Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JULY 1)

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm usually the last person that I pray for daily and 99.5% of my daily prayers for myself are gratitude related.  Every day I thank the Creator for my retirement.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I just caught the weather on the local 6 o'clock news and it looks like heat and humidity for the rest of the week around here.  One community south of me (wow, can't remember the name) has a real feel of 98 degrees when you factor in the heat and humidity.

I remember watching a movie with Matthew Broderick years ago called Biloxi Blues.  It was about a New Yorker (Matthew) who went to basic training in Biloxi Mississippi.

That movie has to be over 30 years old and when it gets this hot in SE Michigan, I remember Matthew Broderick carrying his large duffle on his shoulder as he's going to the barracks (I think).

He says, Boy it's hot.  This is hot. It never got this hot in Brooklyn.  It's like Africa hot.  So hot, Tarzan couldn't take this kinda hot.  Woman LOL

Here's a clip from the movie  Woman LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWuEBcBRkEM

Trusted Contributor

Ha ha Bernie that was funny....I remember it being hot in Brooklyn when I was a kid......no a/c and we were lucky to have a fan in the house that was all brick that held the heat like an oven.  Once in awhile my mom would take us to the beach.   Our cooling system was a hose attached to a sprinkler we had in the backyard......and you know what.......as kids we had fun during those hot days!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Genny1   Oh I know.  We had fans and that was it.  I grew up in Detroit on really hot days, the city fire department would open up the fire hydrants.  I vaguely remember something called Detroit Swim Mobile pulling up on a main street not far from my house.

Image result for detroit swim mobile

I remember saying what is that and my Ma simply saying No.  Woman LOL Woman LOL