Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 3)

My day started at the home depot sometime around 8:30.  I bought a scotts 2 gallon pump sprayer so I could treat the few dandelions that are starting to grow on my property.  That's done and even though I wore nitrile gloves and didn't get any weed b gone on me I could still smell it so I took a hot soak in the tub with some Philosophy Unconditional Love.  I think they call it 3 in 1 gel - I used it like bubble bath.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean. I am glad that you are having a nice 🌞🌞🌞 day, but I am sorry that you had to cancel your appointment on Wednesday because of the weather.  We don't like to have to fast before labs either & it seems like we always have fasting labs.  We usually have a good breakfast at the Clinic afterwards.  Congrats on your 70% off of your car insurance.  I hated sewing class when I was in HS.  Then when we got married and had our first child, I worked part-time from our home during the Christmas season & bought myself a nice reasonably priced seeing machine.  I soon began to love sewing for our ds, dd and myself.  I bought two pieces of fabric on vacation, so I will soon be busy at the sewing machine again.

Gayle2, I am sending my thoughts and prayers for your dh's upcoming surgery.  I am glad that you got the garage sale out of the way.  We had one before we built this home 24 years ago.  It was a big job, but we priced everything reasonably & only had a hand full of things to go to St  Vincent's.  It was so nice to get everything new again since we were empty nesters.

Marijane, we planted 6 🍅🍅🍅plants on Saturday and we were both pooped.  I am sure that your yard is going to be beautiful.  I can't do anything in the yard, so we mostly have perennials.  I think that your Yank's won one & lost one to the Red Sox over the weekend.

Linda L. I am not handy at putting things together.  It's easier for me to hire the job done.  Good job at getting the bathroom cabinet assembled and you like it.  That olive oil spill wouldn't be a nice job to clean up.  Yikes.

Sydsgma, I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your AI disorder.  I am doing well with my AI as long as I get my infusions every 6-8 weeks, but it saddened me to find out that my gamma gard is no longer available & now I have to go to the Capitol City to a different hospital.  I  don't like clutter, so it's a good thing that it's just the two of us here.  How nice for Syd to work at the local market and going to HS in the fall.  Our 14year year old dgd will be a frosh in HS in September.  She is excited.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I got interrupted by the telephone.

We had a good time at the church picnic yesterday.  Then we went to the nearby cemetery to see if the flowers were still on my parents grave.  Yes. They were.  This is the cemetery where my DH and I will be buried at.  

Our weather is a  beautiful 70°.  Now if it would only stay like this all summer.

We have an appointment with our bank in a little while.  My DH is napping so I will probably have to wake him up.

My dd sent us some really nice pic of Christopher's graduation to Walgreen's. They all looked so nice in their finery.  Our dd was stunning in her black halter style print tea length dreess.  Christopher is so handsome in his Cap and Gown.  They are framed already. I am one that likes to look at pic on the wall or cabinet and not on a smart ☎☎☎.

Other than hang out a load of laundry this morning, get my walk in & hot tub, I am trying to have a lazy day.

Supper is a roast in the oven  mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh green beans.

Tomorrow, if it's not raining. we are going to pay our respect to two other cemeteries and stop by to see friends that live in this area.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I could handle 70 to 80 degree temps year round. I wish I could have gotten a 70% discount on the insurance but it was $70 or 70 bucks.

Berniie--I don't have the patience for yard sales either. If you don't have a couple of people helping to keep an eye on things, if you turn your back on the items, some end up disappearing. I'd rather donate than spend all the time preparing for one.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Twinny--I could handle 70 to 80 degree temps year round. I wish I could have gotten a 70% discount on the insurance but it was $70 or 70 bucks.

Berniie--I don't have the patience for yard sales either. If you don't have a couple of people helping to keep an eye on things, if you turn your back on the items, some end up disappearing. I'd rather donate than spend all the time preparing for one.

Jean, oops.  I meant $70, but I was in a hurry!  I had to wake my DH up to go to our bank appointment & didn't proofread what I keyed.