Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 9)

Jean, I really did like the coral TSV. I don't need any shoes, but if I see them cheap at the Q Outlet Store in Sept. I will try them on to see how I like them. I saw that bliss while supply lasts & it didn't look much different from the other one you ordered, so I am sure you will like it as well. I hate dealing with cable guys. Last week on Friday I put TV on when I got up. I had picture but no sound. DH did call them and after 1/2 hour on the phone we had both pix & sound. He said the satellite must have moved.

LL, I am glad you are feeling better & I do hope the vertigo exercises will help you. I also hope the chest pain issues are solved quickly. It is no fun when both of you are laid up, so I hope your DH is feeling better soon too. I know you enjoy your book club, so I would go & not worry about note taking.

DrKelli, I am on a no spend list too as I have some pretty expensive bills pending. I have had three infusions this year & have not received any of the bills, but they are quite costly for us. The main thing is that help me lead a somewhat normal life, which we are glad for.

Marijane, sorry your weather is rainy & cool yet. We have had 70's for a week & a little rain here & there. This whole week looks like 70's again & a little rain scattered about. We do need rain for the plants so that is always welcome in small doses.

LindaR, No TSV for me either right now., I plan to not buy any clothes until we stop at the QVC Outlet Store in Sept, from our return trip to the NE. Last year I got lots of nice things for very little $$$.

Today is my rest up day from the weekend. I had lunch with some friends that I used to work with. The energy guy made a free inspection while I was gone & replaced lots of our regular light bulbs with the new kind. He even replaced the spigot on my kitchen sink. All done for free as they hope we will all save energy with these new lights etc. The fish fry last evening with church friends was a lot of fun. It looked like rain, but it held off until last last night. I do have good news to report on that 12 year old girl that was stabbed 19 times by her two best friends. She left the hospital Friday night & will need lots of therapy of different sorts. Good thing school is out for the summer. Her two friends are being tried as adults on attempted homicide. They missed killing her by 1 millimeter. That is how close one of the stab wounds came to her heart. Then they left her to die in the woods, but she crawled out to a road & a passerby help her by calling 911. I can't think of a much worse situation to be in at any age let alone at 12 years old. The family are so thankful for all of the prayers & support they have received all across the country & from abroad too. She surely did have her guardian angels out watching over her.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I got the coral TSV shoes today. They are very nice. They don't have that patent look that the black has. Thank you for the update on the girl. It doesn't seem that some individuals, whether teens or adults, seem to have any moral sense. I'm glad that the girl is going to make it, and that the individuals involved are being tried as adults. We have had a case in our state where two teens set out to befriend a girl with the intent of eventually killing her. After the girl went missing, they pretended to be so shocked and sympathetic but something tripped them up...an overhead conversation.

Arlene--I'm glad you are able to communicate as difficult as it might be with the injured finger. I didn't need any price adjustment as I ordered them in advance at the TSV price since I get the Insider information.

I did something wild a few days ago. I'm trying to lose weight which is a slow process. I've been borderline on a L versus and XL. I'm not one that likes tight pants. Since I'll be going to Hawaii in September, there is a possibility that I might benefit from a smaller size at that time. I ordered two pair of Denim & Co. crop pants that were "as is" at a tremendous savings. I received them today. They are in perfect condition and they do fit now. They were packaged well but had an enclosure stating they were "as is." I'm satisfied so I might check "as is" out more often.

I have a doctor's appointment in the city tomorrow so I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am happy to give you the update on that young girl. They just said on our radio station that these girls have been plotting this heinous act since last October! They told the police that they had to carry out a killing, something to do with slenderman. I have never heard of him. Good luck with your Dr. appt. tomorrow. It seems like I always have a Dr. appt. before we take a trip. Sounds like you got a great deal from the "as is" section of QVC.

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies! Just checking in to say hello. Linda I'm so glad you are healing and that the DD's are being so sweet. I just set up meals for a friend who had a sudden gall bladder surgery. She lost her job a few months ago and I know with no insurance it will be difficult.

Our fiscal year ended last month so we are trying to get all the paperwork in. Thankfully that is a small bit on my part.

On the home front, DH is off to Chicago this morning for a work conference. I went to Zumba after work and it was good - even though I left my gym clothes at home. I am ready for 2nd shower now.

On the shopping front, I wanted to go visit my Toms. I got a Subway sandwich at lunch and went to Sketchers. They have the memory foam shoes and I found a pair, but the shoe I went in for (basic white tennis shoe) was not in my size. A Jesus thing, I'm sure. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Well ladies, no TSV for me. I ended up being so busy, then had a bookclub meeting, and then came home to find out that they were sold out in my size (every color).

Oh well..... They were not a need for me.

The amazing thing that happened was that the man who hit me came by my house this afternoon with part of his family -- wife and two of his kids. He said that he was worried about me, etc., and I found out that he actually got the door open to get me out of the car. And, the best news is that he has car insurance. When I called my car insurance company, they were very happy that he had insurance. I think they have filed a claim with his insurance company. While he said he thought that I was going into his lane (I was in the right lane and he was behind me in the left -- I don't think so), he admitted that he hit me from the back. He said he couldn't avoid the accident since his cruise control was set at 75 MPH. Anyway, I can't imagine that I will be found responsible under the circumstances, especially since the policeman said that the other driver will be given a citation, not me.

My car rolled over and over according to him, and it ended up on its roof on a tree in the median. I'm sure it wasn't a big deal tree, but. He said it looked very, very bad, so he was relieved when the policeman called and said that I would be okay (not perfect, but.....)

He has something wrong (illness -- diabetes for sure), is unemployed, and his wife had cancer. So, I'm sure they aren't rolling in cash. Also, they are living with her mother.

I'm feeling better about things -- at least he was worried about me, and he is insured.

Off to have my latest food donation -- corn chowder. I'm sure your friend really appreciated your cooking for her Kathleen.

Linda

Respected Contributor

Oh my----Glad he had insurance. Sounds like he has had a tough time of things. It was nice of him to come by and speak to you. Nice to hear he got your door open---I'm sure that was difficult to get you out.