Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 25)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny here, and should make it into the 60's, which is much more to my liking.  Hope all of your weather is okay, and you are not suffering through bad storms, wind, mudslides, etc.

I'm back from my "strong bones" class that went well, and I have a grief group this afternoon.  I'm still suffering from a cold or allergies, but fighting it the best that I can.  I may be allergic to snow. LOL  

No TSV for me -- not really my style of shoe, but they are pretty cute.  Hope any who order enjoy them very much.

I had an IM cardigan sweater on my wish list  that is being offered at a clearance price.  After much debate, I decided it is just too long for me.  Since our cold weather should be gone within a month or two, I probably would not get that much use out of a sweater.  Oh well.   I guess it is a good thing that I'm taking longer to consider purchases.

Glad you had a nice day trip despite the hard ride, Charlene.  I remember riding in my ex's sports car  on a trip to Montreal when I had a very sore back.  I felt every bump, and was in quite a bit of pain.. Then I realized that differences in vehicles made a difference in comfort.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 25)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   The wind is finally diminishing here.  I didn't lose power and awoke grateful for that.  The sun is shining, my birds are doing well and I saw Gerry my groundhog at dusk last night.  All is right in the world, lol.

Dooney and Bourke has a TSV coming up and I am really, really tempted by one of the color options.  I've never had a Dooney and Bourke bag before and lived 56 years so I'm telling myself I can go another 20 without one Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello!  Linda - thanks for starting our thread.  It is sunny and mildly warm here today.  It's green, the citrus is ripening on the trees, and the mountains are covered in snow.  Beautiful time of the year.  You were smart to keep the IM cardigan on the wish list and debate on it for a while.  Bernie - I didn't know you have a groundhog in your yard too.  By any chance do you have a St. Francis statue?

I continue to be good about thoughtful shopping.  February has been a good month for my rational brain to beat out my wantie brain.  I finished reading a book last night and happily put it in the donate pile today.  I've become a harsher judge on what books to keep after I've read them.  The harder thing is looking at the many, many, many books that I haven't yet read.  Every once in a while I'll cull a few unread books out of my library, but it's challenging.  At least I'm getting rid of about 3/4 of the books that I've read, which is a big improvement over the past.

Just doing misc. chores around the house today and enjoying the peace and quiet.  Hope you all have a pleasant day.  ~ Charlene 

Honored Contributor

Hey Charlene @cerb 

I have a small St. Francis on my kitchen windowsill.  It belonged to my mother.

Here are some photos of Gerry

IMG_1839 (350x263).jpg

phone 065.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  - Oh my goodness!  He's so cute!!!

Honored Contributor

@cerb   Last summer I wasn't sure if I had a male or female.  I never saw Gerry gain so much as to think it was pregnant groundhog so I'm thinking Gerry is a boy.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you, I'm not buying the TSV as I'm well endowed with shoes.

I worked today as the schools had electricity but no phone service. The winds did take out electricity in some areas. In our area, the winds gusted up to over 60mph. At Snowshoe, a mountain ski resort, the gusts went over 80 mph at one point. Needless to say, some roof damage, etc. has been done. So far, I haven't detected any problems but I haven't had time to check the entire property.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.