Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 29 -- Leap Day)

My infusion went well today.  Now I hope for some extra energy.

I got a call from mom's Hospice nurse last night saying mom had the flu--both ends.  Just as we were driving into the garage this afternoon, mom's caretaker said that the flu seemed to be over with, but mom's breathing was labored this morning so they are giving her some oxygen &  increasing her water pills etc.  They also told me that mom was discharging some liquids from her mouth which is also from the kidney failure.  I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

DH & I did go to our tax lady to drop off everything.  Next thing will be trying to get mom's things ready.

BIRD MAMA,  What an awful mess your coworker is in.  I am so glad to be out of the workforce, but just not happy how my career ended.

Off for a much needed nap.

We are expecting snow tomorrow after record highs again yesterday.

I will post whenever I can.

Hugs & prayers for all of you.

Respected Contributor

Twinny:  Hugs and prayers.

Really tough to see our loved ones become frail.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear this about you Mom Twinny,I will be keeping her , you and your family in my prayers.    Marijane

Respected Contributor

Bird, how old is she? A friend of mine was laid off from her job last year at 63, and applied for Social Security. It's not as much as if she'd have waited a few years more, but it's something. She said they told her that when you start getting Social Security you can put it on hold ONCE if you find another job. 

I took the girls for a ride; I picked up some gospel tracts and we went to BK - they have 10 chicken nuggets for $1.49; they adore drive-thrus and get so excited!  The guy and girl at the window were so enamored of them and thought they were so adorable that they also got an order of chicken fries for free in additin to their nuggets.

Storms forecast for tomorrow, so it'll be a good day for cleaning... (Not that I'm procrastinating or anything...)

Sorry to hear about your mom, twinny.

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I think I heard that she is 66. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your coworker, Bernie.  It is a shame she didn't look into all the details before she put in for her retirement.  I can say that I know several older people (70's and up) who are still working not because they like working or their job, but to survive.  Very sad situation especially since sometimes they are suffering health issues that make working difficult.  

Different story entirely, but back in the 70's my ex thought he had a new job, and put in his resignation.  Long story short, he didn't have the new job (one partner offered him the job, but apparently didn't have agreement from the other).  And, when he tried to withdraw his papers at work, they said that they didn't want him any longer since he was not a "team player".  It took him six years to find another full-time job.  Not fun times for us.  

I hope that she can find a job or a way to live on whatever money she will have.