Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. I'm not working today but that is fine as I'm scheduled to work two days later in the week. Tomorrow, I have a hair appointment scheduled in the city but if called for work at the last minute, I will make a decision.

I was tempted to get the IM crops that were a reasonable price and put two pair in my cart while I read reviews. As usual, the reviews are mixed...shrinking, front cut so low that it came down to belly button versus the good comments. By the time I read all the reviews, I decided they were a want and I could easily wait until later in the year I have tried his line twice and was not happy with the fit on me.

I did call the cardiology office to make an appointment for my six month followup, which will be on April 20.  My initial appointment with the new orthopedic practice is February 17. Sometime in that range, I will have to see my primary for the usual followup and lab. I do my best to support the medical community.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB 3)

@KonaKat   I'm trying not to shop wisely today.......actually I'm trying not to shop at all for awhile!  My "thing" is gemstone jewelry, and I did some serious damage over the weekend with the Tucson event on ShopHQ!  They had a lot of rainbow sapphire style jewelry (my biggest weakness), and I just couldn't stop myself.  Those value pays will have me enslaved for the next six months!  Cat Surprised

I got the email from QVC today about the gemstone jewelry event coming this week.  I may have to unplug my TV and DVR that day.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon shopping buddies! 

I purchased the Valerie mini hurricanes on 1/25, and received them a few days later. They are BEAUTIFUL!  The lightning fast delivery was very appreciated. I purchased several items during the SHQ fashion sale last week, and saved over 150.00 dollar!!! It felt like Christmas.😁

@KonaKat  I too, have been on the fence before about a purchase because of mixed reviews, and later decided to take the plunge with hit or miss results. I love it when it is a HIT.😊 I have only made a few Issac clothing purchases over the years, which I love, but I am a collector of his fashion watches. I have not purchased one in a few years, but I think I'll take a peek at the new collection. I pray for good results for you, at your follow-up cardiology appt.

@2blonde  I enjoyed shopping there last week as well, and feel your easy pay pain, but LOVE it.😁 Enjoy your purchases!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

This week is "Spring" like and then it snaps back to winter. Needless to say that the dogs and I have allergies, sinus, etc. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe it will prompt me to get some of my medical appts. checked off my list.

Tomorrow I'm going to start switiching files around and preppinfg for the taxes. UGH!!!! The booklet from our accountant is a bit lengthy but we are pleased with his work.It always takes me a day or two for the detailed listing for the household charity items. So time consuming but it's a good cause. I like to help the needy in our area first.

Yesterday I spent some time in the work room getting the heavy items moved to a new spot. It seemed that I kept having to lift the patio umbrellas to find the drop cloths, etc. I did manage to clear a couple of small spaces so I was happy about getting started and making a plan of attack down there. I have a few oversized items that I still don't know what to do with. Eventually, I 'll figure something out. My husband has more equipment and tools and needs more space to work and let things dry. My goal is just to have the donation box in that room.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat   I think it was probably a good idea to hold off on the IM crops since his previous pant styles didn't work for you.

I hope that you scored some decent prices on your new jewelry @2blonde .  

I'm glad that you like your new VPH hurricanes @SandySparkles   I ordered the most recent Lock and Lock TSV last Wednesday and am looking forward to receiving it.  

It's been mostly sunny two days in a row @Fressa   This morning Leah asked viewers if we wanted more winter or the groundhog promised early spring.  I don't mind more winter, lol. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is always difficult to decide when there are mixed reviews for an item.  And, the fact that the other IM order did not work out is probably a sign that you need to be cautious.  I have quite a few pairs of IM ankle pants -- all the same style, but different colors.  Most were ordered from eBay, and I felt safe in ordering the same pair since the first one worked out so well.  Anyway, I have black, navy, grey, and chocolate.  They are not ankle pants on me since i'm short.

Good luck with your cardiologist and other doctors.  Hope you are feeling better and got more rest last night.

Hi Laura.  Jewelry isn't my weakness, but I am glad you found several nice items to order.  Tucson is the nearest city to my house, and the annual gem and mineral show is quite a draw.  I bet if you lived out here you would be buying even more jewelry.

Happy you are so pleased with your VPH hurricanes Sandy Sprinkles.  I hope you like your bargain fashion items.

Good luck with your tax preparation, Fressa.  I used to use an on-line program (I think associated with Turbo Tax) to record my donations.  I really liked it because I could often find an item I had donated and an appropriate price.  I got out of doing that when I started using an accountant for the taxes.  He did give me quite a large packet to fill out, and it did take time.  This year, I am back to Turbo Tax again.  While I have made several item donations to the local thrift shop and animal shelter, I think I'll end up taking the standard deduction this year.  Hope the weather improves for you and your pets.

I am not a lover of winter, Bernie.  Unfortunately, we will be having much cooler weather for the rest of the week.  It made it up to the 60's today, but very windy.  And, tonight it will be going down to the 20's.  

It has been a busy day for me.  I had strong bones class and then my Pearl Buck class that went for at least 45 minutes extra.  It was well past 1:30 when I got home, and I was hungry and thirsty, but one of my friends called and we talked and talked.  Finally, I was able to have some lunch.

DGS' wedding is not scheduled for July and is turning out to be a "big deal".  His fiance's mother has decided to go all out -- have the wedding at a country club, more than 100 guests, etc., etc.  To be continued.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  I was soooo tempted to order that TSV in the rose gold, to match some other pantry storage sets I have, but somehow refrained😁. It's such a nice set, but the handles really impressed me. I hope you enjoy your purchase.😊

@Fressa  Whew! It sounds like you have been quite busy. It's so nice when we are able to stand back, and see the fruit of our labor. Giving back is so important, and I just love your charitable spirit. Tax time makes me cross my eyes too🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte  Ty so much! I will be sure to post pictures once I set my spring themed tablescape. I cant wait for the clothes and slippers to arrive!

It's sounds as if you had a very full day.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖