Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 20)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy today. We've had the wind gust storms for 3 days. (20-50 mph) . Hopefully, they are finally gone. The last two nights have dipped into the mid 40's with the days near 90. UGH!!  This week we have the annual A/C check and the tv pick up. YIPPEE! 

We are trying to get back on our schedule after a week of the installs and delays. Even the dogs are exhausted. I started the laundry and may attempt to sort thru all the paperwork on my desk. I don't like when it becomes messy with contracts and receipts and regular bills. I'm still waiting on the last of the paperwork from the roof & gutters. I'll probably deal with that on Tuesday. 

I was up super early again today but at least I got to watch fashion while inhaling coffee. LOL Tonight I'm making ribs for the hubby so with the early start we should still have dinner at the regular time. 

I ran into our DIL at the mini mall parking lot and she is very relieved to have the car repaired properly and back to normal errands. 

The holly has grown out of control with all this rain. We tried transplanting  some of it two times these past weeks and havn't had any luck. I'll have to find a website to see what we're doing wrong. That camo thumb of mine is still active. ha ha!!

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 20)

Fressa,  its a sunny hot day here with mid 90's today and upper 90's tomorrow.  Yuck!  It's going to be in the 80's for at least a week.  Starting in July, I will be looking forward to a beautiful Fall.  Then I am with Bird Mama.  I will be looking forward to a White Christmas. It looks like you have been very busy and I hope everything is installed properly.  Its nice to hear that your dil is happy with the car repairs.  I have no green thumb & have never liked gardening.  I am more than happy with 6 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅 plants and going to our Farmers Market.

On Saturday a.m., we spent the rest of the gc from my niece at Chocolate Temptations.  I don't  know what I had, but it was good.  Then we had a good time at the fish boil on Saturday night.  

Yesterday it was sleeping in,  hot tubbing and a nice long moped drive around town.  I saw a lot of Vettes.  

I am getting ready to go to the gym.  Dinner is chicken in the oven. On Tuesday it will be a carry out from our favorite Italian Restaurant.

On Wednesday we are heading for the Capitol City to do a bit of shopping before we meet Christopher at Noodles and Co for lunch.  We are anxious to hear about his internship job with Culver's.  Then I am going to have two dreaded MRI's when we get back home.

Our former sil is on his way to Brussels through work & with a snag in his plans he spent most of yesterday in London.  Apparently there was a problem with the checking in with the bags.  He was  lucky to get in a bit of sightseeing.  Hopefully he is in Brussels by now.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Those are some pretty wild temperatures shifts in your area.  Hope things even out soon and the winds calm down. Like you, I am having my annual AC check-up this week.  Better safe than sorry.  Very happy to hear about your DIL's car.  My SIL finally took his car to the new garage today.  Fortunately, he works from home, and my DD has a car they can use if necessary.  He was off work today, and they went out to lunch, which was nice.

Sorry your area is so hot, Glenda. Glad you have had some nice outings and enjoy your pre-MRI time on Wednesday.  Nice that your SIL was able to do some sightseeing.  I saw something on the internet about baggage issues in London, but I didn't read the details.  DH's DD and family are in Turkey and seem to be having a good time so far. 

Sorry to hear about your weather, Bernie.  Hopefully, things will improve for all of you soon.  It is hot here (high of 96 predicted), but not hotter than normal.  It was nice when I took my early morning walk.

After much debate, I called the handyman to see if he can help with my sliding sunscreen door.  I can get it open, but would like it to be an easier process.  I had my lab work done for my physical next Monday, and the tech who took my blood was very good -- last year the tech was not good at all.  They could not take a urine sample since something was wrong at the lab (no reagent?), but maybe that can be done next week.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening everyone.

Hugs,

Linda   

Honored Contributor

Given that we are expecting warmer (than I would like) weather through the end of the month, I hand watered (with a hose vs sprinkler) all of the shrubs and trees yesterday morning.  As I was changing my position last night I woke up a bit and thought I heard gentle rain.  I was happy to see that I didn't hallucinate - we did get rain last night and the robins, cardinals and starlings were happy this morning.

I can't stand it when my paperwork starts building up either @Fressa  I have to keep on my filing or I can't think straight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70 

It's currently overcast and 76 degrees here.  It goes downhill for us tomorrow Woman Very Happy  Chicken for dinner sounds good and Italian tomorrow sounds even better.  Have fun with Christopher and best of luck with the MRIs.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I had my annual endocrinologist appointment on Friday and I love the nurses who take blood.  They evaluate each patient's vein because they know one size needle does not fit all.  The nurse on Friday look at my vein and had to get the butterfly needle.  

BD Vacutainer Safety-Lok Blood Collection Sets

Every once in a decade, they are able to get blood using a run of the mill needle.  Most of the time they have to use this kind of needle.  

Honored Contributor

I did a little shopping this morning.

Clearance Men's Sweatshirt (for sleeping in the winter)

St. John's Bay Mens Crew Neck Long Sleeve Sweatshirt

Shirt Jacket with touches of embroidery

a.n.a Shirt Jacket Tall

Easy Spirit Sneakers

Mariela Washable Slip On Sneakers - Easy Spirit

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's nice that your dh's dd can go to Turkey again this year.  Is her dd studying there?  I think that was the plan a few years ago.  The problem was with his luggage and he missed his flight by 10 minutes.  Hopefully he is in Brussels by now.  Usually he goes to Boston a few times each year so he was looking forward to this business trip.  I hope that your handyman can get the patio screen to open easier.  We have never had a problem with ours, but my bil with the pool has one that's hard to open.  I shudder whenever I have lab tests.  Some are great others are NOT.

Bird Mama, I have to ask for a butterfly needle otherwise I get the other one.  I only have one good vein which is in the crook of my right elbow.  I am a chicken and don't watch as they are  filling the vials.  You choose the nicest clothes and I have a couple of pairs of Easy Spirit which I like.  

I am going to have a cooking free week.  Italian restaurant tomorrow for dinner, lunch with Christopher on Wednesday and lunch at Chop Sticks with two former co-workers on Thursday.  Fish fry in a neighboring town on Friday night.   I will have leftovers for a few days too which I will enjoy.  

We are trying to get together with all three dgc soon,  but it's crazy as they all work in different cities, our eldest dgs moved back home for the Summer,  dgs #2 lives at home full-time  and our dgd goes back & forth every other week.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

I like all the things you ordered, Bernie -- particularly the shoes.  For some reason, I keep liking/wanting new shoes.  Difficult to resist, but I really don't need any new ones.

I don't think I ever saw that type of needle.  To be honest, I close my eyes when they take the blood, but I am pretty sure they use the regular type of needle.  Years ago, I was told that my veins were very easy to find, but that has changed in time.  

DH and I missed a plane in London one time, and it was quite a mess, Glenda.  We were going to Turkey via England, and the plane couldn't land due to fog (kept circling).  Then, we were told to run to another part of the airport and try to get on a plane.  As you can imagine, that was stressful.  And, we didn't make it in time.  So, they gave us a coupon so we could have a meal, and booked us on a plane with a different airline that was leaving several hours later.  We made it to Turkey very late, and DH's luggage wasn't there.  It took several days before it caught up to him.  And there were more issues -- yikes.

DH's older DGD (who just completed her first year of college) was an exchange student in Spain (until she had to leave due to COVID), but their family really likes Turkey (where DH grew up), and his DD knows how to speak the language.  She is like her Dad -- loves travel and knows quite a few languages.  

Enjoy your cooking free week. I have only done that when I have been away on vacation.  Hope you are able to see all three of your "grands".  That becomes more and more difficult as they grow older.