Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 21)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunnym, humid with storm clouds and wind. Nasty storms are predicted for today and my knees are confirming it. 

Today is my laundry day although I may just do half of it and the remainder tomorrow. I did pay a few bills just in case the power gets crazy. I hope to clear out some of the old garden tools now that I received the 2 new ones.  They are well made and have those cutting divits in the bottom and side. Finally, I can just have 2 tools and the Preen when I do the weeking. I can't remember the last time I purchased a garden tool so it was time.

I treated myself and watched more the Q this morning than usual. I hardle see Jane Brown so I caught a bit of her show. I did take a chance and order the TSV from Breezies. I have a few tank tops that are a bit low for my liking so I hope they work. i purcahsed something similar on clearance a while back and love them. The most comortable bra I own. I was kicking myself that I didn't order 2 sets. Crossing my finger that these work as well as the previous one.

I did receive one pair of the D &Co Skimmies TSV the other day. I liked the fabric. The fit was a  ? for me. I'm between sizes so I went up to a M. The legs are wider than I like but I think that is the design. It seems to be the same as another pair I purchased in a diffeent fabric. I think I will keep them because they are comfy and look nice. I'm hoping I'll adjust to the wider leg. It should be cooler in the heat. 

Have a nice afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 21)

[ Edited ]

What a nice post! I have never paid much attention to the shopaholics threads before. Very interesting. I will need to stop by more often. If I posted, it would probably always be about Barefoot Dreams. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

@Fressa 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Fressa  and Welcome @World Traveler , please stop by any time Woman Happy

How did you do with the weather last night and this morning @Fressa   We had rain come through 4 waves on Saturday and then last night it looked like all heck was breaking loose in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.  I couldn't go to sleep until I knew the first phase of the storms had passed me by.  That's what I get for reading the various National Weather Service twitter accounts Woman Surprised

This morning I was trying to sleep because I stayed up late and the lightening penetrated my REM sleep and woke me up at an ungodly hour.  I said oh heck with it, made a cup of coffee and watched local news.

I hope Jean is having a safe trip and that she enjoys herself.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I didn't feel like calling the dealership so I scheduled my oil change online.  It's my first time doing it that way.  I go tomorrow morning so it will be good to get that out of the way.

I shopped Chewy for bird food and shopped Siegel Pigeons (in the great state of Louisiana) for pick stone.  You almost need to go to a pigeon supply store for it and I've purchased it from Siegel Pigeons before.  So I have been shopping, just not for me (directly).  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had attempted to add Fressa's post to mine, but obviously, it didn't work.  This is what I posted earlier --

Good Afternoon!  Our excessive heat warnings ended yesterday evening, but it is still quite hot here with a predicted high of 104 degrees.  No rain, but a little more humidity. 

It was already pretty hot on my walk this morning, but I have to admit I started out a bit later than planned due to looking at the "Prime Day" specials.  I had been considering a new floor steamer for all the tile I have in the house, and the one I had been considering was reduced by 37 percent.  Since I had the gift card credit for my Fitbit, it was an easy decision to order it.  I am considering a few other items like teeth whitener strips and some vitamins, but have not ordered yet.

Thanks for your recommendation for the fireman's hose nozzle, Fressa.  I purchased one of those for my back hose, and I like it.  But, it took my helper quite a long time to get off the old nozzle, so I don't plan to move it to the front.  I still haven't managed to get the nozzle off in the front, but I will keep trying.  I have found a way that avoids me getting totally soaked or "attacked" by cactus. 

Unfortunately, my friend Bev is suffering from back pain due to twisting the wrong way when she was coiling up her garden hose.  I think garden hoses probably need a warning label.  LOL  She is finishing up her muscle relaxants, and having PT again tomorrow.  We are planning to go to lunch on Wednesday -- fingers crossed.

While I didn't see any other information, I saw in FB that Jean and her niece have made it to Alaska.  

I am doing some cooking and cleaning today plus I have the last OLLI class on Hinduism this afternoon.  Nothing else exciting.  

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, and your weather is okay.  Please post and let us know what is going on in your world.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hope the storms aren't too bad,Fressa.  Hope you like the bras you ordered. Interesting about the D&C skimmes.  I had ordered, but canceled them.  I'm not a fan of wider legs in capris, etc., but you make a good point about them being cooler in the heat.

Welcome World Traveler.

I didn't sleep well last night either, Bernie.  Pretty vivid and unsettling dreams.  Sorry you had those storms, and good luck with the on-line scheduling for your oil change.  I did that once when I was still going to the dealership.  Glad you were able to get your bird feed, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Thanks for the welcome! I just may take you up on the suggestion to stop by. I love the tiny tidbits of information. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

BirdMama----The storms last night were as bad as the original one. This one came in waves so I was up every time I heard the wind "whoosh" by the windows. I was worried that it would push the downed trees either over the road, into our house and fling them around. Honestly today I feel like a zombie. So much for getting the debris off the lawn.    

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Did you try WD-40 or Avon's Skin So Soft on that hose fitting? We had luck witht he WD-40 with the outside faucet. It's original to the house and installed in the middle of the brick. Honestly---who makes that decision It is always having a problem and w hold our breath with repairs. (Plumbing is not our specialty LOL) Anyway. that worked for us so hopefully it will for you.