Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MARCH 15)

Hi Everyone!

(Jean) --I hope you are getting plenty of rest and starting to feel some relief. 

Our weather has been all over the place. It's cold at night and gusting winds, some sun and clouds during the day but cool. This week they are predicting on and off rain. I sure hope the "off" part is tomorrow on my "Veterns pick up" day.

We spent the weekend cleaning up the gardens from winter and dismanteling the old trellis. I thought I was ahead of schedule but as I was cutting back the flowering vines I spied green sprouts. I sure hope my camo thumb didn't kill off the flowers. I have not mastered the "art of pruning". I saw one purple crocus try to grow so that was exciting. So far, the deer haven't found it for breakfast. They are probably stil munching on the back hedges. LOL

I'm intrigued by the Artiste shoe line but I do prefer buckles instead of velco on sandals. I have the narrow heel but wider in the toe box (especially on the one foot). That explains why I'm always fussing with the velco on some of my pairs. I thought the velco would grad to the exact spot but it doesn't seem to work that way for me.

I did see parts of Cooking Day, Garden Day and Fashion Clearance. Thank heavens I ordered the patio rugs early in the morning because that spent the budget for outside improvements. I hope I picked the correct sizes to fill in the empty spaces. I usually move the older ones to front porch (away from the front door area) The bird feeder and neighbor's cat use that area. We really need to update the cement  porch but that's on list for 2022.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MARCH 15)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Our weather has been up and down as well, but not as much as yours.  It is warmer here today with a high of 70 degrees predicted with a chance of rain.  Tomorrow, we are expecting a high in the upper 50's.  By Thursday, they are predicting highs in the low 80's.

Speaking of sandals, I just got an e-mail saying the Clark's sandals I ordered are delayed, and the new expected delivery date is next Monday.  Oh well....  I sure hope they work out.  I once heard (not sure where) that it is pretty normal for women to have narrow heels and need wider toe boxes than men.  

Sounds like you have been doing a lot of yard work and work around the house.  Glad the deer haven't found the crocus yet.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I have found a few new vegan recipes to try, and I have added some ingredients to my Walmart pick-up order for tomorrow afternoon.  My American Revolution OLLI class was good this morning, and I plan to do some exercising and perhaps a walk if the weather cooperates.

I have not heard from Jean today, but yesterday evening she said she no longer had a fever and was able to eat dinner.  But, she was also very tired.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

Hi Fressa!!--so what outdoor rug or rugs did you order?--I was watching QVC over the weekend and saw Pat introduce these beautiful Tommy Bahama rugs--did u get one?--if so what color--they were beautiful--I have rugs from QVC so I didn't need any or else I would have ordered one of them-------------------------marynj

Esteemed Contributor

danedylan----I always buy Veranda rugs. They last and last and are indoor/outdoor. Most of them are reversable with a lighter side / darker side choice. I pressure wash them o the patio and they come clean from all the mud from the dogs. 

The pattern I purchased this time was the center medalian that looks like a flower /snowflake.   

Super Contributor

I too have QVC rugs--bought many of them in different designs etc.--loved the Tommy Bahama that they were showing--don't need this year but when I do I will buy @QVC--------marynj