Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 6th)

Good Afternoon!  Another hot day here, but I managed to take my walk early so the heat wasn't a problem.

My DD and SIL closed on their South Carolina house this morning.  Of course, they are happy.  Unfortunately, My SIL's car's engine light came on, so now they need to have the car checked out.  The owner of their garage in Maryland said he will refer them to a garage in their new area (he travels to the area sometimes.) Glad they drove two cars down there.

She said their two little dogs are pretty crazy running up and down the steps.  I figured that was going to happen.

Nothing exciting going on here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 6th)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Not much going on in my part of the world.  I did the grocery shopping early yesterday morning and made an early morning Target run this morning.  My excitement yesterday was seeing a parakeet as in a pet parakeet eating on my patio with sparrows.  I went outside and whistled to the bird since I don't really know it's language.  I'm fluent in pigeon and sparrows, lol.  The bird didn't let me get too close however I think it's seen a person before. 

It was hanging around my backyard today and it perched on the clothesline just on the other side of an evergreen shrub from me.  I watched some videos of parakeets singing/chirping and their language is complicated, lol.  A whistle is about all I can manage at this time and the bird watches me when I 'talk' to it.  It sticks out like a sore thumb among the other birds and I am concerned about it from a predation standpoint.  At this point all I can do is make sure food and water is available.  

We're expecting serious rain tonight. Some of the heavier rain that passed through SE Michigan missed me so that's good.  As it is there are flood warnings through tomorrow morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Glad to hear that your DD and SIL made it to SC. What a break that the garage has a reference for them in their new location. There's always a snag or two which anything major...

The dogs running up and down the steps made me smiles. Dogs know how to fun! 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Glad the storm did a by pass on your location. We got rain last night and off and on today but so far nothing crazy. 

What good luck you have with birds. Do other birds welcome a stranger into their flock or do they go their seperate ways? Our previous neighbor studied birds and had such knowledge. He was allergic to pets so he found birds. He could get the chickadees to eat from his hand.