Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 4th)

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot with rain in the forecast for Tuesday. I keep forgetting to water the front garden so that's on my list for today. The hubby is outside spraying and moving a few things around in the back patio area. 

Our area was noisy until 11PM last night with the neighbors setting off "booms". Thor had a long night. He deals with the smaller noises but once it reaches a "boom" his line is drawn. I just worry about a fire starting in the woods since it's so dry. Oh well, one more long night ...I hope. It's not unvcommon for them to continue thru the week. 

I've seen some of the Q progtrams but haven't been tempted to purchase. My price limit is the $16 lunchtime special or clearance offer. I ordered a set of gift bags and they arrived in the origianl packaging so not a return. Shipping charges on most items are too high but that's all over the place. Whatever works to keep me on budget is a good thing.

I finally have reworked my closet with the storage cubes. It seems I purchase pants in either navy or olive. Now, I can find the crops from the leggins. YIPPEE! I did find a few tank tops that I can wear around the house so BONUS!  Next on my list is the linen closet in the spare room. I need those storage cubes in a jumbo size to hold king size bedding. The vacuum bags just are not working any more.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 4th)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Happy independence Day everyone!

It is 90 degrees and sunny here at the moment, and there is a chance of showers.  But, I'm certainly not counting on the rain.  Hope you get some in your area. 

Sorry about the booms in your neighborhood.  DD told me that there were some illegal fireworks in her neighborhood yesterday evening, and they started a fire.  Apparently, nothing was harmed (new area with no houses), but it did stop the fireworks.  There are fireworks scheduled for tonight there, but they are having thunderstorms.  Like me, she will be watching the fireworks on TV (PBS).

Good job on sticking with your budget.  Can't imagine you can find too many things here for that price.  I have found some from Lands End (no shipping days and sales) plus eBay (no shipping and a trustworthy vendor).  This morning, a friend posted a picture of her red Sketchers shoes that she had purchased, but not worn until today.  My "wanty" went into overdrive, but I could not find the shoes I wanted in my size and color.  

I have found the old vacuum storage bags are just not working any longer.  Glad they "invented" the newer storage cubes (not the hard plastic ones).

While I am not positive, I think my hearing aid is okay.  Spent time with it yesterday.  Other good news is that Bev is feeling better -- leg and foot swelling over (no longer needs the medicine) plus the pain is controlled by tylenol.  She has the drain removed on Wednesday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Thanks fpr the update on Bev. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Crossing my fingers that your hearing aid is okay. My BF was in a constant state of replacing lost hearing aids with both parents. Those certainly are not budget friendly.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, good news about Bev, thanks for sharing Linda.

It was hot and humid so we stayed inside when my sister came over to celebrate the holiday. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise