Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 18th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot and sunny here in Arizona, with highs expected to be in the mid 90's.  Hope those of you having storms are doing okay.

I can't imagine how strange the funeral home was, Susan.  But, at least you were able to go for a little while.

Wish I had something interesting to report, but it is just another groundhog day for me. 

My senior lunch program work buddy called yesterday, and Debbie and her Mother are in need of prayers/good thoughts.  Her Mom (who is in her mid 80s and lives in southern California) fell at home, and was not discovered for 11 hours or so.  She is in the hospital now, and Debbie's husband drove out to help.  Debbie is staying at here with her cats since they no longer have a reliable cat sitter, and the cats are like their children.  There are many complications since her Mom refuses to go to assisted living or move closer to here.  

It was nice on my longish walk this morning, but it was starting to get prettywarm/ hot by the end.  I need to get up and out first thing rather than "play on the computer".  I do plan to do my "strong bones" exercises this morning.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good Monday and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 18th)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot here...again today. It's suppose to be sunny and a little bit more normal temps in the next few days. I sure hope they are right. Our A/C has been on the "fritz" all of last week. I finally was able to get ther service man here this morning. It sure doesn't sound very good. Our compressor is frozen with ice over it. He's returning tomorrow to work on the entire unit and then will do the yearly cleaning. He's already installed the new filter in the whole house hepa system so I don't have to worry about that unit. Crossing my fingers that he's able to repair it and it's a reasonable cost. We'll see. I did like the new person they sent me and he wore a mask. 

I dropped my earring drawer from my jewlery box on Saturday and all of my earrings went flying and sliding on and around the dresser. Honestly, grace and poise was not the line I was in. I was so upset. It took me forever to find most of them. Of course, I'm missing my favorite pair--huggies from years ago and a few earring backs. I count myselt very lucky that I found all the other pairs. I did get the stick Dyson and Don Astlett pole duster out and shoved it under and around the dresser and bed area. Nothing. I discovered some kinf of repair job under the dresser between the carpet and the floor but that's for another month.

I had time on Sunday to try my nylon net barrier on the lower side garden. I ran out of netting but think that this will at least narrow down what is getting in there at night and having a "snack". The deer were pushing the fence panels out of the way to get at the front gardens. I have to think of a "ffix" for that problem.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. As it warms up---and for me, that is good--perhaps earlier morning walks might be good. I do my best work, etc. in the morning but often the computer can get in the way.

Fressa--Losing some earrings, their backs, etc. can be a headache to find them. Go to Amazon and get one of those flashlights with magnetic extenders. Those are great to pick uip lttle pieces of metal hiding from your eyes.

I just don't have anything exciting to post. As Linda calls it, each day is a "Groundhog Day." I've just been getting things ready in the house for me to better use things after the surgery. Where I used to watch QVC in the morning, I now watch all 3 hours of the Today Show while doing odds and ends. If there is something I hear that is especially interesting, I might stop what I'm doing and focus on the show.

I did need some items which I knew I could get at the Family Dollar Store. I was the last person admitted there as I met their maximum social distancing requirement until someone left. I was the only person wearing a mask and most of the customers were of the age to put them in the high risk group.

Each time I read something regarding JCP, I think of Bernie. Based upon what I read, I really doubt that the JCP in the city will continue. Its business really dropped years ago under the CEO that discontinued some popular things. Add to that, Kohls opened and people began flocking there because of the better customer service. It wasn't only customers that flocked to Kohls, many of the JCP employees left for Kohls for a variety of reasons.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Kom Kat--Thanks for the tip on the light at Amazon. I was using my "free' light from Harbor Freight to see but I like the magnetic extra on the Amazon light.