Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 3)

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's finally cold today--mid 20's. YIPPEE!  Snow is to appear in the evening. The dogs are outside playing like they're puppies and not 8 and I can breathe. The sun is out so that's a nice change from all those cloudy days.

LindaLatte---Sorry to hear above Bev's setback. Crossing my fingers that the doctors can get that handled  for her.

I watched QVC tthis am while doing some laundry. It was nice to see MaryBeth. You really see the difference between the "veteran" hosts and how they present all the details of the items and some of the others. Nothing caught my eye which is a good thing. I still am adjusting to the "clearance" prices..  I have returns to tackle but I may wait until next week for that "fun". 

We stil have our Christmas trees and decorations up. We aren't celebrating Christmas until next weekend with the kids. I got sick again and so did the grandson. I wanted to make sure we had ample time to recover from our flu so I wouldn't catch it again. I have low reistence so I'm super careful.

Did you see the notice that Ali Carr will take the Tuesday beauty show that Elise had? She should do a nice job. It appears that they are juggling most of the hosts and programs around a bit for the NewYear. I wish they would juggle the prices down rather than up but it will be a strong deterant for me to stick to not ordering a "want".

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 3)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad the weather suits you, and you will be getting some snow.  Good idea to delay your family celebration until you and your DGS are well.   

It is sunny and cool here, and is supposed to get up to 70 degrees later in the week.  That is my type of weather.  

Just heard from Bev that she agrees with her doctor that the kidney should be removed and the ureter as well if necessary.  He is trying to line up a vascular surgeon and is hoping for Wednesday.  Thanks for your concern.

My DD and SIL have bad colds.  Fortunately, they didn't get much snow, so she was able to take DGD for a neurologist appointment today -- just routine.  

I am waiting for my Walmart order to be ready.  So far, I have done an exercise DVD and a little cooking, but have more cooking plans for later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I have watched a little Q today, but nothing is tempting me to order -- thank goodness.  Between the lack of need and prices, it isn't too difficult to resist.

Honored Contributor

Fressa it was 9 degrees when I awoke this morning which explained why I felt chilly when I opened my eyes, lol.  Sun was out all day and the wildlife enjoyed it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner the other night.  I've grown so accustomed to running errands in daylight since I retired that I think twice about driving around at dark.  I used to drive home from work in the dark so I find this new attitude of mind kind of amusing.

Kidney removal is no small thing however I'm prayerful this will benefit Bev in the long run.  The poor woman can only go so long losing blood, getting transfusions.  I appreciate that the doctor wanted to approach this conservatively in the beginning however it sounds like the kidney needs to go.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise