Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day but rumor has it that there may be some snow coming to the southern part of the state. All I can say is that we are now 6 days closer to Spring.

I got an email from UPS that they are dropping off a couple of packages for me. Hopefully, they will be doing that at the house and not the Post Office. I'm in a lazy modwew and don't want to go to town to pick up packages.

I went to the city yesterday to have lunch with my niece and to give her a copy of the 2019 Facebook Pastbook I had ordered. I liked it so much that i have now ordered the decade version. It is a great way to organize memories. My niece is almost my age and spent most of her summers at our house as we grew up. Let's just say that I was a surprise to my parents.

I'm watching the Q now to take a break. I've been working at various things in the house. I set the timer via Alexa so I remain dedicated to a task for a specific reasonable time, and then take a break.

Right now, I am waiting for my organizing/storage shelves to arrive that were the TSV. I am preparing space for them by seeing what can go before they arrive.

I did take time for the exercise. I have a goal of 5 days a week, which I did meet last week. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 6)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you had a good visit with your niece and she liked the Facebook Passbook.  Hope UPS delivers your packages to your house.  I am forever setting Alexa alarms and timers, but, but I have not done it for cleaning/tidying tasks.  Good idea.  Glad you re getting in your exercise and hope the snow doesn't cause any problems for you.

I am back from strong bones class -- there were only three of us in attendance, but it went well.  Before class, I was having a bad morning since my computer kept going off the internet.  I kept getting it back on, but I was really frustrated.  This started yesterday, and I have turned off and on the modem, etc., multiple times.  I also plugged and unplugged it, turned the computer off, you name it.   Finally I figured out that it was something with my computer rather than my internet connection, since all my other wireless devices (like my Echo, phone, etc.) were connected.  Anyway, I hope that I have solved the problem, but time will tell.

Nothing exciting planned for the day.  I need to clean the outside of my kitchen cabinets, plus clean out my kitchen utensils (peeler, etc.) drawer.  Boy, is it a mess.  Lots more cleaning to do, but I want to pace myself since cleaning isn't my thing at all.  Much rather be walking, cooking, reading, etc.

I am still getting the hang of the antenna and streaming, but so far, so good.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and cool today. We had snow flurries last night but they melted as they hit the ground. It was still fun to see how happy the dogs were running around in them. They love the snow as do we.

I spent the weekend putting away all the Christmas trees, etc. The only thing left standing are the Santas. I have to declutter a space and find a plastic storage bin for them. Sunday I decided to declutter the garage storage area for the outside Christmas decorations before packing up this year's items. We now have all the items in the corner of the garage. Previously, I had the front yard items in the garage and the back yard items in the back shed. That plan sounded logical but that shed is overloaded with the garden supplies so it becomes quite the mess. I was pleased that I'm finally seeing progress ....and space....with my "mini' declutters. Eventually, it will all be completed. It just can't come soon enough for me. 

My order from Pier 1 arrived today. The kids gave me gift cards for Christmas so I finally ordered 2 large lanterns and tall candles. It was a good deal and with my gift cards, rewards $ and sale price I just could not pass them up. I still don't know what room I will put them in because I like them so much. These must be about 24" tall. I liked the shape of them because they seem to blend with any decor. 

Has anyone purchase from the Peria line that is a future TSV? My husband wants one of those for his t shirt storage. I read the reviews and they seem to be mixed and talk about a chemical smell. Just wondering.

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Sorry you are having issues with your computer accessing the internet. It is frustrating especially when trying to get a needed task accomplished. Your comment reminded me that I need to put the new cartridg into the laser printer. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can do it as the instructions for that printer are long gone. Glad the strong bones class went well. Good things can be accomplished in small numbers.

I think the snow will be going south of me. Snow is beautiful but it is hazardous on our crooked roads.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

@Fressa  I have an earlier set of those storage units and love them.there mayhave been a slight odor, but nothing lingering.

i like the easy access from the front. We are downsizing from 2 homes to 1( one is our winter home) and I am going to order a set to store items. 

(((hugs))) to jean, linda, birdmama, twinny and everyone who posts here.💖

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat   it's a beautiful sunny day here also.  The wind is kicking up a bit.  HSN shipped my neck pillow for the reformer last week and just shipped the reformer today.  I'm looking forward to exercising on it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that you are pulling in some channels with your antenna.  I bought cheapie rabbit ears by GE/Phillips and every once in a while another channel is added.  I get HSN (1 and 2), QVC and JTV over the air, lol.  I haven't tried streaming yet.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Fressa  We got a dusting of snow later yesterday afternoon and it was pretty to look at.  It was gone/melted by morning.  My dog Max loved the first snow of the season and all these years later I think of him first when I see snow, especially the first snowfall of the season.

I've never ordered from the Peria line and I've also read about the smells.  To be honest, most items like that come with a smell and air out pretty quickly.

Honored Contributor

I took down the Christmas lights on the front porch.  I also removed the garland that I wrapped out my yard post light.  Now my house looks plain like everyone else's, lol.

One strand of lights hit the garbage after I raided it for bulbs for the two other strands that look just like it.  As I was putting the lights away in the garage I found a box of more 3 more strands of tiny multi color lights (I like c6 lights) and a multicolor light net that goes over shrubs.  They all looked new and even though I was cold in the garage and thought about dealing with them in the spring, I said, nope, the purge starts now.

I have them listed on freecycle with a photograph that shows them operational.  If nobody wants them I'll recycle them at the next community electronics recycling event.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa  I have a set of those storage units on their way to me so I hope they work out well. I liked the different ways they could be used with the contents visible. I guess the TSV will be an upgraded version. Enjoy your Pier 1 order.

@Bird mamaI hope the pilates  equipment works well for you. If I ever find room in this tiny home, I might consider the pilates chair but lacking that perhpas resistance bands might suffice. Good job on the purging. Sometimes the tempatation to keep a discovered gem can be overpowering. I think I read once that if something hasn't been used but can be needed in the future then it can be purchased then.

UPS delivered to the house today V36853. I got two of them. They are not flimsy but very well made. They were securely packed into the boxes, so it was a challenge pulling them and their styrofoam protectors out of the boxes.