Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 25)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny here, and should make it to the low 80's today. Unseasonably high temperatures for the next couple of days, but my kind of weather.

I am back from "strong bones" and have a grief group meeting this afternoon.  

Hope Jean and her niece are doing well on their long flight and have a wonderful vacation.  

Really nothing exciting to report from me.  I finished the Babbel Italian lessons yesterday.  I'm not sure if there are other lessons on the site, but I did ask in an e-mail.  I will not be attempting another language, and I think I am paid up until late summer or the fall.  If there are no new lessons, I guess I will just re-do the lessons I have taken.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is having a nice Monday, and please post if you are able.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 25)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  We have sunshine and clear skies so even though it's chilly in my neck of the woods, it looks good Woman Happy

Babel seems to be replacing Rosetta Stone when it comes to learning a foreign language.  Do you think Babel teaches a foreign language in a way that comes easy to the student?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 25)

Yes, Bernie.  I never tried Rosetta Stone, but I tried other language programs on-line and using CD's, etc.  But, I prefer Babbel.  If I had access to in-person lessons at a reasonable price (like I did years ago), that would be my first choice.  But, Babbel is a pretty good second best.  

I heard from them that I have finished all the lessons they have in Italian so far, so I guess I will just go back and review until my membership ends.  Meanwhile, I purchased a book and CD that I will work on as well.  My goal is to remember at least some Italian when I go on my trip there next Fall.  Wish me luck.  Languages are not my strong suit to say the least.  On the other hand, DH was fluent in four languages.