Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB.28)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cold today. YIPPEE!  We are having wind gusts that seem to not want to leave. I did watch the weather channel and it looks like there are two storm fronts moving around for all of us. I'm crossing my fingers that it just doesn't rain, snow or ice on grocery shopping dat. 

We spent the weekend doing all those small chores/fix it jobs that you think will only take about 15 minutes. LOL!  At least the outside of the place looks tidy and the hubby chopped the remainder of the firewood supply. We debating if we can get one more year from the wood racks or have to replace them this year. Too many items on that list already.

I received the MixMooz TSV sandal last week. The leather is very soft and the it really fits my fit. It's a very secure feeling which I like. I can see why sizing has been mentioned in a few reviews. I wear a 6 1/2 and this was a 37. It fits my foot but if I were a size 7 then I have doubts if it would .

I also received the D&Co Active french terry capri pants. They fit great! I ordered the pink and the sand. Now, I could kick myself that I didn't order a blue. I'm glad the got the second pair. They fit great. Not tight. Not loose. 

I liked the colors in the Candace TSV but I think that the top might be too short for me. I carry my weight in my middle and it's really a problem with fit/sizing these days. I ordered the striped boat neck top D&Co when it was a Big Deal. It's super soft and the I really like the neckline. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or return it for the sizing issue. It fits but I'm not sure if I like tthe fit. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB.28)

Hi Fressa.  It's a beautiful sunny 46° day here. It's supposed to be in the 40's all week with rain on Friday.  I  prefer snow over rain every day of the week.  It seems like when we think it's going to be a quick job. NOT.  We usually hire someone to do things that need to be done. It saves me a lot of anxiety.  I am a good painter and can do a lot of sewing jobs, but when it comes to plumbing, I don't let my dh touch it & we can't do anything electrical.  I am glad that he can mow the lawn, snowblow the driveway, vacuum for me and clean the tub/toilets.  We are going to start using the new cleaning set this week that we got last week.  We do the spring cleaning in March so we can open the windows and let the fresh air in.  It's not a hard job with two of us & it always looks so nice when we are done.    It looks like you got some nice sandals and capri pants.  Decisions for the top?  Good luck.

I went to the clinic this morning and dropped off the forms that my rheumatologist has to fill out & send to my rx company.  Hopefully I will be able to get on the formulary exempt list soon.  Then I did a load of laundry.  

My dh was having trouble with one of his hearing aids this weekend, so he called the hearing co.  and was able to get right in.  He needs to get his ears cleaned out, so I  made him an appt &  he can get in this Thursday afternoon with a new gal.  

Then between both of us, we got 4 phone calls from our rx company's.  We had no idea what he was getting today.  10 minutes ago the guy came & brought him 5 more insulin pens.  Yikes!  He just got 5  for $450 & these are 5 for $215.   At least they don't expire until 2023.

I did my downtown walk the first time in three months before lunch.  It was so nice to get out, but I was too tired to go to the gym with my dh this afternoon.  

I have chicken browning and ready to go into the oven for supper.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--You know I'm a snow lover like you. Not the ice...just snow. I just did 8 loads of laundry today.YIKES!!! It was quite a few of those "Odd" loads like mop heads, kitchen mats, dog towels and the regular "stuff". Tomorrow ...it's the bedspread because I really need to babysit that thing. I hoe D&Co is good because I'll be down there for a long time. It's more the dryer that is the real challenge. 

I'm glad you're stocked up on some of your prescriptions but the bill takes your breath away. I have a few more to phone in for pickup this week as well. 

The hubby is finally able to get his appointments for the dentist and doctor so that's good. He needs a haircut so I have to call about that and the dogs need some of the monthly preventitives. So exciting around here.

Our neighbor had a load of tree guys in and they were using our lot as a "shortcut". You would think they would let a person know.(especially, since they know we have dogs). Oh well, at least this time they didn't toss the debris on our lower lot so we are grateful for gesture.The last  three times we were not so lucky. 

I'm glad you had a good walk and got out a bit. It's such a good feeling to see a few things lighten up a bit.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you got all those jobs done over the weekend.  I always seem to underestimate how long chores will take.  Glad you like the sandals and capri pants.  Good luck with deciding about the top.  I wear the same size shoes as you do.  I used to be size 6 narrow, but now I am up to 6 1/2.  Although my foot is still narrow, I can wear medium so long as there is a way to make them fit like Velcro, straps, or laces.

I like several colors of the TSV, but not the neck.  So, I will not be ordering it.

It was warmer here this morning, and it should make it up into the mid 70's.  

Hi Glenda.  Glad you were able to do your downtown walk.  Hope you are able to get the medication on the formulary exempt list.  That is pretty wild about your husband's insulin pens.  

I was very sorry to learn of Tova's death.  She was a lovely lady, and it seems like most of the Q hosts who worked with her thought very highly of her.

This morning, I had my chair yoga Zoom class, and then I had a Walmart pick-up at noon.  The first items being put into my trunk were pizzas which I had not ordered.  Of course, that took a little while for the associate to fix, but all the rest was correct.  Only two substitutions, and one was okay. 

I went to visit my hospice patient this afternoon only to find that she had been taken to the hospital this morning.  So, I have a little extra time this afternoon before my Zoom Bible study.

DH's friend called yesterday to say that he will not be coming to the Southwest this spring as he planned since he will need to have cataract surgery.  I don't know if it is because he also has macular degeneration, but it seems like his surgery will require four weeks of visits after the surgeries (for each eye).  Hopefully, he will be okay.  I was looking forward to his visit, but health issues come first for sure.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa  I'm so happy to read that your new shoes and capri pants were winners.  I finally opened my Campanelli cleaning tool package - love it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   Wow you and your husband were busy today!  I hope that the rheumatologist can work some magic with the RX.

Honored Contributor

I was also saddened to learn of Tova's death Linda @LindaLatte   

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's too bad your dh's friend can't come this spring, but health does come first. It's too bad about your grocery pickup.  Glad it's settled and you got most of what you ordered.  I don't do grocery pick up as I like to get out at least once a week even if it's to get groceries.   It was so nice to do my walk this morning and see people & be able to window shop.  We have a lot of nice stores and restaurants.  

Bird Mama, why is it when you have one thing to do, 10 more pop up?   It seems like all of us like the cleaning set.   The long pole will be handy for me as a am SHORT!

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to say that I was sad to hear that Tova passed away.  She was such a lovely person. 

I don't watch QVC much anymore and there are several new vendors that I haven't heard of.  Maybe I will  have to see if there's anything that I can't do without. 

Right now, all I need is a nice long road trip.  It's been 2 1/2 years since we have been on vacation, so I am sure we will have to ease ourselves back into the saddle again.  

Glenda