a "toy" lock. It's one of those things that slips your mind every time you are in the hardware store.   

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, 92° is hopefully not on my radar for a few more weeks.  We had 4 days of 90's when we got back from vacation.  No tsv swimsuit for me. I have several for the hot tub and different ones for the beach.  Sorry you couldn't visit with your hospice patient.  It was fun to see the Lamborghini.  I think we saw one at my 2nd cousin's home back in 1992 when we took our dc & stayed on Fisherman's Wharf for a week.  I need to ask my ds when he calls me this weekend.  He oohed over this particular car & wanted to sit in it  but I was only able to get a pic of him in front of it. Lol.

Fressa, it was a beautiful 60's day yesterday and I am hanging on to it.  We are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow morning.  Yes, I enjoyed it when cars had their own distinctive style.  Good job on the weeding and getting things planted or repotted. It's a good thing that your generator worked like it's supposed to.

Bird Mama, I putter around in the garage as my dh keeps useless things that we never have a use for.  I think he inherited it from his Dad.  The lawnmower guy came yesterday and of course we were at my infusion center. The riding mower is sitting out in the rain waiting to get picked.

I need to get pork chops in the oven.  More later.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

My infusion went well yesterday.  When I got done, we had a drive thru eat in the Subaru lunch.  They don't have the dining room open.  We did a bit of shopping which included the gas station on the way to my infusion center.  My dh was shocked when he saw $48.50 at the pump.  It's usually about $30. 

I am recuperating today and not going to the gym.  This morning I got our road trip pics put into our album & several pics of the 3 dgc in their albums.  I still like to look at pics.  

Tomorrow I am going to alter the shorts that I bought a few days ago.

I am looking forward to seeing my niece and her family  from S. IL on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning before we all go to my nephews wedding which has been cancelled since 05/2020.  The wedding is at 4:00 in a beautifully decorated barn about an hour away with  the reception immediately following the ceremony.  I think there's going to be dancing so we are prepared.

It's trying to rain and the lawn mower guy just came for the riding mower.  He said it might be a week until he brings it back.  In a week our grass will be LONG.  My dh is pondering about mowing the lawn now.

The good news here is that C. had a good welcome when he started his internship job yesterday at the new Culver's headquarters.  He got swag gifts, a banner & a free lunch.  He is a good worker so I am sure he will do well.

A. was supposed to drive to the DOJ yesterday and today to get the supplies he needs to do his new online job.  The guy that hired him wasn't there & wanted him to start work today???  A. drove to his gf's home and she & her Mom went shopping with him to get work clothes.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I bet you did have a lot of grass clippings, Bernie.  The only reason I don't have a crowded/messy garage is that I don't have one.  That might be too harsh self criticism, but maybe not.

Glad your generator seems to be working, Fressa.  Funny that you need Bernie's latches.  It is difficult to remember those sorts of items.

Sorry you had to do the drive through lunch, Glenda.  I was a bit surprised to find out today that they want all the employees and volunteers to wear masks at the senior lunch program.  Apparently, a few people in other parts of the complex have COVID.  Luckily, I had a mask in my purse.  I had made banana bread from the frozen bananas I had, and everyone seemed to enjoy the treat.  The lunch was not well-attended, but not too bad.  

Glad things went well for C, Glenda.  Pretty strange about A's new employer.  Happy your infusion went well, and I am sure you will enjoy your company.  Oldest DGS and his wife are visiting Maryland this weekend, so DD and the rest of the family will have the opportunity to spend a little time with them before their move.  

After the senior lunch program and lunch at home, I went to the gym.  I think I overdid it a bit, but I'm proud of my progress.  Then I worked on the bereavement mailings, and took them to the Post Office.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.   Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

If I lived anywhere near you @Fressa  I would gladly gift you my hasp collection and leave them on your front porch Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Thanks for the thought. Now that we know what they are called the hubby is on the "hunt" at the local hardware store. The downstairs is like a sea of bits and pieces and bolts ane even a few light fixtures. He always comes home with "some" kind of  find.