Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 15)

Good morning, shopping friends.  I'm watching the Weather Channel while awaiting the next weather event. We have a winter advisory starting at 6pm but flurries are already making themselves known.

I am on a non-shopping kick right now, at least for non-essentials. Clothing I definitely don't need so the TSV will not be coming home to me. It has two major strikes against it: tunic length which for someone short isn't a good look plus I don't like  hi-low hems. The neckline also looks a little wider than I normally wear, so there is the possibility of bra strap showing unless tape were used to secure the neckline. Does the Q still sell Hollywood tape?

I did my exercise this morning, and should be doing some things around the house but motivation just isn't there. Winter is not my friend. I could almost go to sleep and wake up when it is Spring.

Since this is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I will leave you with one of his comments which can have meaning for all of us:

If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN. 15)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat

Love the quote from Dr. King.  It's how I live and he said it far better than I could.

I just web bill payment the electric, gas and cell phone bills.  After that I'm not feeling the shopping urge either, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Good morning! Good job on getting those payments done. That reminnds me I need to pay the water bill. That is the only one I can't pay online.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I also dislike hi low hemlines & a too long tunic on my 5' 1/2" body.  Beautiful quote. Just beautiful.

Bird Mama, I am sending snow your way.

We got our biggest shoe of the season.  We go 3" overnight & maybe an inch or two more by tonight.  It was very manageable for my DH & the snowblower.  The sad thing is that it will be gone in a few days when we are in th 40's.

I will be busy sending out birthday card's this week & next week.  Our DD will 45 on Thursday & Christopher will 17 on Saturday.  Andrew will 15 next Thursday & I have a Big One next Saturday.  I just pray that we can all stay safe & healthy.  They have all been such a blessing to my DH & myself.

My DH went to a family friends visitation yesterday afternoon & stood in the receiving line for over 2 hours.  It is a good thing that I stayed home.  It's also a good thing that we didn't plan to go to the funeral this morning.

It will be in the 20's  & sunny & then we will be getting our January thaw starting on Thursday for several days.  Then we will wait to see what the Ground Hog has to say.

It was so nice to see Arlene posting yesterday too.  Prayers that she continues to do well with her PT.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, another cold one here...we had our snow forecast moved up from a few inches tomorrow into Wednesday to a "could be 8 inches"...... I don't knownTwinny but I keep thinking all our snow is really meant for you but somehow the direction of it gets lost!  YOu sure have a lot of birthdays coming up..

Bernie I was thinking before that you only have a few more months to go before you don,t have to go out in the mornings and fight the bad weather......

It was good to see Arlene post last night, I hope you are on the road to recovery and your eBay business is a great success.  SOrry about your kitties,the new ones are adorable, maybe Whisper will show up at your doorstep some day .

I hope you make out ok on the coming snow too Jean....spring will be soon....that is what I keep telling myself.  I think Saturday it was  fifty degrees when I got up and when I went to bed that night it was six!

HAve a nice day everyone.......stay warm.......Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70  I think we are just getting a dusting (couple of inches) of snow.  I'll wait until later then take my magic shovel out and scrape up what's out there.  We are expecting a bit of a warm up - 40's by the end of this week into the weekend.  Our roads were doing well until the subzero temps and sudden warm up (50's).  Honestly, driving takes even more concentration as there are pot holes and serious craters to avoid.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Well, here comes an inch or two of sloppy, slushy, snow, so they say???

Enjoy your day, be well,

http://p10cdn4static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_54272/Image/Article%20Pictures/mlk.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s6C_xDdObvE/VT4OHh83VYI/AAAAAAAAjH0/uz7AaX4k8pU/s1600/MONDAY.png

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I would be quite happy to send snow somewhere. We are only expected to get 1-3 inches but that 1 inch is too much as far as I am concerned. It is just enough for the cold to create bad driving conditions, especially on low priority roads for the State to clear. Translated, that means paved side roads are the last to be cleared. Happy birthdays to all celebrating in your family. Good health is to be treasured!

Marijane--Like you, I keep thinking Spring will soon be here but I also remember the 1993 Storm of the Century that shut down the East Coast with its blizzard was in late March. I also remember snow on my birthday in early April. I don't put much faith in the groundhog. Poor thing is sleeping away and these humans pull him out of his snug and comfy hole!

meallen--Thanks for the very appropriate graphic. I do hope your snow is a minimum one inch and  not the five inches.

I'm watching the Weather Channel and all the wrecks from being on snowy and ice-covered roads. I'm supposed to work tomorrow. I don't really want to venture out so I hope if there is snow that it is bad enough to call the day off.

Esteemed Contributor

I had better quit praying for snow.    The biggest snow storm that I can remember was at the end of April on my DH's birthday.   Our DD was born in January & I was afraid that we wouldn't make it across town to the hospital.  That was in 1973.  He walked to work luckily & I was a SAHM.

Trusted Contributor

lOL TWinny.....I think your prayers are being answered in the wrong States❄️❄️⛄️⛄️😀