Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 27)

I meant concern for our friend not concert.  Right now I have concert on my TINY brain!

Respected Contributor

Jean..my ra is systemic and bothers every joint in my body.  My rheumatologist has told me braces do not help this kind. Did your mom have osteo or ra??! There is a big difference between them. 

I wont tel you what I found in some of the boxes...everything was always neat..I just never looked to see what I had saved. 

Bernie..my sil loves meijers..we do not have it here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Twinny, I've been taking vacation time in long weekends this year.  This way I can sprinkle more in and avoid burnout :-)  I'm so sorry that another friend of yours has lost his wife.  I just checked the forecast and it looks like upper 80's this week with a chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday.  Next week mid 80's and rain for 5 days in a row.  Yea, I fell for that before which is why my backyard has brown spots in it.  I broke down today and have the oscillating sprinkler going in the back yard.  I have it set on full-bore (lol) and will give each area 45 minutes.  It's better than nothing I guess and should give the robins something to eat :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara, my eldest sister has the same kind of RA as you.  She's also a diabetic and has Factor V (prone to developing blood clots).  I know that auto immune disorders are running in my family so I'm grateful that for now all I have is Hashimotos.  I also know that Factor V thing runs in family and I didn't have myself tested for it.  It's stupid I know, but I don't want to know.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

SYDSGMA, Just give us a hint. When I cleaned out our guest bedroom closet Iast year, I found some nice looking boxes neatly put on the shelves. One had some things my DD thought she would want that we bought from a dear friends auction (she will be celebrating her 19th anniv. next month). They were bought about 20 y/ago when we built our home. Some things I kept for myself & the rest I donated as it was all nice things. One was a silver dish w/lid that was designed by hitting it with a hammer & one was a plate of my DH's former church celebrating it's 100th anniv. in 1987. BIRD MAMA, I used to like when it when I had long weekends from my job too. My company gave us 6 Fridays off each summer & sometimes Monday's so we had a nice 4 day weekend. Nothing stupid about not getting tested for something you don't want to know the results from. When I was first diagnosed with CIDP, my DH & i were terrified that I would never walk again. Nobody in my family has any type of neurological problems, so it was more terrifying to know I had something very serious going on. i was able to hide my symptoms very good from my DC (they are both in the medical field too) until i was wheelchair bound/bed bound. It took me several years to admit that something was going on.& I would never be able to return to my job. I felt ashamed to be wheelchair bound after being so active. I was afraid to know too much about my disorder too as it seemed like doom & gloom to us at the time. The Lord has been so good to us after all of our trials.
Respected Contributor

Twinny...I found boxes with cards that I got when my children were born....and a box of baby clothes that I was saving for my sil.  My kids are well into their 30s....this is all part of let it go.

i tend to research my medical issues. I am the person who wants to know all. I almost went to medical school.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I HATE THIS NEW BOARD!!!!!!   Cat Mad

Anyway, I'm at the library as my internet is down; a technician is coming on Wednesday as that joke of a court hearing is tomorrow so I couldn't get the available appointment then.  Prayer appreciated that they just drop it. 

With no internet I expect I'll get some work done around the house; in fact, last night I took the dishwasher apart to clean it out....and actually managed to get it put back together, although I was starting to wonder about that...I couldn't make a ring fit back in and wasn't sure where it went, but eventually figured it out. (I had no idea that gunk could get inside the working parts!)   I also got the bed I had bought for Honeybun a few months ago finally put together...and of course she's ignoring it.  (sigh)  It's a mesh fabric on a frame and is supposed to be cool; Autumn sleeps with me, so she doesn't need it, and I won't let Angelica near it as she destroys beds... Oh well, maybe she'll take to it in time.  Cat Frustrated

It used to be that I was greatly tempted every time I went to Walmart, but rarely shop there anymore.  I don't need anything, and do most of my food shopping at Aldi, although I think I'll go to Trader Joe's next week.  I was just reading that the economy in China is changing and the employees are being paid more, so that will probablly affect the proliferation of cheap goods from there.

I'm not even tempted to look and see what the TSV is since it's by Breezies.  I got their panties when they first came out, and planned to replace the ones I had, so tossed each old pair as I wore it.  I finally got to the Breezies, and the first time I wore them felt something funny in my pants.  I went to a ladies room...and the elastic had given out!  (Glad I wasn't wearing a dress!)  I thought it was a freak occurrence but no, it happened on the second pair I wore...and since it was over 30 days, QVC wouldn't do a thing about it. Cat Mad

Twinny, back when I worked I used to coordinate my underwear to my clothing, but after a while stopped caring...no one sees it.  I won't wear ragged or torn or stained undies, but I grab whatever pair is on top (unless I'm wearing light colored pants) and most bras are beige.

Hope you're feeling better, Snicks.

Well, I have to do a few things before the library closes - have a blessed day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for everyone's well wishes, I always get these long lasting colds, when I get a cold that is, so this one is not anything out of the ordinary.
I have both RA and Osteo, so far I can't tell the meds are helping the RA and am not on anything for the Osteo (can't take any OTC meds due to the high powered prescription for the RA so I just deal with it so far. I am considering seeing a different doc though. Well, the ending of another day in paradise, lol. Our AC just went on the blink, think the fan motor burned out. Of course, hubby wants to "fix it himself", oh lord. Here we go again, and it's going to be 113 degrees tomorrow. Guess I'll just spend the day in the pool.LOL
"To each their own, in all things".