Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 19)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a very rainy day and I am in the midst of going through things, some of which I had forgotten.

I know one of the decluttering things says to get rid of it if you don't love it. Another says if you haven't used it in a year that it should go, and then another says if in doubt and the item can be purchased again, then let it go. What is written is often easier said than done when emotional attachments are involved and the thought that the item might be used again. Why hasn't it been used? The answer to that should determine its future.

I know Monday has different meanings to people but I thought the following link to these Monday memes might give you a lift, especially if it is a rainy day:

http://cheezburger.com/2490629/17-funny-memes-to-get-you-through-monday

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 19)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat.

We never really did get the rain that was forecasted for the weekend.  I'm hoping for some rain this week. 

The wind picked up yesterday afternoon around 4pm as the cool front moved in and I opened every window in my house for about 4 hours.  It was so nice to have some fresh air circulating upstairs and downstairs. 

It's funny, twice over the weekend I went to Lord and Taylor's site to check out the friends and family sale.  Twice I put 2 pair of Lucky Brand shoes in my cart as the prices were crazy good.  Twice I exited the site without buying, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - you know what's good for the wallet?  Being too busy to shop, lol.  Jean - I spent much of the day yesterday going through books in my library and pulled out about 40 to donate.  Sometimes I just more in the mood to purge items than at other times.  Good activity on a rainy day, too.  Bernie - good job on not making the purchase if it's not something you're in love with!

Well, my life has been crazy busy lately.  Last week I spent a lot of time working in the yard and started to do some work in the house, ie. working in the library, cleaning the china hutch, etc.  That's in preparation for our upcoming party this coming weekend.  

Then Saturday was my DS's big day.  He graduated cumlaude from the University of California at Riverside in mathematics.  I'll get around to posting some photos on facebook in a bit.  My 87 year old mother was a trooper.  I know that the long walk to the venue and the hot sun was tiring, but she never complained, she was just so happy to see another one of her grandchildren graduate.  

Then yesterday evening my DD sprang the news on us that her 2 roommates from Davis are coming down for a visit and asked if it was alright to spend the night at our place tonight.  Yes, they're welcome, but holy moly, you should see the state of our house.  You know what it's like when you're doing deep-cleaning, the house gets worse before it gets better  It's a mess.  So I'm washing sheets and house cleaning today.  On top of that, my DD still has some tubs and boxes of stuff she hasn't unpacked around the place.  At least her roommates would be understanding about that situation.  My DD also started her job today so she is excited and nervous.

Did I mention that the for three days it's going to be over 110 degrees here?  That made me get up at 6:00 am and get caught up on watering.  I've  got so much to do it's crazy!!!

Waves to all - hope everyone is well.  ~  Charlene

edited to add - sorry if sometimes I have a typo or strange wording in my post.  When I post in the morning I'm still wearing my prescription eyeglasses and can't see the computer monitor all that well, lol.  Hi meallen - cute graphic.

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday blessings pet images

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good luck with your sorting.  We could use some of that rain, but our weather is expected to be like Charlene's -- 110 degrees or so predicted for the next few days.  Although I got up earlier, it was a little after 6:00  before I started on my walk, and by the end I was sweating.  Yikes!

Glad you were able to open the windows and have the fresh air, Bernie.  Good job in resisting that purchase.  I have been working to resist "want" purchases lately, and it has not been easy.  Yesterday evening, I almost purchased a pair of SG skorts which were being sold at a reduced price for one day.  But, by the time I decided to do so, they were sold out.  Probably for the best since I am pretty sure they would show my knees which I keep undercover except for when I'm home.

You certainly have been busy, Charlene.  Congratulations to your son, and best wishes to your daughter.  Good for your Mom at the graduation.  I think having company in the mist of a deep cleaning would be extremely stressful for me.  Hope that you take it as easy as possible since that sort of stress used to cause nasty migraines for me, and I know you get those dreadful headaches.

Nice graphic, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I plan to do my "strong bones" exercises at home today.  No other big plans except visiting DH.  He was doing pretty well yesterday except his eyes were bothering him during my second visit. Fortunately, the drops helped.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Congrats upon resisting the double temptation of shoes from Lord and Taylor. You are really doing great; now to resist that JCP sale with increased eBates rewards.

Charlene--I can imagine your panic in getting the house back in shape for the visitors. You are so correct that going through things, sorting, etc. can create a temporary problem we might not want visitors to see. Congrats to your son's degree in math.

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic and the reminder that it is another new day for new opportunities.

Linda--Good on being slow to order the skort. Of my purchases this year, that is the one I most regret. It was cute but it just wasn't me. I saw on the Weather Channel that you and Charlene are facing horrible high temperatures. Enjoy your visit with DH.

I went to town to take a lab sample back and then filled the car up with gas. I don't like for it to get below a quarter of a tank. I think I  have run out of steam so it is time for the Kindle. Hopefully, I can do more later.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Got to love UPS. Their hub and spoke delivery system is as bad as airlines. I have a shipment coming from Omaha Steaks in Nebraska. When I looked at the tracking, it was located in some town halfway between DC and Baltimore about 7 hours east of me. I guess it arrived by plane and is now being shipped west by refrigerated truck, but it could also be shipped to one of our airports. Who knows?