Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 15)

[ Edited ]

Twinny--Snow is beautiful but it can present challenges for those who have to get out and travel on narrow, crooked roads.

If I could find a picture I saw on FB, I would post it here. Basically, it was one of our DOH trucks that went into a deep ditch trying to clear a narrow two-lane road.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

I did order an black and navy i/m s/v.....his shirts have a nice weight to them.     I was living ip in Maine then we had that big snow fall Jean......I don't remember it but usually we always had big snow storm......couldn't wait for spring although we had " mud season" instead of spring.....and after my 1st one living up there I knew why.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Thanks to you and others who shared the uplifting MLK comments.  As you know, I totally agree about winter weather.  You would be much happier here as far as the weather goes.  It was cool in the morning (40's), but is in the 70's now. 

I ordered and then canceled the TSV, but I ended up ordering a different (somewhat similar) IM pima cotton tunic.  I have two of his tunics (from eBay), and I absolutely love the fabric.  I saw a post promoting the LLBean pima cotton instead, and I considered that suggestion.  But, then I remembered that I was pretty disappointed in the LLBean pima cotton turtleneck I ordered.  Just not as nice as IM's and it is pretty "boxy" as they say. 

I certainly did not need a new top, or any clothing, but I have been considering the tunic I purchased for many months, and it isn't all that much more expensive than the TSV.  Like you, I'm not crazy about the high/low hems, and the neckline didn't seem that good for my "turkey neck".  My neck is a real sore point for me.  Anyway, I hope the shirt is as nice as I hope.  As far as the tunic part goes, I am short, but I find they work well with my Women With Control leggings.  

I did find a couple of items to donate, so at least my closet won't be even fuller.  

Waves to Marijane, meallen, Bernie, twinny, and all of our posters and readers.  If you do pray for snow, twinny, please make sure you mention your location.  

Not much exciting going on here.  I had strong bones class, visited, DH, and picked up a few groceries.  I still need to do my ironing, but I got my weekly financial review done yesterday.  DH was okay, but seemed a little agitated and didn't talk much at all.  He ate well, which is good.

Sleep well everyone, and please stay safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Arlene it's nice to see you post again.  Your kitties are cute.

I've been checking in daily, but my life's kind-of boring so I don't have much to add.  Always nice to see how you all are doing though.  CA needs snow in the mountains and rain everywhere else.  Maybe not so much that we get mudslides, but just regular ole' rain.  

Waves to everyone!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, we live in S. WI & we have a 100 mile snowmobile trail so snow is vital for tourism.    One of our neighbors has 5 snowmobiles & another one has 3 of them.  Lot's of  our local towns  also have ice carvings & parades followed by hot chocolate.  We think nothing about dressing  in layers & going out in the daytime unless it is below zero.  It  puts pep in our step.  Lol.