Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 27)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Today, I am getting some things together to donate to the flood recovery effort in our state. Immediate needs include cleaning supplies, bleach, and personal care items. 

I set up my new wireless laser printer and it works very well. Before doing that, however, I caved and bought the TSV in the blush pink. I have nothing from this line and decided to take a risk.

My two or three  days of being lazy are over. I am in the midst of decluttering. Hopefully, I will have a load ready when I have my Wednesday appointment in the city.

This is a comment made by law enforcement regarding possble looting in a flood area:

looting.jpg

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 27)

Good motninh!

KonaKat, my heart aches for my home state.  I have a neice that lives in White Sulpher Springs, she is fine, their home has some water in the basement but nothing they have not been able to hanlde.  I saw her on the news in a background shot handing out water, her church has become very active in the recovery efforts. 

We must have the same taste, that TSV in blush is really temptimg me!

I hope that everyone is welll.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--It is good to hear that your niece did not have extensive damage. I have a former student who is now a teacher who lost entire home, vehicle and pets. It is times like this that we can consider ourselves fortunate. When I visited my insurance agent in Clendenin a month or two ago, it never dawned upon me that area would suffer to the extent it did. I posted a pic taken of it and the water had not reached its highest point. 

If you decide to order the TSV, I hope it works well for you. I think it is lovely and not something I would normally consider but there is something about it that called me to order.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone and thanks @KonaKat for starting the thread. I'm sure people in your area are grateful for any supplies you can donate, such a horrible thing to go through. I'm glad your new printer is up and running well for you. I pre-ordered the TSV, in the palm green color and received it on Friday, finally tried in on Sunday. I had not tried anything from this line prior to this  either. I love the color and the sleeve length. I went up a size since I am broad shouldered and kind of full busted. The fit is good, for me. I like the comment by law enforcement, it is certainly understandable.

@fbm8282lsm, glad your neice didn't have any more major damage.

I have been out this morning gettin a long form birth certificate for my neice, she lives in Tx. now and is planning a cruise for later this summer. The BC she had was not the right one for getting a passport, so, since she was born in the county I live in, I went to get it for her and overnighted it via UPS. Then a quick stop at the store for some chicken breasts to make for dinner tonight. Doing dishes and laundry, don't know what else I may do today. Temps are supposed to only be in the 80's tomorrow, so I think I will wait till then to do more outside work as today will still be in the 90's. I still have several things I need to print, so maybe I'll get that done. Might even do some decluttering too. Have a nice day everyone. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Thanks for the positive report on the TSV.  You are successful getting the birth certificate for your niece. I had to do that once for an out-of-state relative and could not do it without a signed release. I had to send her the release form for her signature, etc.  The chicken breasts for dinner sound good. I just had a 93% lean burger with cheese and salsa with no bun for lunch along with a salad.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Hope you like the TSV -- that sounds like a great color.  To be honest, I have not looked at the TSV yet, and I'm hoping it doesn't call my name since I am trying to avoid buying clothing "wants".  It is good of you to donate needed items for the flood victims.  I am so sorry residents of your State have suffered so much from the storm.  Also sorry to hear about your former student.  Glad your new printer is up and running.

Hi Rosa, and glad your niece is okay, and her church is helping out the flood victims.

Glad you like the TSV, snicks, and good of you to help out your niece.  We will be having chicken breasts for dinner tonight as well.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Essie, Gayle, Charlene, Susan, Marijane, pinky ann, Barbara, butterfly Karen, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

DH did not sleep well at all last night (got up several times), and I ended up giving him an anti-anxiety pill around 3:30.  This morning, the caregiver found that one of his hands is swollen, and I'm waiting to hear from the nurse about that issue.  The hospice social worker is supposed to be coming this morning, and I have an ear doctor appointment this afternoon. Busy, busy....

I think I have finished going through all the tax/financial files that I brought from the storage room, and now have a very full box to keep plus quite a lot to shred.  I did a bunch of shredding yesterday, but.....  At least I am down to one box now rather than three.

I am glad Gayle (?) found that she could live without the clothing in her closet (just the dressers), and twinny doesn't miss the things she donated.  I seem to have a very strong clothes "wanty" to handle, but I am working on that for sure.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. We had some pretty heavy thunderstorms yesterday, and it was nice and cool on my walk this morning.  That made me happy.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, & also helping the storm victims, must be overwhelming how much is needed. Love the sign, terrible when looting starts after a tragedy, some people have no shame.

@LindaLatte sorry you & DH had another bad nite, sure wish your vacation time was nearer, you do need a break.

@fbm8282lsm glad your niece didn't have worse damage & she is helping out

@Snicks1 I also looked twice at the TSV, do like that green you got, but also like the blush, maybe I can talk myself out of it.

Good idea to wait till tomorrow when it's cooler, we're to cool off then also

Have a good evening everyone

Essie

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Jean - I do pray that those in the areas of flooding will still stay safe.  Hope you enjoy your TSV purchase.   LindaL - so much of what you describe with your DH is what my Dad went through.  (((hugs))) to you as his caregiver. Continued encouragement for those of you decluttering and being thoughtful about new purchases! 

It's been about 104 degrees the past couple of days.  I got out early this morning and did some watering and cut down spent hollyhocks.  The goats are always happy when I weed or prune because they get a treat to eat!  I don't let the goats out in the field when it gets this hot though.  They stay in their pens where access to shade is easier.

Now that it's hot outside, I'll just do some misc. chores inside and kind-of take it easy.  That's what summer is like.  I think that for dinner I will make some old settler baked beans, but cook them in the crock pot outside on the covered patio.  That way we can have a hot meal but it won't heat up the kitchen.  I continue to try and use up older food from the freezer and cupboards.  I guess you could say that I'm decluttering food, lol!

Happy Monday!  ~  Charlene

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!!  Jean, thanks for starting.  So happy you are safe and sound, but I feel so sorry for so many that have lost so much with the storm.  The photos were so disturbing...Mother Nature is certainly testing us.  I am struggling with the TSV - but I have more than enough and need to get rid of, not add...I'll keep fighting wanty and hopefully, I will win the battle.

LindaL, sorry to hear of DH's bad night.  I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.  My FIL struggled with assisted living for my MIL, but it was the best thing he did for all involved.  She was well taken care of, he would visit everyday, but got the rest and peace he needed.

Charlene, I've been on a food decluttering mission, too!!  So much gets lost in the freezer and we keep buying and shoving in the freezer...it's a vicious cycle that needed to stop.  So far, so good, as we have used up quite a bit.

Rosa, happy your niece is ok.  Blush is the color I like best...it is lovely.

Snicks, 90s is hot to work outside.  I like to get out there really early, not that I enjoy it, but I love when my flowers are blooming and the pool is sparkling.

Spix, nice to "see you".  Hope you enjoy your day.

All is quiet here, just working, then trying to get all of DS's "stuff" put away.  He has lived on his own for a few years, so he has accumulated quite a bit.  A yard sale is in our near future, to make room for what we really want to keep.

Stay cool everyone and enjoy the day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--You are doing a super job of cleaning out the files, storage room, etc. I am sorry that DH had a bad night and is having new difficulties. I hope the medical staff has a solution. You are a trooper!

Essie--There are always those who will take advantage of a bad situation but fortunately, it has not been many so far. I think you all are talking me ouit of the TSV with your great restraint.

Charlene--With temps over 100, doing inside chores seems to be the reasonable approach. I love your expression of "decluttering food." Too many times things get shoved to the back in favor of newer items.

Karen--Good luck on your decluttering and the battle of "wanty" versus "need." The early morning hours are the best to get things done before the high temps set in. It is a double win if you should happen to be a morning person.

I already had some canned food items for donation to the flood recovery effort. I went to the Dollar Store and bought inexpensive toilet tissue, bleach, body wash, shampoo, toothpase and toothbrushes. I'll be taking them to the donation site this evening. Looking at this, those that have lost things, etc., I really think getting the TSV is not the best move at this point. I have plenty; I just loved the TSV and had nothing like it. I'm fortunate compared to many right now.

Bernie got me hooked on taking NatureMade Cholestoff Plus in gel caps. I was neaing the end of my first bottle, so I ordered a new one late last night from Amazon. I just got an email that says it has shipped already.