Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB 13)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm not working today or it appears that way at this point in time. I think I will be using the time to make a trip to the city  to renew my Federal version of my driver's license plus do some needed grocery shopping.

I do like the TSV. Is it a want or is it a need? It definitely falls into the category of a want. Do I have anything like it? Unless I bought the multi-colored snake one, then  I have crossbody bags in a metallic as well as a variety of colors including the works with everything black. 

Is it a cost effective purchase? The answer to that would depend upon how often it would be used, but I'm an individual who tends to use the same basic bags for a long time, so would I use this in place of my favorites which are still enduring wear and the test of time. 

Yes, I like the bag but since I am in a mood to be more conservative with my spending, minimize purchases, etc., I think I will pass. The big question? "Was I looking for a handbag before I saw the TSV presented?" No, so that reinforces the power of images as well as a sales pitch and magic words in enticing me to buy. Resistance is not futile; I can resist this purchase. After all, it might end up in "as is" at a savings but if it doesn't, I still am a financial winner.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB 13)

Image result for monday shopping memes

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you accomplish your errand if you are not called into work.  I think our State is behind the curve with those licenses.  As far as I know, the State received an extension for making them available.  I'll probably get one once they are available, assuming it is not too difficult to do so.  

The TSV is not calling my name at all, but I don't have a weakness for purses like I do for clothes and shoes.  I have a crossbody bag from years ago that works fine when I need one.   I had purchased three of the same bag, but ended up giving one to my DGD and the other was donated.  But, the TSV is pretty cute.

I do appreciate your reminding me of that important question "Was I looking for a handbag before I saw the TSV presented?"  Usually, the answer is no, and the item is really not any sort of a need.  So, it is often not a wise purchase for me.  I'm getting better at resisting those sales pitches, thank goodness.

Cute graphic, meallen.

I have a bookclub meeting this afternoon (I would not recommend the book, but....), and lots to accomplish before then.  Still need to do my ironing for one thing.  And, I would like to pick up a few things at the grocery as well as take a walk and visit DH.  The grocery visit might not happen, but it isn't like I'll starve with my overstocked pantry.  Just want some more produce and dairy products.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is another beautiful sunny day.  Highs in the mid 40's until tomorrow when it will be sunny & 30's for a couple of days.  Then 50's right through most of next week.  They did say that we would have above normal temps February- April & above normal precipitation.  That means rain.  UGHH!  While the TSV is cute, it is not calling my name.

Meallen, cute graphic too.

Linda L, enjoy your book club, but sorry the book wasn't to your liking.  I read a lot, but I just go to the library for whatever I feel like reading.  When we are traveling, I get us books for 25¢ & sometimes 2 for 25¢ also at the library book sales.  Then I either toss them or donate.  They have a nice take/donate book shelf at our Mexican resort.  Most books are in Spanish, so the English books go quickly.  

DH is impatiently waiting for the hearing center to call him back.  

I had a good sleep last night after a restless weekend.  It is amazing at the amount of support our hometown has received since last Fridays tragedy.  School is in session today after a huge 45 minute time of prayer held outside.

My only plans for today is my walk at 11:00 & the hot tub after lunch.

Yesterday my BF from HS & her DH came up as her DH had cabin fever.  Us gals lost at cards, but it was all fun.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....I have not checked out the s/v today but I do not need/want another....I have a few new ones that I haven't even used yet.(not that brand)..I tend to use the same ones all the times.

IT has been very windy and cold today but the sun is out..the schools were on a 2 hr delay this morning as it's very icy out....after the sleet and snow  yesterday and then a lot of rain it froze during the night.  I will make sure I put my old pair of slip on shoes with those yak-track( I think that's what they are called,not sure) before I walk down for the mail...Even then I walk on the ice very very carefully.  I had broken my wrist yrs  ago so I am careful about that.

Not much else going on here.  HAve a nice day everyone........Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello all - if I was going to buy a crossbody bag, it would be the new oryany floral patterned bag.  I get nervous about snake textured bags - my concern is that I'll start losing scales, lol.

Sun is shining here which is always good. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I got a chuckle out of your post. I had a vision of you personally shedding scales...but the bag would be intact: "My concern is that I'll start losing scales."

Linda--Our state decided to meet the deadline instead of trying for an extension. I've had the "Federal" version since the last renewal. It just packs a lot more info into the holograms, etc and is extremely difficult to fake. I have to wait about two to three weeks for the new license to arrive as they cannot be made locally. It isn't really a problem getting it after the first one is obtained. There is several requirements of verification of name, physical address, etc. via different forms from utiilities, birth certificate, voter registration, passport, etc. We can still get the regular version but we can't use it for ID for entrance into any Federally-controlled building, airline, etc. without having additional verification of identity and physiical address.

http://www.dmv.org/articles/the-real-id-act-are-you-ready-for-a-national-id/

Marijane--I have a couple pair of those yak-trak things, one of which is kept in the car. I fractured my back years ago so the thought of slippping on ice and falling is a real concern to me also.

Twinny--I am glad that you had a good night's sleep. Also, it is good that you could get together with HS friends. Like you, we had sunshine today which is so great after the rain we had the past two days.

meallen--Cute graphic. I satisfied a shopping need today by buying groceries. I was so focused that I did not venture into other areas of the store to see what might be available to tempt me.

I had a 30% off coupon at Kohls and took it with me but did not stop. After getting the license renewed, I bought groceries and headed home  and then had my usual afternoon reading encounter when not working. I'm now looking at "Accessorize Your Spring." There is a cute swimsuit on clearance.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.