Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 20)

Good Morning Ladies!  Hope those of you having a long weekend enjoy your day off from work.  As a friend of mine once said, when you are retired, every day is the weekend.  That is somewhat true for me, but having my volunteer "job" and other activities, I am aware of the difference.  Hope Jean's subbing goes well.

I'll be taking the car in for an oil change this afternoon.  Otherwise, just the normal stuff -- walking, visiting DH, etc.  I should work on de-cluttering the closet again and I have a few more documents to put with my tax papers as well.  Hope that I can get those chores done.

No TSV for me -- my less expensive dryer works fine.  I remember when this was a big shopping day for many, but it seems less so these days.

Please post if you have a chance, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 20)

Hi everybody,

Image result for cute monday pics

Honored Contributor

http://www.adfinity.net/catalog/happy-presidents-day-white-house-facebook/

Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies,thanks for starting LindaL.  IT will be a nice day here,yesterday it hit 62 and nice and sunny, I don't think it will be that warm today but I'll take it!

Nice graphics Meallen,hope you are having a nice day.

My DH car was recovered SAt, about an hours drive north of us.....we were lucky as there was no damage done to it.  WHoever took it probably left it up there the same night he took it as it was still covered with snow so they would not be able to drive it without clearing off the windshield etc.  The police up there had noticed the car sitting there for a few days and ran the plates and saw it was stolen.  Happy to have it back and it's ok.

Not much else going on here.....just regular house stuff.      HOpe everyone has a nice day,      Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I call being retired "every day a vacation day."  It is fun taking the Subaru for an oil change, because they have great treats, fun cars to look at & a free coupon for a car wash just down the street.

Meallen, such cute graphics again.

Marijane. We have been in the 60's for several days with lots of sunshine.  Today it might rain, but it will be sunny & 60's tomorrow through Friday & then 30's & maybe snow.  I still need some more winter.

Heading out for shopping & lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  DD gave me a gift card for my birthday.

Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all - it's been surprisingly busy for a Monday here at work.

I reserved this Friday off as a vacation day and will be getting my oil changed at 10 am :-)

Marijane, I'm glad your car was recovered and not damaged.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I had no idea what the TSV was so I had to take a peek. I air dry my hair and then use that Calista Tools 3/4 inch styling brush on it. I remember when the TSV deals were so good that many stayed up to Midnight to see the TSV. I remember a few that sold out at Midnight. Those days are gone.

meallen--Great graphcs as always.

Marijane--Glad DH's car was recovered in great condition.

Twinny--The Cheesecake Factory is a favorite of mine but the closest one is a 3 hour drive one way.

Bernie--I thought of you when I saw the Presidents Day sale promotion by JCP.

I worked today and likely will be working the rest of the week. I forgot about Presidents Day and went to the Post Office after work. I did have mail but because I didn't go on Saturday to get it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane, I forgot to say that I am glad your DH's vehicle was returned not damaged.

Hi Bird Mama.

Jean, it sounds like you will have a busy week at school.  The Cheesecake Factory restaurant is in the mall where I tried on 2 swimsuits at JCP & didn't like either one of them.  They were on sale for $64 & original price was $96.  I have 2 that I like a lot better here.  I also remember when I would set the alarm clock so that I could see what the TSV was.  I was so disappointed one night when it was sold out in 15 minutes & I still don't know what it was.  I  buy a nice hat from Kohl's to keep the sun off of my head, face & neck.  It was on sale from $32 for $19.20 & my 30% off coupon came to $ 14.18.  

We went to Office Depot & bought a paper shredder.  Then DH saw a Big Lots next door so we had some fun in there.  I bought 4 travel size toothpastes for 25¢ each, 3 boxes of Kleenex, a plastic crate basket for my moped as the old one broke & the cutest stuffed Weiner Dog that is 2' long that was $12 on sale for $3.  It says I LOVE U THIS MUCH.  I don't know if my DGD will get it or our  great niece.

Right now I am exhausted & have no desire to do anymore shopping!