Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN 13)

Good morning, shopping friends. I went to the bank to deposit a check and then to the Post Office to pick up some resistance band exercise gadget that had great reviews on HSN. My first exercise will be that of opening the package at some point. I then went to the supermarket to pick up some items.

When I got back, I decided it was time to assemble at least one of the Pop-It organizer shelves I had ordered when a TSV. Heavy little item in the packaging but I have little upper body strength lately. I had no problem assembling it until I started looking for the casters. No casters! I really like t he item as it works perfectly where I plan to use them, but I want my casters.

I called the company and got a busy signal. Tried that three times, and then called QVC which is trying to see what they can do.I decided to call the company again, and had sucess but it took me almost a half hour. Now, we wait to see if I get the casters. If not, I was promised on air that the shelves held more weight without the casters. Now, I just need to get heavy duty shelving liners. If I don't get the casters, I'll likely call QVC and ask for a price adjustment.

Amazingly,  this little activity wore me out from playing telephone chase, etc. Since I work tomorrow, I'll likely relax some this afternoon.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JAN 13)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I think I would be a bit worn out doing all you have done this morning.   Sorry the shelves were missing the casters.  Hope the company and/or QVC comes through with them.   Chasing down things like that can make me feel tired.

I'm back from strong bones class, and I was the leader again today.  The regular leader has missed several classes lately, and I hope she is back next week since I probably will not attend.  I'm not sure that it would bee advisable to try to do the exercises so soon after my varicose vein procedure on Friday.

One of the ladies at the class (also in my Caregivers group) said that she and her husband (currently in assisted living) will be moving back to Colorado in the spring.  Apparently, their children suddenly (after more than a year) decided that they would like to have their parents back in Colorado.  And, they have located a place where she and her husband can be nearby (he will be in assisted living but she will be in independent living).  Of course, she is nervous about the move, but I know she is happy to be back near her kids.

It is sunny but cool here so far, but should make it up to the upper 60's today.  My only plans are for a walk later plus doing some cleaning and possible sorting/de-cluttering.

It is funny how new equipment/exercises can make you feel muscles that you haven't felt in a while, Bernie.  Hope your pilates purchase turns out to be a very good one.

The TSV doesn't appeal to me, so I think I'm safe from the Q today, but yesterday I decided to order a new electric toothbrush from Amazon.  I really like my toothbrush, but it isn't holding a charge for long.  From past experience, I know that isn't a good sign.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry that your shelving unit didn't come with casters Jean @KonaKat  Moving the unit with ease was supposed to be one of the selling points.  Did the feet (so to speak) come with little plugs or is it open metal?

Back in the day when I received my total gym, one of the rollers under the bed (?) was broken.  I called the total gym people and they shipped me the part.  I also had a broken part with the convert a bench; that company has excellent customer service.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I did some rebounding last night on the reformer Linda @LindaLatte  

I used the neck pillow and that helped alot.  I tried really hard to relax while I was rebounding.  That's kind of hard for me when I am concentrating on keeping my spine, pelvis, shoulders and neck neutral Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is cool but will warm up into the 50's. That's the forecast for the entire week until cold temps on Friday/Saturday. I didn't see rain in the forecast but the patio is muudy. UGH!! 

I decluttered my stash of gift boxes that I had been saving forever over the weekend. I am a big fan of the gift bags they sell on the Q. It speeds up the wrapping process by 50% or more. I do keep a few rolls of wrapping for the oversized items. It felt great to put those boxes in the recycle. I finally have all my gift wrap supplies in one place. This running back & forth or up and down the steps needs to slow down a bit for me. I really didn't realize how many times I was doing it. I had purchased the B.L. wrapping container when it was a Lunchtime special. It is really nice. Now, I'm kicking myself that I did not buy 2 instead of 1 but who knew?

Today is my usual heavy laundry day and paying bills. I have my husband's birthday tomorrow so I have gifts to wrap.

The storage cubes (TSV) are due to arrive this week. I think I may start with the linen closet first. I can at least shut that door if it's not an easy fix. LOL You just never know how a project will go.. Fingers crossed

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.  

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa  what pattern did you choose in the storage cubes?

Honored Contributor

Wow did I stumble across a great sale Woman Wink  I've talked before here about my love for Easy Spirit Explore24 clogs.  I wear a pair of Easy Spirit clogs around the house day in and day out, like a house shoe.

It started with the style Eliana.  I have a high arch and the strap across the top of the foot (see the triangular looking bone thing) is adjustable.

Eliana Suede Clogs

Easy Spirit seems to be in the process of retiring the Eliana little by little.  They introduced the Equip which I started wearing in 2018.

Equip Clogs

Wow, sorry that second shoe is so big Woman Surprised

I pitched an old pair of Dr Scholls slip ons that I was wearing around the house until I broke them down and I put on my Equips in the navy blue suede today.

It hit me that I had no spares so I cruised the Easy Spirit site and ordered two more pairs of the Equip.  One in olive and one in wine.

I've paid $79 for this shoe.  When you wear a shoe day in and out until you break it down, you get your $79 worth Woman Very Happy.

Total cost for today's two pair of clogs $68.  I'm over the moon happy and am now set for 'house shoes' for another year (I tend to switch out every 6 months).

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you Bernie!   What a great deal you got.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the grey for my husband's closet and the grey damask for my closet. He had already seen the the grey and said he liked the look of them. How often does that happen? Then I thought about the spare room closet where I keep all the bedding and ordered the blue metalic. This was my favorite color. I'm hoping it will eliminate the plastic bins that I have in there and organize the top shelf a bit more.