Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 11)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is chilly, but sunny here, and should go down into the 20's tonight. so I need to remember to cover my plants again.  Hope the weather is okay where you live.

DD said the weather was nasty in Maryland -- ice and snow.  None of my grands got to work on time due to road conditions, and the eldest met with his boss for lunch instead of going to VA as planned.  While DD and I were talking, he said he will be going back up to Philadelphia.  Meanwhile, my SIL made her move to Delaware on Saturday, and it went quite well.  She has already had an interview for a job, and found out that they have contacted her previous employer for a reference.  Fingers crossed the job or another good one comes through for her.

I had an OLLI class this morning -- excellent about the Baltic States -- Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia.  I knew some things about the area, but learned much more.  This afternoon I have my grief group and later my bookclub (book -- "Exit West", which I did not enjoy too much.)

No TSV for me.  I purchased a previous TSV from BD and just did not care for it -- already donated.  I know some really love the brand, and I hope you like it if you order.

Guess I better get busy now.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA-- I was wondering if you have tried any goats milk products for skin care, Charlene?  I keep seeing them presented on HSN, and they make many claims about how wonderful they are.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, FEB. 11)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  thanks for starting the thread today.  I began my day shoveling snow.  It wasn't that bad and I was done with all of it by 9am.  If I heard it correctly this morning (didn't have my coffee yet, lol) rain is starting later and that will go all night to create some dangerous conditions on the road tomorrow morning.  I think it's supposed to warm up later tomorrow afternoon and melt away.

Honestly, we've been having some squirrely weather in the past month. Woman Surprised

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies......no snow yet but they are saying it will start around midnight and continue till Wednesday morning with a topping of ice....so it sounds like you sent me your weather Bernie.  I can't complain though since so far it really hasn't been a bad winter.

I have a few different peices of the BD Linda....that I wear but I won't be getting this one...maybe if it had regular sleeves,I don't care for how it falls.  the colors are pretty though.

Not sure why this is all being underlined,L haven't touched or done anything different from yesterday's posting.

That's about all from here,maybe the weather guys will be wrong....again!

Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. No Barefoot Dreams here either. It is hard to believe that you will have temps in the low 20s tonight. The weather is really not normal lately.

Bernie--You got your exercise in by shoveling that snow. I hope the coming rain doesn't create problems.

Marijane--Have a great evening. I do hope you don't get severe weather. I haven't looked at the TSV yet but enjoy  the BD you have.

We had the ice and snow last night but then it started warming up and the rain began. It was in the 50s when I came home from work.  We have gone from 75 as a high to the 20s the next day and then back up again. It certainly makes it difficult to know how to dress for it.

I hadn't planned on working today but the principal called me and said that I was really needed. I also work the next two days which had been planned. It will help pay for the faux trees and other splurges like the PTR TSV which I did not put on easy pay.

I also booked two of the tours we will be doing when we go to Australia---The Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley.

https://www.activitytours.com.au/tours/blue_mountains_day_tour.html

https://www.activitytours.com.au/tours/hunter_valley_day_tour.html

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Just a quick update, my friend's husband, Don, passed away this morning.  He had just started on the "comfort medicine" about 24 hours earlier, just like DH.  Jo Ann is still planning to come to bookclub this afternoon -- seems a bit in shock, but I am happy that I'll be able to see her.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for the update. Jo Ann undoubtedly is in shock about how quickly he went after taking the comfort drug but sometimes people need to be out and sharing with people to better cope. I do believe you will be a source of comfort to her.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda L, we were in the 20's last night & all day so far &  I am liking it.  After last weeks -40° & freezing drizzle this is good for February.  Sorry that your grands were late to work, but better than having an accident.  I hope that your sil likes her new move & finds a job that she likes.

Bird Mama, we drove to our funeral gathering yesterday in blizzard conditions, but we only had to go 11 miles.  It only snowed for 1/2 hour and it was all done when we were driving back home.  We got an inch of the beautiful white fluffy stuff . Easy Peasy to shovel the driveway.

Marijane. We had your weather last week.

Jean. It sounds like you are making the most out of your subbing days.  Your faux trees and shrubs looked very nice.  

Yesterday's funeral get together was an unorganized mess.  We ate before going since it was from 1-4:00.   No program or any introductions & the luncheon was right away  Lot's of people & we knew just a few of them. We were glad that my dh's brother and sil were able to make it.

My DH decided that we needed to get our tax info ready for our tax lady.  After hot tubbing, we spent the rest of the afternoon getting it all ready. We don't need an appointment, so we might drop off our stuff after my Dr.appointment tomorrow.  She is just a few blocks away.  Then again  it depends on how much ❄❄❄ we get.

I am trying to have a lazy day.   It was leftover broccoli soup for lunch and supper will be a salad and a turkey breast sandwich.

I have my GI Dr appt. tomorrow morning and then we are going to eat breakfast up there.  We are supposed to get 6-8" of snow starting tonight and ending tomorrow night, so it could be interesting.  Good thing that we live in town.

Hugs to all of you.

ETA: Linda L, I am sorry to hear that your friends DH passed away so fast, but at least he didn't suffer for a long time. I am sure that you will be a comfort to his wife.

Our ddil is doing pretty good in the Philippines.  Her mom's funeral was a few days ago and I think that she will be flying back to Boston on Sunday.  Keep her & our ds in your thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte  God Bless Don that his journey is complete.  I have been and will continue to pray that God give JoAnn strength at this time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise