Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 4)

Good morning, shopping friends. I woke up at 5am ready to face the day. I'll be going to work at 11am.

I'm always double checking my credit on a quarterly basis. Today, I got a pleasant surprise. I'm starting the New Year with FICO scores in the low 800s on Equifax and very close to that on TransUnion and Experian.. It is certainly motivation to carefully monitor the financials for the coming year should I decide to get another car.

I did call the car insurance to see how much my insurance would be should I buy the model I am considering. They can only give a ballpark figure without the VIN number but basically it will be around $200 a year increase.

I have been sleeping like a log since I started taking the new med for the restless leg problem. It is a med that you have to start out with a small dose and then increase it. It was my thinking that if the starting dose is working so well then perhaps the prescribed dose isn't needed. As a result, I called the neurologist to see what could be done. They will be calling me back later, which means I'll likely be at work when they call.

I'm tryiing to make January a month in which I bite the bullet and not answer when "wanty" calls. I have more than enough right now but would be open to a Spring purchase...or more. Right now, I have plenty of winter items. As for the TSV, I don't need any make up right now. I prefer to buy Laura's items individually as I need them as I sometimes don't use all the items in a kit.

We had snow overnight, just a dusting but in some areas near me the roads are slick. How many days until Spring?

I'm thinking of Linda right now. Like Twinny, she has some family challenges right now. I know they are doing the best they can but having gone through this myself, it is so hard not to worry about what might lie ahead. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Arlene, I do hope you get the situation resolved.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 4)

Looks as if all are busy. I just finished talking to the car insurance company as I saw a discount possibility on the website. Basically, if your car is eligible, the company sends you a tracking device you plug into the slot for diagnostics. It tracks when you drive, how you drive, etc. and if determines you are a super safe driver, you might be eligible for up to 40% discounts. The key is "up to." Those who do not drive much at night (after Mdnight) and are not hard brakers will likely get a discount. My car isn't eligible but this "Big Brother" type gadget might be worth considering for the future.

I'm getting ready to go to work. Have a great day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning to everyone. Thanks @KonaKat, for starting the thread today.

Good for you for keeping watch of your credit score, also in checking with your insurance carrier, in case you should decide to purchase another vehicle at some point. Always a good idea. I'm glad you are sleeping better with the new med. Lack of sleep is debilitating, to say the least. Hope your day at school is a good one.

I am off to a slow start today. Hubby is back to work after the holidays, I have the house straightened, 1st of 3 loads of laundry going, but haven't managed to get much else done, or even started, lol. Maybe some ambition will kick in soon. The road crew showed up 2 hours ago, started up their equipment, and disappeared, guess they'll show back up later...maybe they feel kind of like I do this morning, lol. I did order a few things for the upcoming weddings/showers in my family, thanks to an internet "friend" who helped me find items I was having some trouble finding.  I am going to start some decluttering in a few minutes. It will be a mixture of items that over the past few weeks I decided can go. Hope everyone has a great day. Waves......

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Hi Jean and Snicks and all who follow!  I was very disappointed to see some mean girl comments on our thread yesterday, even from one who was warmly welcomed not too long ago.  I have always appreciated the harmony and supportiveness of our regular posters.  

I am resuming my "normal" routine today.  That means doing household chores, laundry, and working on my Bible study.  I also need to check on our ill goat and see how she's doing.  The weather forecast says that we really will be getting El Nino rains soon, with possible flooding.  Rain we could use, the flooding not so much.

(((hugs))) going out to those of you who are dealing with illness, who are caregivers of your loved ones, and to those who have a lot of stress in life and feel the need for the occassional vent.  ~  Charlene

Super Contributor

@cerb wrote:

Hi Jean and Snicks and all who follow!  I was very disappointed to see some mean girl comments on our thread yesterday, even from one who was warmly welcomed not too long ago.  I have always appreciated the harmony and supportiveness of our regular posters.  

I am resuming my "normal" routine today.  That means doing household chores, laundry, and working on my Bible study.  I also need to check on our ill goat and see how she's doing.  The weather forecast says that we really will be getting El Nino rains soon, with possible flooding.  Rain we could use, the flooding not so much.

(((hugs))) going out to those of you who are dealing with illness, who are caregivers of your loved ones, and to those who have a lot of stress in life and feel the need for the occassional vent.  ~  Charlene

Cerb

we are all entitled to vent. FhG is very negative and sometimes we just get tired of hearing the same old thing.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all, thanks for starting the thread Jean.

It's back in the work saddle for me too this morning.  We had some snow globe snow - fat fluffy flakes that blow around and don't stick - as I was driving to work this morning. 

I feel like I made up for lost time since January 1st by placing several online orders with various retailers.  The only expensive 'want' is a pricey jewelry box from the Q.  I've never had what I call a proper jewelry box and the Q had the best price out there and offered free shipping.  Fingers crossed (it's wood) that it makes it to my front porch undamaged.

Waving hello to everyone as I wonder how I am going to deal with 5 consecutive work days after two weeks of 3 on and 4 off :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

oops, lost my post again!  Perhaps it was best.  lol  I often feel like I am just blathering about myself anyway.  Hugs and hellos to all!

Trusted Contributor

Well, I've got all my animals fed, I've got laundry going, I've done some tidying, and am about to sit down and eat some breakfast and work on my lesson.  My fitbit tells me that I've walked 1,700 steps.  Woot! lol.  I checked on our goat Rosie and she's just doing so-so.  I hope she hangs in there.  

Hope you all have a pleasant Monday!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....cold,windy day here..25 degrees and we knew it had to come....but I kept saying to myself it will not get too cold after the mild fall we had...heck Christmas  day  was 68 here.  Tonight with the wind chill is expected to feel below zero...the sun is out though!

Charleen I hope Rosie bounces back....how old is she?  Do goats live a long time ?

Bernie with a shortened work week the past few weeks must be hard to get back into the swing of things.....I hope your work day today goes quick.  I hope your wood jewelry box arrives in one piece !

Snicks did the workers ever come back....has anyone said how long this job would take?

Not much going on here...my decos are still up...I think this is the best tree we have ever gotten....still no needles falling off...we always mix half water,half Sprite when we fill the holder,I had read that somewhere to do but the tree has never lasted this long....some years we'd had it a few days when the needles would start to drop and I'd be afraid to turn the lights on because it would be so dry. 

Have be a nice afternoon everyone....stay warm !     Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Genny1, lol, yes they eventually showed back up. I have no idea how long this could take. Right now they are digging up where they replaced the pipe/line in my front yard, as we experienced a sewage backup after they installed the fire hydrant. Apparently they are having trouble finding the crack in the lines...no surprise there, lol. Needless to say I am very watchful now when I run any appliance (washer, dishwasher, etc), as that was a mess I don't want to deal with again. My front yard just keeps looking worse and worse, I hope to see it all nicely smoothed out and with new grass planted once they eventually get done.

"To each their own, in all things".