Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN 20)

Good Morning, Ladies!  I saw on FB that Jean was up early and already busy in her house and exercising.  Hope your weather is okay, Jean, and you can get a bit more sleep tonight.  I slept pretty well after I worked on my big toe -- it was aching, and I was worried that it might require medical attention (ingrown toenail or something?), but I managed to wrap it up so it didn't bother me last night.

It is mostly sunny and nice here, but they are predicting strong winds later in the day, and cooler and cloudy weather tomorrow.  Certainly much better than many areas of the country.

I did order some Cuddl Dud's pants yesterday when there was no S&H.  They had been on my wishlist for a long time, and I decided to try them out.  Just a casual pant for wearing around the house or walking.  I think the TSV might be okay for those purposes, but are way overpriced in my opinion.  Also, I am not too crazy about the style.  I hope any who order them enjoy them very much.

Sort of a funny story -- I purchased an Amaryllis plant (bulb in a container) from Wal Mart around Thanksgiving.  I had an Amaryllis years ago and really liked it as a Christmas "decoration". But this time, no blooms came out until yesterday.  I guess the bulb got the date wrong.  

This morning I will be having my hospice volunteer evaluation and then going to my first OLLI class of the "semester".  The class is about Pearl Buck, and I am re-reading "The Good Earth".  Really enjoying the book which I read many, many years ago.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and stays safe and warm if you are in the cold zone.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  Much to my surprise, my Linea jacket has shipped from CA, so it looks like I may get it well before the predicted Friday delivery date.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN 20)

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your weather sounds great in comparison to mine, although I can't complain too much as it is just cold. I know you will enjoy the Linea jacket. Also enjoy the Cuddl Duds pants. We share the same opinion about the TSV...cute but too expensive for its intended use. Pearl Buck is one of our state's most noted people despite spending most of her time in China. At least we can claim her as being born here.

Getting up early enabled me to get the room ready for one set of those TSV organizer shelves. I know the reviews are mixed but I read carefully and knew these would fit exactly where I intended to use them. I did receive the replacement casters for the one set which was missing them. I did notice that they shipped from the origami shelving company so it would appear that company makes different lines. My shelves are very stable but I also used the locking mechanism on the back to secure them.

I did get in 50 minutes of exercise while watching reruns of this season's 600 Lb. Life. I briefly had the Q on this morning long enough to see the TSV presented in one of those rebroadcast segments.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mamaFressa posted today on yesterday's thread a response to your dryer noise. I have copied it here:

@FressaI copied your response on today's thread to Bernie's dryer noise t

Best story I've heard in a long time!!! I've been there. It's usually Thor(male GSD)  and I that are up searching for what alerted him as the female GSD stays in bed and protects "Daddy". It drives me crazy until I can locate what is it or what was it. I think the sub dued sounds are worse than a thud. Glad you solved your mystery. Hope this night goes better for you

Well, I have my organizer shelves I installed today filled with pantry items. I work tomorrow so it is now time to rest, finish a book and then see what else I can do while I have motivation.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I was up around 5:15 this morning.  My sister and I decided to go out for breakfast before seeing Dolittie with Robert Downey Jr.  The breakfast was lousy and one day I will learn that most restaurants don't know how to make potato pancakes, lol.  The movie is getting lousy reviews and for the life of me I don't know why - I enjoyed it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise