Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 17)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and warming up to the 70's. Forecast for the week is zero rain and temps in the 70-80's. Not my preferred weather but hopefully I will be able to grow the tomatoes. The doe and fawn were already have a late night snack on the lillies. 

It's that time when all things need replacement at the same time. UGH!! This week iare our phones and the steam mop. I'm numb at this point so I guess that's a good thing.

I watched some Q this morning while I was starting larundry. I was tempted by a few items but they were not "dog paw reiendly"  so I was able to resist. I think more things are catching my eye because the of all the basics that need ro be replaced. 

I did receive the Clarks TSV sandals. I love the footbed and the straps are sueded inside the feet great against the foot. They are wide enough to hold my foot in place and hide those bunions, etc. The only thing that had me second guessing as to keeping them is that seem to be the exact size to the foot. No extra toe space. They sold out in the next size up and I'm not sure if the straps would bit the same spots on my foot. I will probably keep them because of the footbed and the strap placement. I'm not sure if this is just my foot or the way it's fitting everyone else.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 17)

Hello @Fressa  and all who follow.  It was gloomy yesterday and a little sunnier today.  I went to the pet cemetery, JoAnn Fabrics and Pet Supplies Plus.  That was almost people overload even though none of the places I visited were crowded.  I think it will take me a while to re-integrate with people.

Fressa, I'll take your forecast over what we are looking at - upper 80's near 90 by Thursday/Friday.  I guess after baking a few days (yuck!) a threat of storms for 3 days when the cold front moves in.

I hope @twinny70 is having a great time on her trip.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope the warmer weather helps your tomatoes grow.  That is a shame about the lilies.

Sorry that you have more replacement necessities.  Did you decide on I-phones?  I have never had an I-phone -- mostly Samsung androids.  I have used Verizon for many years, with a brief time with Consumer Cellular (long story).   My friends who have i-phones would never change to androids.  I have considered them, but the prices have been higher than I wanted to pay.  Lately, the android phones are right up there price-wise.   

Interesting about the Clark's sandals.  It is difficult to make a decision under the circumstances.  Hope they fit okay if you decide to keep them.

It is cooler here today with a high of 83 degrees predicted.  That doesn't sound all that cool, but last Thursday it was nearly 100 degrees, and highs in the 90's predicted later in the week. 

Sorry your weather forecast isn't good, Bernie.  I can understand about people overload.  I am a little afraid I will not be able to tolerate "normal" crowds/interactions for quite a while.  I echo your wishes for Glenda and her husband.

I had a nice early-morning walk and my first OLLI class of the semester -- geology.  Unfortunately, the class wasn't that great in my opinion -- lots of technical information and a teacher who didn't make it very interesting/exciting.  There are only three classes, so I guess I will see how the second one goes.  I may not attend the third if it isn't much better.

This afternoon, I have a different OLLI class on Hinduism, and I plan to do some cleaning and cooking today.  That will keep me busy.

DD and my SIL had their COVID vaccines today, and so far, so good.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---My hubby is a big Iphone user so are most of the people in his office. We go with that but I think they are way over priced. I keep looking at those "simple" style phones since I'm retired now. He handles any IT or phone issue so it's easier if we have the same phone and plan. Maybe once he's retired we can get simpler phones. Fingers crossed. I just want to be able to download my favorite apps and use the "scan and go" at the supermarket. He needs a better phone since he's in the IT business. The whole thing give me a migrane and sticker shock. LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--It sounds like you are having the weather we did two weeks ago. Those severe weather snaps always play havoc with the plants and wildlife. I don't think it's that healthy for the humans either. 

I agree that it is "odd" what we think a crowd is now in a store.  Eventually, everything will settle down and it will all become normal again. At least that's what I tell myself when I'm in the long line at the pharmacy. I was just talking about this with my friend today .. Everyone has to do what is going to make them feel  comfortable and you can't rush it.