Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is either a cold coming on or an allergy but I'm doing my best not to blow the house down. 

I'm not buying the TSV; I have a supply of "miracle workers" on hand. As part of my finding ten things to go today, I think I will tackle old or rarely used products and "thin that herd." 

This is a link to easy steps to getting started on decluttering:

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/jumpstart-decluttering/

I work tomorrow and Thursday, which is all I want to do this week as I don't want to be overly tired for the trip.

Remember, if we have too much then we often resulted to impulse purchasing without asking ourselves if it was really a need, or if a want, did it replace something? Are you one that wears 20% of the clothing 80% of the time? Look at that  80% not worn often and see what can go. Yes, you spent money on it but that is past tense. The items in the closet do not generate money just hanging there.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAR 18)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I hope for your sake that some allergy has flared up and will be on it's way before you embark on your trip.

The only 'beauty' items I've ever purchased from the Q were one lip color by Doris Dalton and once in a blue moon I restock my Philosophy Unconditional Love cologne.   

I decided to pitch this mask by Loreal this morning.  I've used it twice.  Having it on my face scared Presto and frankly it made my skin feel really tight and uncomfortable when I rinsed it off.  It smells really medicinal too.

L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask Clarify & Smooth

Several years ago I discovered cotton tanks made in the USA by a company called Alpha Mills.  I believe they are in PA.  You can't order them direct anymore however they do sell on Amazon and I love these things.  

Yesterday I went over to Amazon and ordered 2 sets of 3 of my tanks 

Image result for alpha mills tanks

and a two pack bundle of Cholestoff Plus.  I take one Cholestoff Plus with dinner so the 400 soft gel caps will last me over a year.  

I've sold jewelry pieces and have more items listed on the marketplace.  When I ordered the convert a bench, there was no strategy involved.

When I ordered the Dooney and Bourke TSV a week later, it took me most of the day to make my mind up because there was a strategy. 

The strategy was to recoup the cost of the D&B bag by selling items on the marketplace.  During the winter I'd been compiling a list of items that I felt would sell for a tolerable price on the marketplace.  I calculated some price reductions in case the market for some of these things were cool and discovered I could recoup the price of the bag and the convert a bench Woman Very Happy

Getting involved in the marketplace has been one of the best things I could do for myself.  I tend to price items to move and maybe I go a little lower than most people right out the gate, however this has really taught me to stop and think about a purchase before I make it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am at lax waiting to fly back to Phoenix after spending a week with Sydnie.  This is one airport I really dislike. Survived another week of driving the horrible freeways out here..lol

i have been readind daily...I know your trip is coming soon, Jean

i was going to contribute to the water discussion..I drink a minimum of 32 oz a day...and absolutely feel dehydrated if I do not have water at my side. I think constant sipping is the way to start..

a gradual hydration so to say. The idea of drinking 8 glasses turns me so it is much easier to meet this medical need of mine.

((((Hugs))) to all

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I love your thinking about buying/selling strategies. I hope you continue to do well on the Facebook marketplace. I remember back when eBay wasn't populated by professional sellers, I sold enough to take care of a flight to Hawaii. That was when people got into bidding frenzies and drove the selling prices up. Then people started waiting to the last minute to place a bid, followed by the professional sellers with their "buy now," some of which were really great deals. The odd thing is that during the bidding frenzy stage, there were some items that sold for more than they cost if the people had checked various sites.

Barbara--LAX is interesting but I like it far more than Dulles. I know many don't like O'Hare but I have no problems with O'Hare. I remember the fun of driving the freeeways there.  You are so correct that sipping water is the way to go if water is a struggle. Have a safe trip!

I have some items picked out for donation, and some things put in the trash. It is easy to keep on top of things when not working and not tired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Isn't it funny Barbara @sydsgma1 that it takes time to get used to drinking water and then once you do it feels like you're dry as a cork if you don't have a glass of water nearby.  Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, sunny but cool day here in tne 40's...spring is around the corner....I hope.

I also drink a lot of water...I always did but now more so since having kidney stones  problem.  I have one of those metal containers from Amazon..think they are 30 ozs....I keep it filled and drink about 2 of them a day also bringing it up to my night table at night.....I do get up a few times during the night but manage to fall back asleep.     

Twinny how is your DH husband doing....getting his water in....I hope?  I also bought one of those containers for my DH as he really only drank tea...the Dr said that is ok but wanted him to drink plain water too....I really don't know how much he gets down during the day but it's better than nothing.

Sound like you are  a success at selling things on line Bernie.    Your trip is coming up fast Jean...I remember your telling us about it when first booked and I thought..wow that's a long way off....but here it is.

Nothing else new....have a nice day......Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good work on your decluttering.  Hope your cold/allergy symptoms go away soon, and you are in great shape before your trip.

Hi Bernie -- you have certainly done very well with your strategy to make back money spent through selling things on FB.  The lady in the decluttering book I am reading decided that it was best for her just to donate rather than sell.  But, she had gotten herself in quite a mess with having to store items for sale which created even more clutter.  I have always donated, rather than sold, items.  I know that it wasn't always the smartest move financially, but it is expedient.  

Save travels home, Barbara.  I have only been in LAX a few times, and I don't remember it being particularly difficult.  But, I am sure you have flown much more than I have so have a better perspective.  I usually dislike airports that are so small there is nothing to do/look at if you are stuck there for hours.  Also, international airports -- like in Istanbul can be very intimidating to me.

It is sunny here, and should make it up in the 70's, which is great.  I am back from "strong bones" class, and plan to go for a walk later.  Also plan to stop at Wal Mart to pick up a few groceries, etc. that I forgot to get last week.  Fortunately for me, the Wal Mart is close.

I have a pretty good sized bag of clothes to donate, and I may do that this afternoon.  Some of these items took a lot of thought for me.  So, it is probably best to get them out of the door before I change my mind.  

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--You are doing a great job with the drinking of water. Yes, it is great that Spring is almost here!

Linda--Good job on gettting the bag of clothes ready to go. I dislike airports that don't have a good sit down restaurant or two in each concourse. Too many bars or sandwich places often require you to walk to another concourse to find a restaurant with an acceptable menu and comfortable chairs.

When I talked to my niece on Saturday, she was very hoarse. She just texted me that she had to end up going to the clinic. They told her that it had developed into bronchitis and was proceeding to pneumonia status. They took her off work at the hospital and at the follow-up appointment on Friday, they will tell her if she is able to make the trip to Australia. She has looked forward to this trip so much that if not permitted to go, she will be devastated. I know  her well enouigh that she will do everything she can to get the green light for the trip.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I missed your post, Marijane.  Good job on the water.

Fingers crossed for your niece, Jean.  I am sure she will do all she can to get better so that she can go on the trip.