Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN.17)

Hi Everyone!

We have snow and lots of it! We have a good 10" plus and more coming. It took the hubby charging the SnowJoe batteries twice to get most of the snow from the driveway and parking pad and around all the garbage cans for us and the neighbors. He cleared a path in the cul de sac so the garbage truck could turn. (if it shows up today) If not, it will still be less that needs cleared for tomorrow or later this afternoon. We just shoveled the patio for the dogs. 

Hope everyone is safe and keeping warm.

I only saw a bit of the Q this morning. Ali Carr mentioned that she would have the 7-9Am Monday show now. Kierston was on with Sport Savvy. I liked SS when they had it years ago but am not a fan of Kierston. I also didn't want to be tempted so  I found some DIY programs to watch while I drank my coffee. I think that's the current plan to keep me on budget.

Our DIL's father goes in for another procedure tomorrow. This should be the last one in the list of tests to determine what else is wrong and the path forward. We have our fingers crossed that it all goes well. Our son is working crazy hours and is having some health problems. I think he is sleep deprived and over stressed so hopefully he will get some relief starting Tuesday. 

Prayers for everyone that are still waiting for a bed, doctor or good news. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN.17)

Fressa, it's a good thing that you have a snowblower and your dh can take care of it.  We just got a dusting yesterday, so my dh used a broom in the driveway this morning.  I had it marked on the calendar to watch Sport Savvy at 8:00 our time.  Then I was fixing breakfast and remembered at 8:25.  I did look at the previous things on my tablet.  I was hoping to see capris as I had several pairs years ago with nice matching tops.  They were so nice for traveling.  I am sorry to hear that your dil's dad is going in for a procedure tomorrow and your ds isn't feeling well.  Like you said prayers for those waiting for a bed, Dr. or good news.

After buying a spray bottle to touch up the coffee stain I made last week,  the carpet is clean.  Yippee!  

I had a nice lunch out with 2 of my former co-workers.  It's always nice to get together with them.  Dinner is meat loaf which I am not fond of,  but my dh enjoys it.  I do like the baked potato.  

It's a beautiful sunny day.  I could take two more months of this.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad your DH was able to take care of the snow.  Hope you are keeping warm.  I saw on FB that a neighbor cleaned off Jean's driveway, and she was very pleased.  It took some time to find out who did the good deed.  Sounds like your DH does some good deeds for the neighbors/neighborhood.

Hope your DIL's father's surgery goes well, and your son feels better.  Apparently my oldest DGS tested negative for COVID, because he was traveling to PA for work today.  Hope his wife is coping with the storm they were expecting in New Hampshire and he did okay in PA.

I didn't see the Sports Savvy show.  I liked the Big Deal for the day -- polka dot shirt -- but not enough to pay the price they are asking.  Not a difficult decision to pass it up, which is a good thing.  

Glad you had sunny weather and were able to have lunch with your former co-workers, Glenda.  Enjoy your baked potato.  Seems like a lot of men really enjoy meatloaf.  I could take it or leave it back when I was eating meat.

I heard from Barbara, and her DH didn't have a good day yesterday -- he asked for a pain pill and had bad hallucinations.  He pulled out his oxygen, and Barbara could not get it back in due to pain/problems with her hands.  Hospice was supposed to be coming to help.  Meanwhile, Barbara is exhausted and in pain.  She plans to contact her doctors tomorrow to see if she can get earlier appointments.  Her children are urging her to have her husband moved to a hospice facility since it is just too difficult for her to care for him at home, and I think she is planning to do so.  

This afternoon, I visited Bev, and she isn't doing that well.  Very weak due to the loss of blood.  Her doctors have told her to eat a lot of red meat, and she is having difficultly doing so since she prefers chicken and fish.  She found out that the treatments she is supposed to start -- one day a week for six weeks -- are not chemo but anti-inflammatory infusions(?).  They are designed to reduce the bladder inflammation plus help stop the bleeding.  Meanwhile, she found out that her hemoglobin is pretty low again -- just barely above the level that requires transfusions.

Her spirits are pretty good considering all of her health issues, and I made her promise to keep me in the loop rather than waiting for me to ask how she is doing.

I'm sure both Barbara and Bev would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts.

I was surprised that my Walmart order was ready right on time (even a little early) this morning.  A few things were not included, but most were.  That was good news.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays warm, safe, and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Wow @Fressa  you really got hit with the snow.  It's a good thing that snowjoe batteries didn't take all day to recharge.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you had fun with your former co-workers at lunch Glenda @twinny70 

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I thought the Sport Savvy Big Deal was cute however I didn't order it for the same reason - I didn't think the price was that big of a deal Woman Very Happy  I'm happy to read that your DGS tested negative for the virus.

As hard as it is going to be for Barbara, and you walked this road Linda, I think moving V to a facility is a wise decision for him and her.  My prayers continue for Barbara and her family.

I don't think eating red meat is going to do anything for Bev at this point. God bless her, she is also in my prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--I was looking for the Sport Savvy crop pants also. they lasted for years. I liked a few items but the prices were too high for me.

I'm glad you had a nice time with your former co-workers. It's always relaxing to have a lunch and catch up with everyone's activities and news. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Sorry to hear the news about Barbara's husband and Bev's situation. It's never easy when it's time to move a loved one into 24 hour care. I did that with my Mom and it's a difficult decision. I tried to remember that I was not qulaified for all her medical needs and no longer could provide the 24 hour care that she then required. She did well and adjusted quickly. 

Bev's situation has got to be so frustrating (ignoring the pain and discomfort) for her. Its good that she has a positive attitude. I swear by that. I sure hope those doctors get their act together so Bev is on the correct path for her best chance. 

I will keep both of them in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Our second wave os snow missed us by a fw miles last night. Another wave of artic temps and snow is forecasted for a few days from now. Not sure where we're going to stack this next round of snow. This round is almost near the top of the wishing well. The cat that is such a good hunter has still been out making his rounds. I was surprised by that. He likes to snooze on our front porch rugs or near our family room window. Those must be the warm spots.