Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FERUARY 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is a beautiful, sunny day here, and it should make it into the 70's.  I know some of you prefer the cold weather and snow, but this is more to my liking.

I'm back from "strong bones" class (three of us participated), and I have been assigned a new hospice patient -- she is in an assisted living home, and I will call them before attempting to visit.  I will go over to the hospice office to pick up a home-made "lap" type blanket donated to hospice and take it to my new patient whenever I can visit (hoping for today). Meanwhile, it seems like the other patient may not work out (long story), but I have my fingers crossed. 

Everything yesterday went great.  I have decided to join the church, and that will happen next Sunday.  The show (it was called "class of 1970" and featured hit songs from that year) was wonderful.  Very talented group, especially one of the lead singers who also had fabulous costumes.  The dinner after the show was also very good, and I have plenty leftover for dinner tonight.  

I know Jean went to the doctor this morning, and I'm hoping he or she had some suggestions for her knee/leg pain that keep her up almost all last night.

Sandy Sparkles posted on yesterday's thread, and I will try to copy her post here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FERUARY 17)

Spoiler

Sandy Sparkles post is below.  Love, your spring tablescape, Sandy!

------------

Hello shopping buddies! It rained all day with a few storms thrown in-no surprise there. Looks like partial sunshine is in store for tomorrow. I finally started my spring tablescape with the Valerie hurricanes that I recently purchased. Today I picked up the Temp-tations heat resistant gloves in the romance pattern to match sets that I already have. I just love free shipping!

Valerie #2.jpgSpring tablescape with Valerie hurricanes.jpg

@KonaKat   I hope the weather shines on you tomorrow also, and congratulations on your weight loss!😊

@LindaLatte  I'm glad you have found a church you love!

@twinny70  I would love to have relaxed in a hot tub today. Hopefully, the snow will change it's course away from you..

@birdmama  I feel the same way about the color pink.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't post for a few days because the QVC forum system would not recognize my signon & password. Seems they did an update and I was one of the "few" it had a problem with. sure wish they would have posted that ntoice some place. Oh well...it's finally fixed.

The weather is cold but no snow. The sun is out so it's melting the frozen patio. BOO! The mud looks like it's making a return. Planting grass and finding a fench guy is first on my list for the Spring "to do". 

It looks like I may finally have a resolve to my prespripton problems. I'll find out tomorrow when I go to the pharmacy. I talked to the doctor on Friday and apparently there was some kind of mix up with the "new" prescription. I was pleased that he called to explain everything. This morning his nurse phoned to explain the other prescription problem and that it is now resolved.  I'm hoping it doesn't take my system too long to adapt to all the new medicines. Fingers crossed.

Today I was able to read everyone postings. It sounds like everyone has been so busy and doing well with their fitness. Nice activities that everyone finds. Nice Spring tablescape from Sandy Sparkles. I still have my valentines hearts hanging. i did see some of my spring bulbs attempting to sprout so I'm hopeful that I will have a few more blooms this year than last. 

I still have lots of reorganzing and clearing out  left on my list. Yesterday I measured the guest closet to see where I could fit the new stacking bins that I ordered. I think I might gain an extra shelf unit of space with some minor construction and rearranging. WOO-Hoo!!! My husband decided he wants to expand his work area in the work room so I'll need to get busy with declutering on one wall in there. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hey Linda @LindaLatte  I hope that the visit with your new hospice patient goes well and that she likes the lap blanket.  I guess I grew up in the Catholic Church where I made my sacraments.  I went to the grade school of the same Saints name and it seems like I was a member since birth.

I've never formally joined another parish or church.  Will there be a ceremony for you and other new comers? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles   Your tablescape is lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I understand it, we will be introduced in front of the congregation and agree to a short statement, Bernie.   That is how it was with the other church that I joined here.  Interestingly enough one of the ladies in my strong bones class also goes to the "old" church, and she said they (she and her male friend) wished the pastor got to the point faster in her sermons rather than just wander around.  I know that was something that bothered me as well.

I went out to get the lap blanket, and there was an accident at the closest stop light.  An officer came and told me to sit tight since she was alone.  I saw a man being loaded into the back of an ambulance, so I am sure it was serious.  Anyway, a bunch of cars were behind me, and a man told me that I should go ahead and turn left since the accident was on the right side.  I told him what the officer said, and he said she was busy, and I should just go ahead.  Definitely not.  Anyway, it took quite a while to go a short distance, but I got the blanket, and then went for a walk on the "new" trail I found the other day.  Wow, was it beautiful.

Glad you are back on-line here Fressa.  Sounds good about your prescriptions and re-organizing.  

Honored Contributor

Yea @Fressa   Some days the forums here get tempermental.  Last year I couldn't sign in no matter what so I emailed the moderators and asked if I was banned and didn't know it Woman Very Happy  You never know around here.  I was assured that I didn't break any rules so I gave it a couple of days and was able to get back in.

I'm glad that you are nearing the end of the RX drama - it's frustrating for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Hi - another sunny day here.  Yesterday the entire family got out and pruned all of our bougainvillea and some other bushes and then put everything through a small chipper shredder that my DH purchased last year.  Lots of work.  We also weeded a small area of the succulent garden.  I continued the weeding today, then did more restful activity on the computer.  Still coughing from my cold, but I know that I'm improving.  I wonder if I'm still contagious?   Dinner tonight is some pork I put in the slow cooker with golden mushroom soup, rice, and broccoli.  

Waves to everyone ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte , @Bird mama  Thank you! It is a work in progress. I hope each of you had a good day😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖