Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. I have returned from Nashville. I returned last evening and this morning, I went to get Midnight out of boarding. Needless to say, he was one happy cat but he is giving me a temporary cold shoulder.

We had a great time. We toured the city; the Ryman Auditorium, the original home of the Grand Ole Opry and where it is held during the Winter; the Country Music Hall of Fame; a backstage tour of the Opry House; a tour of the Opryland Hotel including a riverboat ride through it; and, of course, an evening at the Grand Ole Opry. I'm not into country music big time but I must say the Grand Ole Opry is one impressive production. Oh, I forgot to mention that we took time to go to the mall where we shopped and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

We are now back to reality. Behaving myself with food and with shopping is now a requirement but that Aslett indoor/outdoor mat is temptimg me. When I returned, I found the "While Supplies Last" recliner delivered to me and waiting for me on the deck. My Cottage Farms impatiens flourished while I was gone.

I'll be goofing off today and resume the exercise program tomorrow. Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 16)

Good morning Jean! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and packed all those activities in. And met the girls - I hope we get to see some pics of you all!

I have a couple things in my cart I am considering at one of my stores. I hate it that I had to buy a $6 item just to get the coupon so I guess that is what makes me hesitate.

This week I have some things to get accomplished at home so fingers crossed that some of that gets done. I've had a computer desk hutch to get rid of for about 2 months and I finally posted it on FB. Mom responded right away that she wants it! lol

I made Italian Cream Cake cupcakes last night and they were delicious. I took some to CR and some to work today.

Onward!! Hello to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Some of those requirements to purchase things do make you think twice or more about a purchase under consideration. Actually, there is only one pic being posted on FB of an individual and that is of someone indulging in a dessert at the Cheesecake Factory This cake was huge! I did intend for the waiter to take a group picture of us but we got to talking about shopping in the mall and the picture opportunity passed At least one of the people was adverse to having pictures taken. Good job on finding a new home for the computer desk.

I think I might get two of those spinning organizers featured today. I've had it under consideration for a long time. I really like them but they may go back to the wish list. I passed on getting the Aslett mats/

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Nashville. I have only been there once & that was probably 4 years ago while DH & I were on a bus trip heading to the FL Keys. We only had one day there, but it was fun. The thing I dislike about returning from vacation is the "getting back to reality" part. I love the no cleaning & no cooking part of it, along with beautiful sightseeing & beach time. The balloon rally on Friday was nice as they did ascend & also the night glow went on as planned. The car show, arts/crafts show on Saturday were very nice. The balloons didn't go up at all on Saturday night as it was just too windy. that was disappointing as this is only held once a year for two days. I have never been to Cheesecake Factory. Maybe it is a Southern restaurant. Either that or I haven't been observant enough.

RC, those cupcakes sound awesome. It is going to be a hot humid week here (upper 80's), so my oven will used very sparingly. The two weeks of 70's did truly spoil us. They are also saying potential storms all week. Good luck with your home duties this week too. DH & I did major clean up jobs around the house a few weeks ago, so it is just light maintenance around here.

Nothing exciting happening today. BLT for dinner with corn on the cob. Nothing on the Q is calling my name right now. Tomorrow we are taking my mom to a neighboring town for lunch & then on to her eye appt. She has MD so she gets shots in one eye about every 6-8 weeks. Her eyesight is poor, but she still manages to go for exercises 3X a week at the sr. center. I just wish she would use the cane she bought 3 years ago--she has used it once as far ad I know.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You are so correct that getting back to reality is the negative of a great trip. The first Cheesecake Factory I ever frequented was in Hawaii. I also have been to ones in Florida and Ohio. They are nationwide in some major cities. The balloon rally and car show sounds like a great way to enjoy the weekend. BLTs sound yummy!!

I decided to go ahead and get those spinning organizers, since I'm in an organizing mode. Part of the organizing will be letting some of my now larger size clothes depart the house. It is amazing how much longer pants get when they get too loose. I might keep a select few for around the house.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it is mid-afternoon and time for Kindle time and cuddling with Midnight. I have checked my accounts online and all is accurate for transactions during the trip.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon:

Nashville sounded like a great trip. I am also not a big country music fan---although in my area there are country music events several times per month---and folks pack it in and wouldn't miss it!. I think that the Grand Ole Opry was quite an undertaking to operate and put those events on.

This morning I walked out and was walking to the corner of the house---and then I saw the deer---I don't think it was the same one---this one was still young enough to have fawn spots. It went toward the fence--stopped to watch me---and then moved toward the fence by the road---about that time Mr. Boodles appeared and I didn't see if it went over the fence---or not.

Twinny: I understand about not heating up the house cooking. It is heating up here and the humidity is back up. My Dad was from Wisconsin---and I remember when we visited his brother in Mayville---that was many years ago now---as both are gone for a number of years. It is a lovely area in the summer. Not sure if I could handle the snow! My nephew moved in Minn. a few years ago for work---I think they have adjusted but it was a huge change.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like you had a really great time on your trip, Jean. Speaking of Cheesecake Factories--there is one on the first floor of the building I work in downtown. I have managed to avoid it like the plague because I love the food there. Our office is going there on Friday for one of my co-worker's last day, but unfortunately, I will be in class offsite the rest of the week, so I will miss that. Boo.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I'm still done in from my day trip - I'm so stiff and achy I can hardly move. It was worth it, though...now I have to catch up on homework. I did a little bit last night, but conked out early.

I also brought along a camera and forgot all about it! Where's that picture posted, Jean? I looked on your wall and didn't see it. I'm not a country music fan either; in fact, I was looking for a radio station on the drive and my choices were country, sports, or gospel, so I opted for the latter. I wish I had planned my trip to make better use of my time rather than drive around aimlessly, but Jules and I are going back in September, probably for an overnight trip. Baby Ziggy will be bigger so I can leave him with the others overnight, and I can get my pool guy to come by and let the dogs out.

Twinny, if you go to the Cheesecake Factory's web page, you can see where there's one in your area - they're all over the place. The closest one to me is about 100 miles away, in Georgia.

Jean, I will NOT look at an organizer! {#emotions_dlg.crying} LindaR made me get that purse from Shop HQ, you and Jules made me get shoes Wink, I did stop at Godiva for my free chocolate since I'm a club member (well, you do have to purchase something to get it...), and I bought a bunch of stuff at Trader Joe's. (Maybe that doesn't count, since it's food?) I just caved and got the TSV at Shop HQ - it's a low pressure flip pan that looks like it'll be really useful. I don't use a microwave anymore and am planning to sell mine (which will help pay for the pan), I think it'll be ideal for re-heating Chinese food, besides all its other uses. Also with your talking about a recliner I saw a nice Zero Gravity one on Amazon for $50, which was about 1/2 price. Fortunately I didn't order it - Ollie's had the same one for $37, and a coupon I had took it to about $30. I'm looking forward to relaxing on the back porch with my laptop or Kindle and listening to the frogs and cicadas serenade me. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Oh, and I see there's a wallet to match the kitty purse I got, but it's sold out...but you can request that they notify you if something comes back in stock.

The heat index today is 104° - my pool guy is here, and I can't wait until the pool is ready to go!

Rosa, you're being held up in prayer; hope you're OK.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I'm happy that you enjoyed your outing. I drove 535 miles back in one day, so I was tired but I have driven as much as 600 miles in one day. I'm not big on driving more than I can handle as I have to rest. I was thinking of making a purchase at the Godiva shop but forgot it with the fun we had at the Cheesecake Factory. The waiter was fabulous as was the food. They know how to make you feel special. The pic is posted on Jules page.

Kelli--I'm pleased that the Cheesecake Factory is not near me. The nearest one is a 3 hour drive. Even if it were near me, I would have to limit my excursions. I love that place. Sorry you can't make it to the event at the CF.

LindaR--Arlene told us about the purse you emailed her. Naturally, I had to check it out. All the designs were beautiful. I may consider the wallet version if it is available at some time. The Opry is quite a production; it is a radio show broadcast live so it is interesting to see what takes place during the commercial time.

I got the Insider in the mail. Are you ready? There are Christmas items in it! There is also a TSV of a Fall boot. I guess Summer is going by rapidly.