Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 23)

Greetings, shopping friends. I was up at 4am thanks to my feline alarm clock that didn't want me to go back to sleep. One advantage of getting up early is that I already achieved over half of my step goal for the day.

I haven't looked at anything at the Q today except as I channel surfed, I did see and LG top beig presented and them saying she had been selling on the Q for ten years. I can only say that if it is ten years, then I have not purchased anything from her line in ten years. It just isn't my style.

I'm waiting for the governor to make another talk. It was originally scheduled for 11am but now has been changed to 1pm. My hunch is that he is waiting for some updated info from his D.C. buddy.

I hope you have a good day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 23)

Hi Everyone!

I actually overslept his morning which is unusal for me. The dog alarm clock was downstairs since my husband moved his work set up to the family room. (The dogs go where the snacks travel LOL)

Today is rain all day thru the evening....again. Tomorrow it's suppose to clear. I was hoping to do a little banking (drive thru) today but am considering pushing it back until Tuesday.

I see we had some more cases in our state. More stores have closed with the guidelines. I have confidence that the powers to be have a plan for this virus. There are enough things to occupy my time and hopefully we will all be well while we wait for temporary fix or cure. 

It was nice to catch up with a couple of friends via email and texting last week. Somehow with business slowing down, etc. we grant ourselves extra time to do some personal things that we seem to push down on our "to do" lists. Good to hear that everyone was okay and their families were safe.

Laundry today and probably thru the week. I have a pile of throw rugs that you could built a fort...if needed. LOL  

I haven't seen much of the Q but did catch part of the garden shows late at night. I'm always a sucker for the home & garden shows. I didn't order anything. I am trying to stick to my budget and remind myself what I spend in batteries for the flameless candles. I was never an early fan of the "fairy lights" but since I purchased a set of luminaires from the Scott Bros.( Kohl's on sale) I see what the "fuss" is about. It really blends well with the candles. I did pre-order 1 set of the BL fairy lights because I liked the battery box. That seems to be where problems arise. I don't like just having a remote to operate something. That's just me. I like having the button on the bottom of the candle/device that I can slide. Those silicone buttons never work. (I have a few lanterns that have them and it's a guessing game if it's set or not...drives me crazy. ha ha!)

Stay safe and comfy. Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't get much sleep -- I did a little better last night, but not great. 

I have been walking and using my new little elliptical a lot, and I think last week was the most number of steps per week that I have ever had.  I guess that is a plus, but I have also developed headaches, other aches and pains that I didn't have before or for a while.  I'm sure some are just normal, but others are probably stress related.  

The sun has come out, and it should make it up into the 70's today.  At least the weather is cooperating.  My church had a video of the service up an hour or two after the service, and it was excellent.  The minister was in church, but then they featured others -- like the assistant minister and soloist from their homes. 

This morning, I plan to do my "strong bones" class, and then take a walk after lunch.  They are supposed to be supplying more "take out" lunches today, and if so I will be taking a drive in addition to my walk around the neighborhood.     

DD just called, and she said they are getting more supplies in their grocery stores.  No toilet paper, but she was able to get some laundry soap, toothpaste, etc.  Hopefully, the stores will continue to get more and more needed items.

Their puppy was in puppy school, and he "graduated" yesterday.  They took each puppy alone.  DD had paid for the intermediate class, but that has been postponed until May.

I'm not planning to do any "wanty" shopping today (actually for a while) since staying at home so much makings a lot of frills unnecessary.  I am not one who lounges around in PJ's, but I certainly don't need to change clothes much from my usual basics -- pants and a top plus a sweatshirt or sweater if it is chilly.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- enjoy your candles, etc., Fressa.  I have so many battery operated candles, etc., that I try to save on batteries by only turning some on at a time.  I don't know if you belong to COSTCO, but their prices for batteries is quite good.  I have never been to a battery store, but I imagine they have good prices as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda: I don't belong to a Costco but the Batteries Plus store has great prices and the batteries last. They also have all types of light bulbs and other items. I ususally try to buy those things at the local hardware store. I like to keept those guys in business becasue they are so helpful when we are doing a project with what supplies, etc. that we need.

I did start to alernate my candles a few months ago to save a few dollars when the dog food prices went up. My current line of thinking is as long as your expenses can remain flat they you're doing okay. I'm a big coupon and weekly specials grocery shopper a well. It's time concuming but it seems like there's always a "surprise" every year that cost$$. This year I know we have the stove and maybe water heater and maybe car. We have fencing and flooring for the headache projects. Too much to think about.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, sorry that you were up so early.  One day last week I went to bed 10:00 & was still awake at 2:00.  I thought that I was tired, too much on my mind I guess.  I haven't bought anything from the LG clothing line either.  I have been listening to several gov's making urgent requests.  So sad.

fressa, we got a dusting of snow last night.  It was so pretty this morning, but now it's gone.  We are supposed to be getting rain for the next few days.  Yuck. The ground is already soggy.  Our County now has It's first case of the virus and it is a young person.  I only have 2 battery operated things.  One candle and a picture of cardinals that I keep out all year long. The candle is silver and looks very real.  It's out all year long too and is on a handmade (one piece of wood) candle stick holder that's twisted.  It was made by my English grandpa whom was a master cabinet maker back in the late 40's-early 50's.

Linda L, I am glad that you are enjoying your elliptical machine.  Since our gym is closed, my DH has been doing his walk outdoors.  I hope that our stores start getting in paper products sooner than later.  Congrats to your dd's puppy for graduating from puppy school.  I have no wanty shopping right now since there's no place to shop except for grocery stores, pharmacies & thank goodness drive thru restaurants.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I was a bit disappointed when I received a 'delay in shipping' email from Amazon re: bird multivitamin and the Quiko egg food treat that I ordered last week.

I was lucky that the order for the pigeon grit went straight to Des Moines feed - I've already received it.

What else is going on as it relates to shopping?  I'm interested in seeing what the upcoming Dooney and Bourke TSV will be.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We are on day 10 of our partial self quarantine.  So far so good.  On Friday, we finished our spring cleaning job on the main floor.

We rested up on Saturday and yesterday.  This morning we did the guest bedroom.  it took longer than we thought it would.  More things to vacuum under & around.  I just finished washing a lot of Crystal glasses that are on a shelf for a display.  I enjoy any kind of drinking glasses.  

We did the hallway this afternoon. Easey peasy.  Thank goodness.

Tomorrow we will be doing my dh's bathroom.  Then we hope to do the family room on Wednesday.  It's not bad at all with both of us helping each other out.

our eldest dgs is starting to do his college classes thru the internet at home since his college won't be in session for the rest of the semester.  

Our other dgs is enjoying riding the motorcycle and getting reacquainted with it.  Both boys are in self quarantine.

Thank goodness they are taking this pandemic seriously and not going out with friends. 

The only thing that I really miss is eating inside a restaurant.  Thank goodness we have several drive thru ones.  So far we have been to Culver's and McDonald's.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I am glad that you got part of your Bird food.  Hopefully you will get your other order soon.

No shopping here as most places are closed & we are trying to only go out on Thursday morning for our grocery shopping.

It's hot tub time.  One of our few precious things to do around here.  

One day at a time.

Respected Contributor

Greetings shopping friends. Many (((hugs))) to all as we deal with these difficult times.

i am grateful to be in a fairly warm, sunny place. Our gated community is shut down..clubhouse closed, pool also. But people have come up with creative ways to see each other. We have golf art wine parties and morning get together rs. I am able to visit my friends that way.

i am vets much confined to our home. My rheumatologist recommended that I really limit going out in public.so I have been reading, writing a memoir.i cannot knit until I get the cast off.i keep a clean and clutter free home here so there is not a lot to do. It is a good time for self reflection and contemplation.

our Mn home is up for sale, but our realtor thinks the virus is slowing things down.we are in no hurry to sell and it will happen sooner or later.

Stay safe, stay inside and wash your hands a lot. I am shopping creatively..some of the more expensive groceries like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have more of a variety.i order online and pickup..send Dh to do that.

peace 💜💜

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Congrats upon getting in more steps with your regular walking and the use of the machine. My hunch the headaches may be more from stress or fatigue than from the machine...but time will tell.

Bernie--Sorry  you didn't get your complete Amazon order. I received my cat food and litter today, a day earlier than what Amazon said. Tomorrow, according to UPS tracking, I am supposed to get that shipment  of paper towels similar to what you ordered also a day earlier than what Amazon stated. If you heard our governor today, he was much more articulate and to the point.

Twinny--Wjhat really gets me about sleep are the times that you feel physically exhausted but the mind won't shut down. We are on one of those "stay home" unless needing to use an essential service. I got a chuckle out of your hot tub being one of the few things to do. I walked in the back of the yard today. I discarded some things, and will see what I can get into tomorrow. Wednesday, I'll likely go and get the mail as that will be midpoint of the week. The "stay at home" order is for an indefinite basis.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.