Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 30th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I hope everyone's day is as dull as mine -- no unexpected emergency room or emergency vet visits, etc.  Maryland has issued a "lock down" starting this evening, so even more businesses and stores will be closed.  DD was expecting her clothes washer to be repaired tomorrow (changed from today), and had gone out to a laundromat to do some laundry when she got a call saying that they were back to today since they would not be allowed to operate after this evening.  Given that they are a repair firm (no sales), I hope no one has a major appliance failure in Maryland.  Yikes!  So far, my second DGS is still going into work, but everyone else is working from home.

They just announced that schools in Arizona will be closed for the rest of the year -- not surprising, but I'm sure not good news for parents and students.  

I am happy that I'm feeling okay, and that I don't have any urgent needs at this point.  The tour agency for my England/Scotland tour just sent an e-mail saying that I have paid in full.  While I doubt that any tours will be held at the end of May (when my tour is scheduled), God willing I will be able to take the tour next year. 

While I am not going crazy with cleaning/organizing, I am doing more than usual since I have extra time.  Our weather is nice -- sunny and highs in the low 70's today, and it should make it up into the 80's tomorrow.  I did my strong bones workout this morning, and found my balance is off.  Guess I need to work on balance a bit more.

Hope all of you are doing okay.  Please post if you have a chance, and take care.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 30th)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad your day is dull - That is good at this time - Trust me.  I don't think you will going on your trip this year, but I am sure you will be able to go next year.  Glad your DD is getting her washing machine fixed today.    I have not gotten much cleaning or organizing done so far.  Maybe a little at the end of the week.

DH is still in the hospital, can't remember if I has said he has a bulging disc.  They have done some physical therapy (very painful) and it take a little time for him to recover after each one.  The internist came in this morning and said he was getting a nerve block (as DH called it a Full Fledge Steriod Shot) and he would be walking out of there tomorrow.  Then the physical therapy person came in and said, No, you are not going home tomorrow - So not sure what is going on.  DH was very upset when he heard that - Think there needs to be a meeting of the minds there.  Keep DH in your thoughts, we need all the help we can get.

Well, I need to make a couple calls.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update on your husband, Susan.  It must have been horrible for the two professionals disagreeing on his treatment.  Hope things are resolved soon.  I continue to pray for him and for you.

Not to be an enabler and I can certainly understand no one wanting to do unnecessary shopping, but I saw a lunchtime special that might be of interest to some -- H220138.  I have this candle set in cream and green, so I am not ordering the red.  But, they are great and the price is right -- even with S&H.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

it's overcast, cool with a few rain drops. It looks like the weather is going to be all over the scale this week and the pollen counts are already high. UGH!!!! The dogs had me up at 6AM today because it's garbage day. Barks at the garbage trucks. If I make it to 7PM without having pajamas on I will be surprised. LOL!!

I did get an early start on the laundry so that was a good thing. It doesn't seem to be as hot & humid in the family room so that's a bonus. I was planning on taking a week to wash throw rugs but the weather doesn't look very cooperative for laying out to dry. I'll have to see how it goes. I have more cleaning to do but then i always do. Love the space....not so much all the maintainence. ha ha!!!

The Harry London candy arrived on Sunday! I was surprised. I'm wondering if they deliveered it to the worng house and the neighbor just left it on our front porch. I ordered this selection last year and we really enjoyed it. So much better than buying a bag of candy in the grocery store. Neither of us have too much self control when it comes to cookies or candy. I found that if we have the candy dish that seems to satisfy us and is a bit more calorie friendly.

We ordered lunch from a little Italian place that makes subs and salads. So fresh and so tasty. Like many others, we've been trying to do our part with keeping these smaller places in business. Usually I cook twice a day but I appreciate the break in that routine.

I just received a letter from our health insurance that my eye drops will now be available (generic) over the counter. Up to now I still needed a prescription for the generic formula. This is the only want that works for me because it has one drug and that drug is not in any of the others. I'm hoping it will be a bit more budget friendly. Even with our insurance and co-pay it was pricey. The good thing was that I had relief and the bottle lasts a long time. It's been years that I've been dealing with the eye drop prescription "thing". Talk about slow as a turtle. ha ha!!

Stay safe and comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.       

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I will most certainly pray for your beloved Susan @PAlady   I hope they find the solution sooner rather than later so he can come home.

After putting it off for 4 days, I ventured out to Meijers this morning to do a little grocery shopping.  I didn't take a purse - just a change purse (back pocket of jeans) and a small wallet (coat pocket).  Of course, when I got to the store I discovered that I didn't have the list Woman Frustrated  

All things considered I remembered the important things Woman Wink

I just ordered this denim & co jacket in the medium wash

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Classic-Denim-Jacket-with-Embroidery.product.A353978.html?productNu...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--This is not a good time for appliances to break down so I hope DD gets hers repaired today. I think one of the problems with these "essential" services is what is considered "essential" in one state may not in another. I doubt that you will be able to go on your trip this year, but do hope you will be able to do it next  year.

Susan--Thank you for the update on your DH. It is frustrating to a patient when it seems different treatment plans or release dates are mentioned.  I do hope the pain block works.

Fressa--Getting up early with the dogs as alarm clocks did help you get an early start on the laundry. I do wish you hadn't mentioned the Harry London candy as I know am wanting some. I have Cheryl's cookies on auto delivery and will be getting them around mid-Apri.

I went to the city for the MRI this morning. I was tempted to go into WalMart for groceries, but decided to come  home and shop the local supermarket. I did get my Denim & Co. jacket but have not opened the package.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, sometimes a dull day is a good thing.  Our state is still in a lock down until the end of April.  All of the schools are shut down for the rest of the semester.  Our college dgs and our two HS dgc are all at home and doing homework online.  It's a good thing that your dd was able to get her washer fixed today & your 2nd dgs is still working.  

Susan, I am so sorry to hear that your DH is still in the hospital and getting conflicting reports from the Dr's.  My DH is not a good patient and would not be happy either.  Prayers for both of you.

fressa, It's a beautiful sunny 50's day here and I hung out a huge load of laundry first thing this morning.  It's already dry and put away.  Our complete spring cleaning job is done.  It's not a bad job with both of us helping each other out.  We have been supporting the different drive thru restaurants too.  It gives me a nice break from cooking.  I used to have expensive eye drops year's ago.  Then when a generic one came out, they were a lot cheaper.

Jean, It's a good thing that I called the infusion center this morning.  My DH cannot go in with me.  He will have to stay in the Subaru until I am done about 3 hours later.  It's too bad that there's nothing open in the area.  And here we were so glad that we didn't have to worry about a snowstorm.  This is probably worse.  

My DH and I went down to city hall this morning to vote early and they are closed until further notice.  I called them and they said that they have 4 parking spaces right in front of the building from noon-4:00.  Thus, we went back after lunch and got the job done with. They don't want you to get out of the car.

Then we went to the pharmacy to get my test strips and they said that I was two weeks early.  Medicare must have changed the dates when I can get them again.

After batting 0 for 2, we went to Dollar Tree as soon as they were open to get Easter cards for the dgc.  Since we are on lockdown until the end of April, I decided to send them $$ just in case we can't do an Easter egg hunt.

I had a busy morning.  I hemmed a pair of dress slacks and ironed 15 cloth napkins.  It reminded me of when my Mom would iron my Dad's handkerchiefs.  It's kind of fun to pretend that we are in a fancy restaurant.

Dinner is a rump roast, mashed potatoes and frozen peas.  Tomorrow for dinner, it will be a homemade pizza.  Wednesday for dinner, I plan to cook a Hillshire smoked sausage and fried potatoes.  The other days will be leftovers.  My DH reminded me that then the weekend will be here.  Then we will be doing some drive thru restaurants.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama  I love the D. & Co. jean jacket.  I have a similar one that I bought a long time ago from the outlet store associated to the company that I worked for.   It's  got embroidery on it too.  I  still get compliments on it.  I have forgotten my grocery list more than once & I have had to rack my brain to remember what's on it.  Usually if I forget one thing, It's the most important thing on my list.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I'm glad you called and got the information straight "from the horse's mouth" to help you in planning. I guess your DH will need to take a pillow and curl up to nap while you are undergoing the infusion.

Bernie--I have a Bob Mackie that is black with a embroidered floral treatment on it that reminds me very much of your jacket. i hopd you enjoy it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  We ran into another problem with DH's shot -He is on plavix and the people giving the shot did not know that.  He has been off it since Saturday, but, that is not long enough.  Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what is going on.  The hard part of this, is I can not go to the hospital - They are on lockdown.  Wish us luck.

Bernie - Love the jacket - may have to get one myself.  Sorry about the list, I am famous for going into a store and realizing I forgot the list.

Fressa - Enjoy the candy, it was tempting that day.  

Jean - Was it you that your Fitbit screen quit working.  Mine bit the dust a day ago, I haven't had it that long (year or so).   Hope your MRI went well.

Twinny - Sorry your DH can not come in with you.  Do you live near the infusion place so that he can go home for a while?  Dinner sounds good, I'll be there.

Well off to make my list of things to do tomorrow.  Have a good evening everyone.