Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 9)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful warm sunny day here. For some reason, I didn't sleep well last night so I don't have much energy. I attribute part of it to the cat who decided to curl up by me and part of it to leg pain.

I considered the TSV but decided to pass. I have three pair, one of which is in the car and most often used. 

I have a routine doctor's appointment in the late afternoon, so that likely will mean it will run late. I got it on this date as I knew I would be off from work, so I got the last available appointment when I made the appointment a month ago.

I hope each of you have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 9)

Hi Everyone!

Well today is cool but is going to warm up fast. Tomorrow more of the same. The remainder of the week is a mix. I see some more sprouts so that's always exciting. This type of weather always messes with my allergies and breathing as well as the dog's allergies. I guess the polar vortex missed us again. Oh well. 

Yesterday, I did entirely too much for a Sunday. We started into a small project that I had hoped to accomplish Saturday.It's 50% completed. Yesterday was so warm that it was perfect for doggie bath day. I had purchased some new products for our female who has allergy problems with her skin. I was anxious to get those on her before we got further into this weather. Of course, after they get a bath, I scour the bathroom. Wet towels, rugs, etc. spill over into the laundry. Honestly, it looks like a cyclone hit the lower level LOL  I did remember to put the old sheets over the sofa backs to avoid "wet dog" on the fabric. Thanks heavens for that help. I had planned on making stuffed peppers for dinner and already that that in motion. By the time I had my shower it was time tor dinner. We sure can pack in the fun on a weekend around here. LOL

Today I'm doing laundry and switching bedspreads. Tomorrow I'll do errands and wash the bedspread and maybe throws.

I did cave an order the set of solar lights yesterday. Last year I waited and the price went up. I want to move all the solar lights that surround the front gardens to the back where the extended fence will eventually be. I should have fewer lights around the front and I think it will look a bit nicer with them all matching and britghter. I do have some plants on order. I'm at the point where I'm only replacing and scaling back the gardens. This year is my final pass to downscale or eliminate the one on each side of the house.

Hope eveyone has a good afternoon/evening.. 

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I hope that you are able to sleep better tonight.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

You certainly packed a lot in one day @Fressa 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On Saturday I received the first JCP order of shorts, t-shirt and the pullover blouse.  All are winners and have been laundered.  I paid a visit to niece in the woods house Saturday evening to celebrate her oldests (9) birthday.  I made the mistake of staying up way too late once I returned home from the birthday celebration and I still got up with the sun.  I actually was over tired and fought the bed for 5 hours.

Now last night was a different story.  I went to bed around 9:45 pm and woke up at 9:15 am.  It was a deep, anesthesia kind of sleep Woman Happy  Yesterday I was so tired I barely felt human and today I'm raring to go.

I went to Meijers since they were having a sale on bacon and I needed some bread, clorox 2 and shout (with the scrubber end).  The laundry soap aisle has household cleaners too.

There were a couple of cans of lysol spray.  All clorox and no brand disinfectant wipes were sold out as well as any kind of sanitizing soaps.

I was grateful there was no quarreling as I was there for the clorox 2 and shout Woman Very Happy  My sister hit a walmart on Saturday and apparently it was on and people were storming the new stock of toilet paper and clorox wipes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, but glad you are having nice weather.  Hope your doctor's appointment goes well.  No TSV for me since I only wear the "fitover" type of sunglasses.  I really had not looked at yesterday's TSV closely, but I agree with you about the fringe.  Not that I was all that tempted to order, but....

Hi Fressa -- you were very busy yesterday.  It is sunny here today, and should make it up to the 70's today.  But, rain and cooler temperatures are predicted for the rest of the week.  

Glad you were happy with your JCP order, and got such good sleep last night, Bernie.  I was very tired last night, and slept pretty well for about six hours.  Yesterday, I went to a dollar store (to buy a birthday card) and they had zero wipes, hand sanitizer, and very little toilet paper.  Since I was close to Wal Mart, I stopped in for some coffee and a couple of other things.  The shelves in the cleaning section were almost totally bare, and there was no toilet paper at all.   Today, I stopped in a grocery store (to kill time), and they had no toilet paper or wipes, etc. in the cleaning section.  Thank goodness I have enough to last for a while, but I really feel for caregivers who need to do a lot of sanitizing, etc.  If worse comes to worse, I will use paper towels instead of toilet paper.

I'm back from "strong bones" class and visiting with my home insurance agent.  My volunteer buddy at the senior lunch program tried out "strong bones" for the first time, and I was the leader.  I think she enjoyed it enough to return.  Her doctor told her exercise might help with her anxiety (in addition to medication).

I had never met the home insurance agent -- DH and I had met with her predecessor several times, but I have just been paying the bills since then.  Anyway, she made me a very attractive offer if I would take their car insurance in addition to home insurance (substantially less for both).  I have been with GEICO auto insurance for nearly 50 years, so this would be a major change.  I compared her quote with my policy, and it is much better with little difference in benefits.  So, I may well change companies (she is with State Farm).

Long story, but I tried to give a check to my vein doctor, but he was not there.  I guess I will mail it instead.

This afternoon I have a bookclub meeting.  We are discussing "Where the Crawdads Sing".

DGD is getting a "dongle" for her hearing aid/cell phone connection.  I think that mine is helpful.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   Sometimes bundling the insurance under one company really does work for you.  I had been an Allstate girl for 24 years.  The house and husband's car was under State Farm (his insurer of choice).  I rolled everything under State Farm eventually and I haven't had a problem with the company.