Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 19)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and humid in the high 80's today. I had to water a few plants on the patio because they were keeled over from the heat. It will be nice to have a few days without storms in the forecast but running the sprinklers around can be a marathon.

I did clear the utiltiy closet on Saturday and Sunday. I finished the decluttering in the kennel/ extra room. There was a cabinet and a small chest of drawers that were requiring attention. The trimming of the side bushes has been rescheduled for next weekend. We did get all the boxes organized or in line for the garbage next week. It felt so so good to have all of that mess in order of keep or discard.

Today is laundry day. How exctting. LOL  I noticed that the dryer is having to run thru two cycles on the towels. I'm not sure if it's the fabric in towel or the washer load was too large. I have the extra large capacity so I probably hit the wrong setting. Why does that always happen with sheets or towels. UGH!!

The cedar closet is on my radar for this week. I keep receiving emals that the donation truck is on our street. I have a ton of bedding in their that we no longer need and some work clothes that I will never fit into anymore. Hopefully, this will be a one or two afternoon project. Next week I hope to start the Holiday Storage declutter project and hope to donate half of what's in there. Fingers crossed. 

I'm still dealing with the insurance company this week and hope to have a resolve to the storm & trees disaster. I need to have that off my list so I can focus on appointments. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 19)

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and humid in the high 80's today. I had to water a few plants on the patio because they were keeled over from the heat. It will be nice to have a few days without storms in the forecast but running the sprinklers around can be a marathon.

I did clear the utiltiy closet on Saturday and Sunday. I finished the decluttering in the kennel/ extra room. There was a cabinet and a small chest of drawers that were requiring attention. The trimming of the side bushes has been rescheduled for next weekend. We did get all the boxes organized or in line for the garbage next week. It felt so so good to have all of that mess in order of keep or discard.

Today is laundry day. How exctting. LOL  I noticed that the dryer is having to run thru two cycles on the towels. I'm not sure if it's the fabric in towel or the washer load was too large. I have the extra large capacity so I probably hit the wrong setting. Why does that always happen with sheets or towels. UGH!!

The cedar closet is on my radar for this week. I keep receiving emals that the donation truck is on our street. I have a ton of bedding in their that we no longer need and some work clothes that I will never fit into anymore. Hopefully, this will be a one or two afternoon project. Next week I hope to start the Holiday Storage declutter project and hope to donate half of what's in there. Fingers crossed. 

I'm still dealing with the insurance company this week and hope to have a resolve to the storm & trees disaster. I need to have that off my list so I can focus on appointments. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Have you cleaned your dryer vent 

Esteemed Contributor

I do multiple times when I do the wash especially after the towels, blankets and sheets.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You are always so busy.  Glad you accomplished some of your "to do" list.  Fingers crossed on the insurance.  Usually, if towels don't dry as fast as I expect it is due to my putting it on low heat or the wrong setting.  Hope there are no issues with your dryer.  How ambitious to think of getting rid of half of your holiday storage content.  I usually set my goal lower so that I feel better about what I manage to achieve.  But, everyone is different.

It is pretty hot here with a high of 92 degrees predicted.  There is a slight chance of rain.

I spent a great deal of time debating the bid I received from the company I will call the Cadillac of local roofers.  Still not decided, but I did contact another roofer so I would have a choice.  They cannot come to give a bid until August, and then it could take up to two months for them to do the job.  Since nothing is leaking, I can wait.  Just not enthused over having to take a big hunk of money out of savings to pay for the roof.  

This morning I had the first of four OLLI chair yoga classes, and it was good.  But, I had forgotten that you are not supposed to eat very much before class.  Next time, I will eat breakfast before rather than after my walk.

I have a Walmart pick-up this afternoon, and I want to do some more exercise and cleaning.  Hope to spend some time reading as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is Susan's birthday.  Hope you have had a great day, Susan!

Honored Contributor

Uh oh I think we missed Susan's birthday (last week Thursday).

Belated greetings to you dear Susan @PAlady   

Happy Birthday Flowers Cutout Cookie Bouquet - Cookie Bouquets

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

You know I don't know why I even bother with the local weather folks around here.  It was more humid than they said it would be Woman Mad  The front yard was easy and took 30 minutes to mow.  Thank goodness for that walnut tree in my backyard.  I start from the outer edges of my yard and work inward like a concentric square so that I end up in the shade near the end.  Since I was already hot I pruned/shaped the forsythia.  That thing grows like crazy, I swear I just did it.  That took 90 minutes.  I got some exercise and fresh (hot) air so I expect I will sleep well tonight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Oops, better late than never I guess.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I do multiple times when I do the wash especially after the towels, blankets and sheets.

vent to outside of the house, if that gets clogged the dryer takes longer to cycle