Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MARCH 21)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool but sunny today. YIPPEE!  We are to have 3 days of rain and 2days of sun this week. My knees are telling me that the rain will be soon. Hopefully, I'll have enough sun shining today to charge the garden statue and pawprint lights next to the garage. So far Ihave moved both of those about 4 times trying to find a "spot". They both have that silicone buttone control that drives me crazy. I can never tell if I have it set on "on" or "off"  The button on the one is stuck so I'm crossing my fingers it's in the on position and not the off. LOL   

Today is laundry day but since it's sunny I had to go outside and start making the lists for the outdoor supplies. I always need marble chips.They are my answer to most landscape or garden issues. I received the PW planters and they are very nice and at a great price. Now I need to buy dirt for them and decide if they go in the front or the patio.

The hubby went to Home Depot on Saturday and bought the patio stones for the firewood rack area re-do. We have 2-12' racks of firewood. One that is hardwood for the fireplaces and one that is wood from our downed trees for the firepit.The ground has shifted a bit so the racks were a bit unsteady. He's going to level it off and pave the area with the stones. It should be easier to use and look a little nicer. 

We've been having some bouts of heavy wind for days. Today it's finally calm. I did bring the Irish wreath and decorations inside and replace them with some Spring items. I'll have to sort thru the Easter items and find the larger eggs. The birds always try to carry off or pick the small eggs from the wreath or the wagon on the porch. I've scaled back the seasonal/holiday decorating and am trying to declutter it at the same time. I'm seeing some progress but I've got more to go.

Hope everyone is feeling well and having nice weather. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MARCH 21)

Fressa, we have had several nice sunny days, but it's supposed to rain off and on for 3 days starting tomorrow.  It looks like you are getting a lot of things accomplished.  

I have been MIA for about a week.  Two weeks ago, my cousin and her cute little tea cup poodle were here for a long weekend.  It's so nice to have overnight guests again.

Last weekend, my niece and her dd were here for a long weekend.  The bridal shower was great & we caught up on a lot of things. Taven is feeling much better.  Thank goodness as it's been a long road to her recovery.

Our dgd was 17 last Monday which was our 52 wedding anniversary.  She is coming soon for a few days since she is on spring break this week.  She sent me an exciting email two days ago saying that she plans to graduate from HS a semester early and either go into the Navy or Air Force.  She is a junior in HS.  Yikes!

Then I got an email from our former sil saying that Christopher is very talented,  is such a good guy & he knew that he would get a great job.  He has accepted an internship with Culver's for the summer.  He had  several other internship offers, but this is the one that he wanted.  He was thrilled to hear that he would be able to taste new things and get a lot of free custard. I told him that it sounded like a good job for Grandpa!

Christopher sent me an email last night and said he is back home from FL safe and sound.  He was gone for a week with 3 of his roommates.  He said he plans to graduate a semester early.  I am glad that he was able to get away for a while as he has hard classes and school starts up soon.

Last Monday, we went to our favorite breakfast restaurant. It was so nice to be able to dine in again after we have only been able to get carry out for two years. On Wednesday, we went to a nice tourist town in IL  for a good lunch and a bit of shopping.  On Thursday, we rested up so we could get away for a couple more days.  We are trying to get ourselves ready for a two weeks  road trip next month. Then our bucket list will be completed.  Covid 19 has had us in a shutdown for two years.  

Linda L, that's exciting news about your dd and her family moving to a Souhern climate.  Our ds & ddil moved from MA to FL in August and love it.  

Declan's lab tests are fine now, but he has to get scans at 9 months and 12 months.  He is 6 months old now.

My friend Rhonda had a successful brain surgery and is back home.  She can't drive for two weeks, so I am going to pick her up on Wednesday for lunch out.

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts.

The new hot tub came on Thursday.  Now we are waiting for the electrician to call & say when they can hook it up.

We went to the library this morning on our mopeds. It is finally open again after being on a very long shutdown.  After lunch, we went on our mopeds to the gym.  My next project is my dh putting my clothesline outside.  

Spring is definitely just around the corner.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You certainly keep busy.  Glad that it is sunny there.  We have had some of those windy days lately, including today.  I have a really nice wind chime that I keep putting up and taking down if the wind is too strong.  It is cool (for us) today with a high of 64 degrees.

You had quite a bit of good news to report, Glenda.  So happy Taven is better, and your friend Rhonda is home.  Enjoy your lunch with her.  Hope Declan will continue to have good lab reports.  An internship with Culver's sounds good to me.  I never went to one before I moved here, and I like the custard and some other things on the menu.

That is something about your DGD.  My second DGS signed up for the Army Reserves before he graduated from high school.  It was a surprise, but it was really good for him to have the discipline and an opportunity to find what he wanted to do.  Also, they paid for much of his college education.  As I remember it, the Army actually came to the house to recruit him.

Nice that you and your DH can eat at a restaurant, travel again, the library is back open, and the hot tub has arrived.  Hope it is hooked up soon.

I had two OLLI classes this morning and after lunch I went out to purchase a few things at Walmart (went in the store).  I was able to find some items that were not available when I had a pick-up last week.  The store used to be pretty neat and tidy, but not so much these days.  Also, some items that I used to buy just don't seem to be available.  I had to remind myself that there are many people in the world who are lucky to find any food they can afford.  I am so spoiled.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa It's been nice here the past couple of days.  When I looked at the forecast for the week and saw rain starting tomorrow I couldn't take my eyes off of today's sunshine.  I'm starting to see some green spots in the grass and if we get rain for 5 days like they think we will I imagine that I will be cutting my grass in no time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Glenda @twinny70  you've been busy.  I think it's okay to call your SIL your SIL - you are forever related to him through the children.

Regarding little Declan:  I don't know even know where to start.  I know I saw the words and that I can comprehend the words.  I have prayed so fervently for that child and his parents all I can come up with is Hallelujah.

Has he been in the hospital all of this time and if so, can he come home now? I have to say a novena of thanksgiving to the Infant of Prague.  Thank you so much for sharing this news with us.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I know what you mean about being spoiled.  I was pondering what to eat for lunch (I have weird eating habits) and I looked in the cupboard at my canned goods and thought I don't know, I don't really want that.  It's hard when you don't have much of an appetite.  I checked myself and said Bernie you should be ashamed of yourself; there are so many who would be grateful to even have a cupboard to look into. I ate a can of corn, lol. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The maintenance guy dropped off my lawnmower today and I'm ready for the season.  Since it was in the mid 50's I decided to tackle the garage addition.  My husband ran boards across rafters in the garage and stored stuff in their like scrap wood and weird stuff like a spare wheel for the wheelbarrow I no longer have.  I took the pry bar, removed two sheets of the wood and emptied out the rafters on the east side of the garage addition.  

I think I saw some scrap wood stored on the west side but I can't reach it until I remove some more sheets of wood.  Suffice it to say, I was talking to my departed beloved the entire time Woman Wink