Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 7)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot, humid and awaiting thunderstorms for the entire week. Our temps are in the 80's to low 90's. UGH!!!

Sunday we tackled the outdoor rug project. We moved the rugs between the patio and front porch. The end result was only two rug and one mat had to be discarded . It wasn't how I originally wanted the rugs to be placed but it will be fine until the ones on the front porch need replaced. In the interim it will be a good test to see which brand and design holds up to the sun and snow. 

I watched part of Kim's show. I was tempted with the TSV but did not order it. I think they sold quite a few in the pre-sale. I love these summer terry outfits. I reminded myself that I still have one more round of declutter in the closets and  more to do. I'm taking a break now until I adjust to the summer temps and then I'll get back to it.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon / evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 7)

hot and humid here in RI.....mid-90's.....my granddaughters are playing softball at 3:45....i'm going to watch the game on my ipad....in my air-conditioned family room....just too hot........

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Needless to say, it is hot here in southern Arizona, but very dry.  Do take it easy in the heat.  Glad you don't need to discard too many rugs.  I thought the TSV was cute, but like you, I didn't order.  Hope that I can stay strong and not order more clothing for a little while at least. 

Mid 90's and humid in RI, .  Yikes.  Enjoy the game on your iPad.  Hope the girls don't overheat.

It is hot where my DD lives, but she finally had her new basement door installed today.  The contractor kept postponing the installation due to storms.  The exterior painting will have to wait since storms are coming in there as well.

Sounds like you had a rough weekend, Glenda.  Hope you and your friend can get together soon.  Congratulations to your second DGS.

Glad your Mom likes her George Foreman, Susan.  I haven't used mine in quite a while, so I was happy to let it go.  Just have too much "stuff".

My Walmart pick-up went fine.  They were out of a couple of items, but nothing urgent.

Today, I had my last earth studies OLLI class, and it was the best of the three.  This afternoon, I have my Hinduism class, which I'm sure I will enjoy.

This morning on my way back from a walk, I saw a lady walking her dog, and another dog raced across the street toward them.  Long story short, we went on a mission to find the owner.  I had gone to one person's house, but it was not her dog (she had two), and then three of us were working on it.  I was calling the number on his tag when someone started calling for "Charlie".  It turned out that she and her husband were watering plants for the homeowner, and I guess they had mistakenly left open the gate so Charlie escaped.  Very happy that they were reunited.  Such a cute little dog.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello all, not as hot as they predicted (only mid 80's) but the humidity is making up for it - yuck, lol.  I wish it would rain already.

It's so nice that you were able to reunite the dog with it's human Linda @LindaLatte 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise